Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Tier 5 - Highland League, Lowland League East, Lowland League West.

Tier 6. - North and South regional leagues below LLE and LLW.
HL to have East and West regions below that.

Tier 7 - you can have further regional sections below tier 6 if required.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Forget all about Pyramids as they upset you. Enjoy the Cup Final.

Re last nights East Region meeting, was any mention made of what would happen if there are further resignations or was it head in sand stuff?

It's difficult to plan for further resignations until you know who's going.

3 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

It's difficult to plan for further resignations until you know who's going.

That's fair comment, I guess the structure can withstand more resignations. I doubt there will be too many more anyway, although there may be one or two.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Certainly any super duper league could in theory work alongside the eos as the feeder that emcompasses the west teams. Again it could be run by the sjfa. It certainly ticks Tom's boxes.

Remember though Tom it is a lowland feeder so get ready to tell lochee , broughty,  carnoustie and forfar their not invited to the party.

I doubt whether the SFA would accept the SJFA having this role, especially when it seems to be run by incompetents who can't even organise a fixture list.

The whole point of the pyramid is to have a seamless progression from bottom to top, and that means getting rid of obsolete and unnecessary barriers like the junior/senior distinction.

26 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Tier 5 may happen eventually, it wont happen for the time being until we have enough Licenced clubs who could fill both Lowland Leagues and more importantly, the SPFL agree to it which they wont short term. 

What don't you understand about the EOS moving to 2 divisions after a transitional season? The top 16 in the EOS looks like a more attractive league than what remains in the East Superleague, especially if Penicuik & Newtongrange Star are also moving over. The "dross" will end up in EOS Division 1 or something like that.

75% of the clubs moving to the EOS have never been involved in a top division in junior football but they will still enhance the EOS[emoji1]

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

That's fair comment, I guess the structure can withstand more resignations. I doubt there will be too many more anyway, although there may be one or two.

Have Downfield and Kirriemuir Thistle gone to the North Region Juniors, as they are missing from the Scottish Sun Juniors list - or is the list inaccurate ?

I love it that whenever an SPFL fan comes onto the Junior forum and slags off Junior football for being parochial perma-diddies with delusions of grandeur so many Junior fans go in the huff and red dots come out along with a vociferous defence of "the grade" but, at the same time, are happy to belittle the East of Scotland league members. Hypocritical little snowflakes aint they?

16 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Have Downfield and Kirriemuir Thistle gone to the North Region Juniors, as they are missing from the Scottish Sun Juniors list - or is the list inaccurate ?

Yes they are there (look back a few pages), I think the Sun FB post cut them off at the bottom.

18 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

75% of the clubs moving to the EOS have never been involved in a top division in junior football but they will still enhance the EOSemoji1.png

Armadale responded Yes to the SJFA survey.

You wont be able to enter the Pyramid via the SJFA, so what are you therefore going to do, forget about it and remain Junior?

It looks like Newtongrange and Penicuik will be travelling next season to:

Dundonald, Lochee, Broughty, Sauchie, Carnoustie, Jeanfield, Kennoway, Forfar, Tayport and Thornton.

And possibly Glenrothes or Downfield if Linlithgow leave.

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Why do we need to further regionalise the LL? Especially when the winners will be playing off for the right to play in a national league.

If Fraserburgh can go to Fort William and Cove can travel to Wick then there shouldn't be a problem with Beith travelling to Spartans or Kelty going to Hurlford.

If one thing really annoys me in the juniors it is this obsession with having to travel.

15 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

It looks like Newtongrange and Penicuik will be travelling next season to:

Dundonald, Lochee, Broughty, Sauchie, Carnoustie, Jeanfield, Kennoway, Forfar, Tayport and Thornton.

And possibly Glenrothes or Downfield if Linlithgow leave.

See my previous post. If Newtongrange or Penicuik move to the EOS and are really successful they will be travelling much further than Tayside!!

I love it that whenever an SPFL fan comes onto the Junior forum and slags off Junior football for being parochial perma-diddies with delusions of grandeur so many Junior fans go in the huff and red dots come out along with a vociferous defence of "the grade" but, at the same time, are happy to belittle the East of Scotland league members. Hypocritical little snowflakes aint they?
To be fair, the SPFL fans that do so are normally supporters of perennial League 1 or 2 clubs who never win anything of note, or live off the memory of some ancient cup victory that nobody alive remembers. There's a lot of hypocrisy on all sides here.

8 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Why do we need to further regionalise the LL? Especially when the winners will be playing off for the right to play in a national league.

If Fraserburgh can go to Fort William and Cove can travel to Wick then there shouldn't be a problem with Beith travelling to Spartans or Kelty going to Hurlford.

If one thing really annoys me in the juniors it is this obsession with having to travel.

It's not travel from my perspective, it's more to do with the recognition that the vast majority of the populace and therefore semi-pro clubs, fall within the LL area, yet they only have 16 clubs at tier 5, whilst the HL respresent far less clubs and people but have 18 clubs at that level.  Makes sense to split in three long term.

9 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

See my previous post. If Newtongrange or Penicuik move to the EOS and are really successful they will be travelling much further than Tayside!!

Newtongrange to Tweedmouth 1 hr 10 mins to forfar 1 hr 40 mins . 45 mins to Camelon tonight so don' get how they' have more travelling I eosfl

14 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

It's not really about having to travel, it's about the amount of teams behind that 0.5 playoff spot to the SPFL. At the moment it's 18 HL v (16 LL + 13 EoS + 15 SoS), but in the future if all the clubs join in the pyramid it would be 77 Highland versus 152 Lowland. So either you give the top two LL clubs a playoff spot (like Germany does for their Southwest region) or you split the LL in two to make it fair.

Edited by Ginaro

11 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

You mean if they get to the SPFL? 

If they are really successful and get into the Lowland League they wouldn't have anything like the travel they now face.

The difference being that the financial rewards from being in the pyramid would more than adequately compensate them. 

That is not the point the fact remains that despite all your scaremongering forecasts that all the big clubs would rush to the EOS only super league clubs have moved this season.You have been wrong before one of your posts predicted that the Lowland League was a busted flush. The decision about the format of the pyramid is yet to be made despite all your speculation.