Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 hours ago, Truthteller said:

St. Andrews Dundonald 

I don't engage with you much bud, and this kind of thing is why.

Neither team changed their mind. You've just either got the wrong end of the stick somewhere, or you're making things up. 

5 hours ago, Truthteller said:

So called big clubs should be leading the way.  Linlithgow and Bo'ness who are being dragged in kicking and screaming. Big clubs ???????

You're having a f#####g laugh

teams in the west will be pissing themselves laughing

At least the other east region clubs had the baws to make the decision  to move off their own backs.

the wee rose and Bo'ness have had their heads up their own ass for years :thumsup2 full of their self importance, and are now being led by others

truthteller says it as it is

If a WoSFL is getting founded and some of the big teams leave, the same would happen as in the East with others following in fear of being left behind and having to join in a lower tier. Dundonald's original decision to defer for a year while doing some work wasn't that strange. Once they saw how many others moved late on, it made sense to join straight away.

As said, this "shambles" is caused by the SJFA inaction and refusal to engage with the pyramid, you can't blame the clubs or EoSFL. And talking about piss up and brewery, with how the SJFA organise their leagues, those words are more appropriate for them...

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Neither team changed their mind. You've just either got the wrong end of the stick somewhere, or you're making things up. 

St. Andrews had a meeting but the management couldn't make it, news from that was the decision to stay junior. The management team are apparently pro the move so the 2nd meeting was called to hear their views. Move to the EoSFL was decided on.

Dundonald were set for the original 31st March deadline for the 2018-19 season. Only to defer quite late to a 2019-20 application. Then went back to the original plan of 2018-19 when they saw how many clubs were moving.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

St Andrews had 2 meetings. At the first one they decided that they were staying. Their new management team who were not at this meeting then asked for another meeting to be held so they could have an input. At this second meeting they decided to leave. That to me is changing your decision.

Dundonald have flip flopped so much. In, deferred, out then back in again. It's like the Hokey Cokey:o 

St Andrews had 2 meetings. At the first one they decided that they were staying. Their new management team who were not at this meeting then asked for another meeting to be held so they could have an input. At this second meeting they decided to leave. That to me is changing your decision.
Dundonald have flip flopped so much. In, deferred, out then back in again. It's like the Hokey Cokey[emoji33] 

Told the management threatened to quit if they didnt apply.

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Told the management threatened to quit if they didnt apply.

Nothing like putting yourself under pressure.

Mind you if it doesn't work out for them on the park they just walk away and the club will be in a place they didn't really want to be. 

Nothing like putting yourself under pressure.

Mind you if it doesn't work out for them on the park they just walk away and the club will be in a place they didn't really want to be. 

You and I tend to disagree on a lot of things but for once I actually agree with you. I think the move is the right thing but if its true it certainly hasnt happened in a natural way. Could be wrong though.

37 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

Dundonald have flip flopped so much. In, deferred, out then back in again. It's like the Hokey Cokey:o 

Dundonald were never "out" when they made their first decision to move. The question since has always been when they'd move, not if.

39 minutes ago, Marten said:

Dundonald were never "out" when they made their first decision to move. The question since has always been when they'd move, not if.

I would say once the deferral occurred the question became how they'd move.

EoSFL or a sjfa backed solution.

...and judging by a "better together" rant on here from what appeared to be a committee member the latter was their preferred option (understandably IMO) until it later became clear to most that the PWG wasn't in agreement with that strategy and that it was a non-starter for teams in the EoS catchment.

You and I tend to disagree on a lot of things but for once I actually agree with you. I think the move is the right thing but if its true it certainly hasnt happened in a natural way. Could be wrong though.
The St Andrews decision is a difficult one.
Let's be honest the prime decision for many clubs to move was geographical.
St Andrews have gone out on a limb here.
Staying in the new Tayside dominated superleague for one season would have given them a real low cost season.
Probably would then slip into north region eos tier 7 if that is what evolves.
Think they are gambling on making top 16 which is a big ask.
Tayport took the other view.
Carrot of the big Scottish for super winner also helps.

13 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The St Andrews decision is a difficult one.
Let's be honest the prime decision for many clubs to move was geographical.
St Andrews have gone out on a limb here.
Staying in the new Tayside dominated superleague for one season would have given them a real low cost season.
Probably would then slip into north region eos tier 7 if that is what evolves.
Think they are gambling on making top 16 which is a big ask.
Tayport took the other view.
Carrot of the big Scottish for super winner also helps.

Agreed 

6 hours ago, Truthteller said:

They were in, then they were out. That's all.

EGM @ Musselburgh tonight according to Twitter?

Despite the on pitch success things appear (from the outside) to be looking less than rosy at Musselburgh, manager leaving, players leaving in their droves and rumours of money troubles.

2 hours ago, Truthteller said:

So they changed their mind ?

Yes or no will be sufficient:thumsup2

Try reading:

16 hours ago, GordonS said:

Who changed their mind, other than from wanting to stay Junior to wanting to leave?