C**** on a Train

Currently on the LNER 0752 from Aberdeen to Edinburgh. Thought I'd plonk myself in the quiet coach for a bit of peace. Cue 4 women getting on at Stonehaven proceeding to have the loudest conversation about how their daughters have just started uni. They've booked seats in the quiet coach as well. If you want to talk inane drivel then f**k off to another coach. c***s.

Oh there's no chance of that. They're all posh Edinburgh ya ya ya types. Which makes it 1,000 times worse. It's daughter oneupmanship at its worst. I'd actually swap them for a few squawking hen party right now. Why would you book seats in the quiet coach to yap inane drivel. Don't even have headphones to drown them out.

54 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Currently on the LNER 0752 from Aberdeen to Edinburgh. Thought I'd plonk myself in the quiet coach for a bit of peace. Cue 4 women getting on at Stonehaven proceeding to have the loudest conversation about how their daughters have just started uni. They've booked seats in the quiet coach as well. If you want to talk inane drivel then f**k off to another coach. c***s.

How did they react to your advice?

On 9/29/2018 at 18:10, Black Dug said:

Bike wankers - it is not acceptable to barge your way past rush-hour commuters with your manky bike and take up valuable train space while you sweat and glower at anyone who come within a few feet of your shitey midlife crisis.

An ever-increasing breed, it seems.  I've never understood the rationale behind bringing a mode of transport onto another mode of transport, especially when you know the train's going to be rammed...it's like turning up on a flight to London and trying to bring your own microlight on the plane. Why not cycle in the whole way?

I get it when punters are taking bikes on the train to like Balloch or somewhere - go to the end of the line and strike out into the countryside, but these ones are clearly going to work. I suspect at least some of them get the train in and cycle the last 300 yards into work to look like they're doing their bit for the environment.

Edited by Hillonearth

Well done 10men, sorting that out.

i travel a lot on public transport and advise others: take a book or other reading material for avoidance of conversation attempts, earphones attached to a loud music source to manage 10men's situation, and a noseclip (optional.)

2 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

An ever-increasing breed, it seems.  I've never understood the rationale behind bringing a mode of transport onto another mode of transport, especially when you know the train's going to be rammed...it's like turning up on a flight to London and trying to bring your own microlight on the plane. Why not cycle in the whole way?

I get it when punters are taking bikes on the train to like Balloch or somewhere - go to the end of the line and strike out into the countryside, but these ones are clearly going to work. I suspect at least some of them get the train in and cycle the last 300 yards into work to look like they're doing their bit for the environment.

I commute for 80 miles, cycling 3 miles at one end and one at the other. For Uber w****r points, my bike folds in half and fits on the racks. I am so, so very sorry if this hurts your delicate feelings. 

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I commute for 80 miles, cycling 3 miles at one end and one at the other. For Uber w****r points, my bike folds in half and fits on the racks. I am so, so very sorry if this hurts your delicate feelings. 

What a c**t!

3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:
3 hours ago, Bold Rover said:
How did they react to your advice?

They've realised the error of their ways between Arbroath and Dundee and there is now blissful silence.

Maybe they're just in a state of shock after seeing what Arbroath is like.

Nah, you're saved from the coming reckoning by fact of your bike being able to fit on the rack*

*unless you don't use the rack...then you're in the sea with the other bike wankers

9 hours ago, coprolite said:

I had no idea we had an ice road trucker in our midst. For what it's worth I'm specifically talking about my commute which is about six or seven miles through suburbs and town centre...and probably would be quicker cycling the whole way.

This morning the woman in front of me to get off the train was clearly in a hurry as she was hammering the door open button from the moment the train stopped - she then proceeded to hit the close button as she alighted.

We all then pointed and laughed at her in the platform queue for a ticket as we sauntered through the gates - karma is a bitch. Especially as she'd got on at the same station as me and that had a working ticket machine this morning.

Yesterday my carriage was treated to the spectacle of a guy air drumming to whatever was on his headphones all the way into town.

I initially assumed what he was listening to was in a metal idiom - there certainly seemed to be a lot of double bass drum work involved - but my suspicions were confirmed when he broke into a silent blastbeat which in the absence of sound looked like a cross between some sort of seizure and Kermit Frog introducing somebody onto the Muppet Show.

20 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Yesterday my carriage was treated to the spectacle of a guy air drumming to whatever was on his headphones all the way into town.

I initially assumed what he was listening to was in a metal idiom - there certainly seemed to be a lot of double bass drum work involved - but my suspicions were confirmed when he broke into a silent blastbeat which in the absence of sound looked like a cross between some sort of seizure and Kermit Frog introducing somebody onto the Muppet Show.

BronzeUnevenArcticseal-max-1mb.gif