The Celtic All Seasons thread

44 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Biton has his faults but is still a handy player, especially for Europe. Its evident that him and Brown cant play in the same midfield as it slows down the attack but both on their own are fine.

Yes, but I still rate Brown ahead of Bitton at Central Midfield, even if Brown has fallen behind Rogic, Ntcham, and McGregor thus far in terms of form this year (IMHO).  

Yes, but I still rate Brown ahead of Bitton at Central Midfield, even if Brown has fallen behind Rogic, Ntcham, and McGregor thus far in terms of form this year (IMHO).  

Agreed. Its been evident in the past as well when Browns injured the effort and tempo of others seem to drop off. Tierney seems the type who will take over that responsibility though.

Patrick Roberts is due in Glasgow for a medical today before finally sealing his return to Celtic on what is expected to be a one-year loan deal.

The Parkhead club are due to pay a whopping seven-figure loan fee for the player as well as a chunk of his wages

A terrifying signing, especially when you consider Dembeles still to come in too. Another invincible season seems inevitable unless you get complacent in games after European ties.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A terrifying signing, especially when you consider Dembeles still to come in too. Another invincible season seems inevitable unless you get complacent in games after European ties.

I don't see us going undefeated domestically this season but Roberts being on board certainly improves the chances of that happening.

I can't see Celtic going unbeaten again this season, but then again they dropped points on Saturday and had 30 shots on goal. How many games are they going to have 30 shots and only score once.  Roberts is comfortably the best player in the league when he is firing, closely followed by Sinclair. Worrying time for the rest of the leagues defences. 

2 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

I don't see us going undefeated domestically this season but Roberts being on board certainly improves the chances of that happening.

Agreed, if there is one domestic fixture that looks to be the first potential domestic banana skin it's Aberdeen away on Oct 25th.  It's right in the middle of a lot of games and Aberdeen, the second best team in Scotland, will probably be better rested.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Good points mate. Another unbeaten season is inevitable.

I can see a 10-0 win happening for Celtic this season too. 

Not sure if either of these things are positive mind you ? Maybe our league getting a wee bit too uncompetitive? 

I don't know how it can change though and neither does anyone else mind you.