Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

9 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Every team that has joined the SPFL or whatever it was called at the time has seen an increase in attendances.

The majority of SPFL lower league clubs don't charge for kids either.

There is plenty of junior clubs that will bring a great deal to the pyramid. At the same time if the likes of Talbot don't want promoted then that option has to be on offer too.

Its just a pity that it's taken so long to get to this point as the LL could have been even stronger than it is just now with the inclusion of the bigger junior teams.

Clyde's website quotes £8 for children. 

10 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Every team that has joined the SPFL or whatever it was called at the time has seen an increase in attendances.

The majority of SPFL lower league clubs don't charge for kids either.

There is plenty of junior clubs that will bring a great deal to the pyramid. At the same time if the likes of Talbot don't want promoted then that option has to be on offer too.

Its just a pity that it's taken so long to get to this point as the LL could have been even stronger than it is just now with the inclusion of the bigger junior teams.

Be grateful if you could show me an SFL2 team's website that says it lets children in free.

As a matter of interest what is the financial benefit if say Talbot reach the LL. I only ask because if the club did reach these heights then no doubt a better class of player would need purchased so putting financial strain on a club who outwith fundraising and sponsorship has no other income.  Sponsorship in our area is hard to come by as you could be up against seven other clubs looking to attract the same sponsorship.

1 minute ago, Dipple burn said:

As a matter of interest what is the financial benefit if say Talbot reach the LL. I only ask because if the club did reach these heights then no doubt a better class of player would need purchased so putting financial strain on a club who outwith fundraising and sponsorship has no other income.  Sponsorship in our area is hard to come by as you could be up against seven other clubs looking to attract the same sponsorship.

So do what every club does (or at least should do) - set a budget, live within your means and compete at your natural level as a result. No-one is going to force Talbot or anyone else to overspend in order to move up the levels!

Just now, Born To Run said:

So do what every club does (or at least should do) - set a budget, live within your means and compete at your natural level as a result. No-one is going to force Talbot or anyone else to overspend in order to move up the levels!

So that is why the SPL1/2 is full of dross and the new pyramid is going to be the same unless you can find money in an ever decreasing economy, especially in a deprived area like East ayrshire.

10 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

The 2017 SFA Annual payment to clubs in the EoS was £12k, I believe it's more to LL clubs, and more again to L2 clubs (someone can correct me if that's wrong).  Scottish Cup money has been detailed on here in the past, a first round exit would net around £4k-£5k.  I don't think a better class of player would be required to compete at the top end of the LL from the top end of the East or West SL's

16 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Be grateful if you could show me an SFL2 team's website that says it lets children in free.

http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/club/admission/

Literally the first one I looked at, Under 16s for free :)

Just now, Dipple burn said:

Because its full of sides that are going nowhere. Name one club that will be in the Premier League in the next 10 year.

With the Pyramid in place, they could be going in the opposite direction.

Because its full of sides that are going nowhere. Name one club that will be in the Premier League in the next 10 years

A bit like Auchinleck then, they are going nowhere and have no hope of being in the Premier League in the next decade

6 minutes ago, gogsy said:

So you're saying that because none of the current teams in SPFL 1/2 will be in the Premier league ( cant even get the name of the top division correct) in ten years time then that makes a club dross. :lol:

Yes in a pyramid system you aim for the top. The bottom feeders in the seniors will never do that because they don't have the money, fans or the gumption to get there. The reason I didn't get the name of the top league right is the fact that I don't follow senior football. I couldn't even tell you who sponsors it, thats if there is a sponsor.

3 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Yes in a pyramid system you aim for the top. The bottom feeders in the seniors will never do that because they don't have the money, fans or the gumption to get there. The reason I didn't get the name of the top league right is the fact that I don't follow senior football. I couldn't even tell you who sponsors it, thats if there is a sponsor.

Are you as complimentary to those clubs lower down the Junior Pyramid, or are they just mediocre?

13 minutes ago, drs said:

A bit like Auchinleck then, they are going nowhere and have no hope of being in the Premier League in the next decade

Are you right in the head? Of course we will be going nowhere because we don't have the recourses to get past the LL. Read what is being printed we come from one of the most deprived areas in Scotland, our village has 3,500 inhabitants. You could fling a tea towel over the eight clubs in our area that are chasing the same penny's.

11 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Yes in a pyramid system you aim for the top. The bottom feeders in the seniors will never do that because they don't have the money, fans or the gumption to get there. 

ICT, Ross County and Livingston all entered the league and made it to the top of the pyramid. Hamilton and Rangers have also made it to the top division having been demoted to the bottom league.

Clydebank of course once left the Juniors and made it to the top. 

Bankies and Hamilton are both clubs that have small, in relative terms, support so there is no reason at all why a forward thinking club like Kelty or Bonnyrigg or indeed Clydebank again couldn't make the step up.

5 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Are you right in the head? Of course we will be going nowhere because we don't have the recourses to get past the LL. 

You seem upset - you've just admitted your own team are dross and are going nowhere and are now  lashing out.  Sad.

Edited by drs

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Are you as complimentary to those clubs lower down the Junior Pyramid, or are they just mediocre?

I make this point every time such an argument is put forward. Is there genuinely any point in a team like Banchory being in the junior cup?  If "aiming for the top" were to be applied to us all, we'd end up at Barcelona. 

If Talbot or anyone else can't afford to be better than that are at the moment then stick with what you trust. Just don't force it on to everyone else and assume it's them that are wrong. I realise that works 2 ways and that any number of guys who support the junior status quo are saying exactly the same. It's why the game will break up now. It has to. 

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

No I'm quoting facts. We are being spoon fed this all singing all dancing pyramid where your reward will be to become another non entity in the senior game.  The Junior pyramid is a different kettle of fish where clubs can strive to become a top team. Meadow , Kilbirnie and Kilwinning were all in the ADL .

1 minute ago, drs said:

ICT, Ross County and Livingston all entered the league and made it to the top of the pyramid. Hamilton and Rangers have also made it to the top division having been demoted to the bottom league.

Clydebank of course once left the Juniors and made it to the top. 

You seem upset - you've just admitted your own team are dross and are going nowhere and are now  lashing out.  Sad.

The old upset or rattled comeback. Its growing a beard.

The old upset or rattled comeback. Its growing a beard.

Well when presented with a counter argument all you did was lash out in making a dreadful crack about mental health issues - that's the comeback of someone who has no relevant counterpoint themselves. As you've shown with that post I've quoted above.

3 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

No I'm quoting facts. We are being spoon fed this all singing all dancing pyramid where your reward will be to become another non entity in the senior game.  The Junior pyramid is a different kettle of fish where clubs can strive to become a top team. Meadow , Kilbirnie and Kilwinning were all in the ADL .

No, you'll be a club (not Senior, not Junior) moving up and down within in the league system as your circumstances dictate, just like almost every other league in the world.

Your disparaging remarks to lower league clubs in the SPFL can equally be applied to the lower Junior clubs who haven't a hope in hell of winning the Superleague. I wonder why they do it eh.....

4 minutes ago, HTG said:

I make this point every time such an argument is put forward. Is there genuinely any point in a team like Banchory being in the junior cup?  If "aiming for the top" were to be applied to us all, we'd end up at Barcelona. 

If Talbot or anyone else can't afford to be better than that are at the moment then stick with what you trust. Just don't force it on to everyone else and assume it's them that are wrong. I realise that works 2 ways and that any number of guys who support the junior status quo are saying exactly the same. It's why the game will break up now. It has to. 

Nobody from Talbot has forced anything onto anybody. Most supporters are defending their club due to the bullshit flung against us because our club voted to stay Junior and our secretary told the press why.  Get over it, if the Juniors stay then we will be junior, if the Juniors are in demise then we will take our chances in the pyramid. If we have to start at the bottom then so be it.