Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, surely not! said:

Nah, gonna take at least that for those five to be in the same league unfortunately

Oooooft imagine the tears and snotters on here when they finally grow a pair, but  see where they have to start off at 

48 minutes ago, santheman said:

I would still put my house on Pollok Auchinleck Linlithgow or Boness pumping them 9 times out of 10.

Yeah, how did that work out for the Wee Rose whilst they were in the same league as Kelty last season?

Fun fact - Kelty finished above the Wee Rose in their last 3 seasons as a junior club.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

I would still put my house on Pollok Auchinleck Linlithgow or Boness pumping them 9 times out of 10.

How many rooms has it got? Double glazing? Gas central heating? 

Tbh I’ve not seen much of pollock or talbot this season, but linlithgow and bo’ness would get thumped.

Edited by 8MileBU

15 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

How many rooms has it got? Double glazing? Gas central heating? 

Tbh I’ve not seen much of pollock or talbot this season, but linlithgow and bo’ness would get thumped.

See how easy it is Glenconner :thumsup2

Enjoyed the game today the set up was fantastic aswell as the pitch not much between the teams imo tho Kelty a lot more powerful

No 2 of lthv was the player that stood out for me and the third goal was terrific 

I think Linlithgow have won 4 out of their last sixteen league games against Kelty, . Boness record against Kelty in the same period is much better than that but nowhere near as good as you think it should be.
Kelty v Linlithgow in league 2009/10 to 2016/17 P16 W 9 D 3 L 4 F21 A 15

Aye but how many Scottish Cups in these figures?

9 hours ago, drs said:

Yeah, how did that work out for the Wee Rose whilst they were in the same league as Kelty last season?

Fun fact - Kelty finished above the Wee Rose in their last 3 seasons as a junior club.

Couldn't beat the Rose at East End Park though. 

Kelty were as a top junior team always odds on to win the Easy of Scotland League where apart from LTHV the standard is very poor. I cannot recall an East of Scotland team having success against a junior team in The William Hill Scottish Cup, usually the outcome is a emphatic win for the junior team.

20 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Kelty were as a top junior team always odds on to win the Easy of Scotland League where apart from LTHV the standard is very poor. I cannot recall an East of Scotland team having success against a junior team in The William Hill Scottish Cup, usually the outcome is a emphatic win for the junior team.

Usually???? So how many times do you think this has happened then?

*hint... not many, and it doesn’t make happy reading for you.

11 hours ago, santheman said:

image.png.733578673e56fd8248f81910ce4f6cd8.png

Here's the league record between Kelty and Linlithgow in the last 4 seasons. As a Rose fan I wish you were right, but obviously not.

I'll be interested in how you respond to this tbh.

36 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Okay, I think we have the retrospective picture.

Surely of more interest is what happens next regarding the pyramid, for juniors in the West & North Regions, and when ? Also have the dates been set for the SJFA EGM/AGM ? "What is the future" ?

21 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Were Burntisland an eos team when Bonnyrigg won 14-0?

Edited by BS7

Lothian thistle 3 kelty hearts 0
Only 3 years ago to refresh your memory

100% record against EoS for ourselves.

The EoS league decider could have been scripted in August. Given the schedule of LTHV over recent weeks yesterday's result could have been expected.

Next season Bonnyrigg will dominate largely in similar fashion to kelty.

The only question relates to how competitive the other Super League sides are in relation to LTHV.

Musselburgh will sneak into the mix as probably the closest to the other Super League sides moving.

21 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

100% record against EoS for ourselves.

The EoS league decider could have been scripted in August. Given the schedule of LTHV over recent weeks yesterday's result could have been expected.

Next season Bonnyrigg will dominate largely in similar fashion to kelty.

The only question relates to how competitive the other Super League sides are in relation to LTHV.

Musselburgh will sneak into the mix as probably the closest to the other Super League sides moving.

There's also the additional factor of whether or not LTHV can retain their team (again). Leith Athletic ran LTHV very close in 2016-17 but then lost virtually the entire team (and I mean down to one or two players remaining - players generally went Junior or to LL) and have rebuilt this season. It doesn't mean it will happen to LTHV but another year missing out on the Lowland League when they're clearly up to the standard... you'd imagine there will be interest in them and with the reduced chances of promotion with Mussey and Bonnyrigg especially coming in...  and of course Kelty could lose the play off and still be a factor next season. I feel a bit sorry for them that it's taken so long to get Saughton sorted as they should have been up before now.

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 hour ago, Vollyman said:

Pollok 1 Spartans 1

Replay: Spartans 1 Pollok 0

Vale of Leithen 1-0 Girvan

Shotts Bon Accord 1 Edinburgh City 1

Replay Edinburgh City 4-1 Shotts Bon Accord

Lothian Thistle HV 2 Girvan 2

Replay: Girvan 2 Lothian Thistle HV 5

Lothian Thistle HV 3 Kelty Hearts 0

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Pollok 1 Spartans 1

Replay: Spartans 1 Pollok 0

Vale of Leithen 1-0 Girvan

Shotts Bon Accord 1 Edinburgh City 1

Replay Edinburgh City 4-1 Shotts Bon Accord

Lothian Thistle HV 2 Girvan 2

Replay: Girvan 2 Lothian Thistle HV 5

Lothian Thistle HV 3 Kelty Hearts 0

I couldn't make the replay but Spartans were very sharp in the first game vs Lok. Easily our standard at top end. Team quality ebbs and flows though - I think the Lok side of the previous year would have beaten them, one of the best sides to not win the Scottish Cup... in the semis, Robertson, Carruth, Wilson, Aitchison, Heaton, Miller, Ryan, McKeown, Downs, Dingwall, Cruickshank. Turnbull, Waddell, McKay, McClay, Newall, McGeown, Hyslop, Logan all other key contributors that season.