Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Does moving to the EOS make getting referees/match officials easier at all? I‘m not clear on how designation of officials works depending if a club is senior or junior.

SFA already appoint refs but there may be priorities towards clubs in pyramid when it comes to assistants. Lowland League gets Cat 1 officials (the guys who do SPFL matches) to ref games on occasion - Juniors do not ever.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

SFA already appoint refs but there may be priorities towards clubs in pyramid when it comes to assistants. Lowland League gets Cat 1 officials (the guys who do SPFL matches) to ref games on occasion - Juniors do not ever.

Yeah it's fun shouting at Collum or Finnie when there's only 150 or so there :lol:

20 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Back when the Lowland League was formed, the SJFA were perfectly placed to absorb all football beneath it into their own organisation, with refinements here and there. The SoS could have become part of the West Region, the shrinking EoS part of the East Region. Instead, inaction has led to the demise of the grade in one significant part of the country, and once the rot sets in...

This is what most people observed from the get go. The Lowland League gave it's head start to the traditional senior clubs clubs outwith the national leagues by giving priority to those either with SFA Licences or were closest to attaining one by a set time frame. Those that aspire to national league football would of gotten in at tier 5 because of that.

What was left wouldn't have had many complaints over the EoS & SoS being tacked on at district level to the West and East Region based on performace on the field. It's just doing it under the authority of the SJFA due to the constant criticisms we've heard over its organisational capabilities made that a non starter.

13 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Yeah it's fun shouting at Collum or Finnie when there's only 150 or so there :lol:

can still remember a then unknown, and visibly discomfited, Collum, backing away from a raging Jim Mercer (I think) of Albion Rovers, at Links Park, around 2004.

[nasal voice]"conduct yourself in a responsible manner"[/nasal voice]

I know the North of the Tay sides get painted as Junior diehards. You have to wonder how much of that is not knowing where they stand. Whether that's the uncertainty over the boundary being changed to let them stay East, or the certainty of knowing they're in the Highlands and not fancying it because it wasn't as preferable to what they already had.

If this rumoured WoSFL gets set up without the North of Tay being addressed everyone's to blame.

I know the North of the Tay sides get painted as Junior diehards. You have to wonder how much of that is not knowing where they stand. Whether that's the uncertainty over the boundary being changed to let them stay East, or the certainty of knowing they're in the Highlands and not fancying it because it wasn't as preferable to what they already had.
If this rumoured WoSFL gets set up without the North of Tay being addressed everyone's to blame.
Good post, I think that's exactly where they are at the minute. . .in limbo.

And the salary of TJ will reduce pro rata with the number of teams that have left the SJFA.
If he had a pair he would resign being guilty for the demise of Junior Football, or the clubs that are left for next season give him a vote of no confidence.

Is this individual, currently resident in some bunker, full time or part time and paid? Seems to an outsider as the most incompetent performance possible

There is one pro-junior member of the committee who has been the voice of doom, claiming that once EOS hit 32 teams then applications will start to be declined. He also said that Dundonald weren't moving at last night's meeting despite the tweet they'd issued 3 hours earlier stating they were going. I don't know if he's your source.
Didn't Fauldhouse say that they were choosing between the EOS and West juniors? Staying in the East juniors wasn't an option.

Sounds as bad as the West juniors charging Clydebank with treason, yes treason........

35 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:
46 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Good post, I think that's exactly where they are at the minute. . .in limbo.

Do you think any North of Tay sides put in rescindable applications for the EOSL? 

14 minutes ago, Slaverysam said:

Sounds as bad as the West juniors charging Clydebank with treason, yes treason........

Are treason and arson in a naval dockyard not still capital offences?

Who will hang for this?

Nominate your man.

Edited by garrellburn

5 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Do you have a link to this?

You have a cheek with the shite you’ve  spouted on here 

and no, I’m not giving you a link to that neither :lol: