Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Theo Walcott, I remember when Sven picked him for the England World Cup squad when he was about 12 or something and he had never even been capped and Mike Parry defending the decision described him as being "the Great White Hope of English Football", without ever actually seeing him!!!

Mind you I also remember him saying that after Rooney's first cap for England that "he is a better player than Pele was at the same age"!!!

Mike Parry, whatever happened to him???

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

What a terrible game of football this has been. Everton have been absolutely rotten as well. Sam needs to go at the end of the season, he doesn't know how to win games.

Compare Everton's league position now, 9th  to when Koeman was sacked. He would relegated Everton if he'd stayed.

Koeman signed diddies like Klaassen, Vlasic and Ramirez. Over £50 million was spunked on Sigurdsson. Rooney and Martina been poor value even free transfers.

Allardyce has done exactly the job that he was hired to do. Even if he goes in the summer, his successor will still have clear out Koeman's crap. 

Have to assume Kompany will be gone from City in the Summer, hes absolutely dire these days

Just now, jamamafegan said:

emoji23.png

I stand by it, hes a complete liability at the highest level for them. One headed goal doesn't change that.

38 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Compare Everton's league position now, 9th  to when Koeman was sacked. He would relegated Everton if he'd stayed.

Koeman signed diddies like Klaassen, Vlasic and Ramirez. Over £50 million was spunked on Sigurdsson. Rooney and Martina been poor value even free transfers.

Allardyce has done exactly the job that he was hired to do. Even if he goes in the summer, his successor will still have clear out Koeman's crap. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Steve Walsh has to take a large portion of the blame for this season's fiasco. He failed to get key targets such as a striker and left-sided centre back, and he pissed away a lot of money instead of bargaining with less affluent clubs like Sunderland and Swansea. Koeman's tactics, however poor, can somewhat be apportioned to having a hand tied behind his back thanks to Walsh. 

this is old news, and i am clearly very slow on the uptake, but i've only just noticed this fucking abomination:

Everything's going digital these days... even the flags.

Manchester City have now announced plans to replace fan’s long-standing flags with electronic displays as the Etihad Stadium gets a digital makeover.

The club today revealed it has installed LED screens around the second tier of the stadium for the start of the new Premier League season.

The middle section of the ground is regularly decorated with flags made by fans paying homage to Blues players past and present.

Though as a result of the new screens, the club say it will no longer be possible for fans on that level to hang flags from the stand.

However in a bid to fend off a potential fan revolt, bosses say plans are in place to produce digital versions of the flags to be displayed around the ground.

Digital-Flags.jpg

....if ever i needed any justification for having nothing to do with top flight football and having just spent an afternoon in the world's most appalling uncovered seating, watching the shittest of shit third division 0-0 draws in the freezing cold, in the arse end of nowhere otherwise known as the medway towns which make alleppo look like an extraordinary architectural splendour - digital flags, digital fucking flags !

Archived