The Celtic All Seasons thread

19 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Thoughts? I thought it was Simunovic that you'd have preferred to have sold?

Must mean a new centre-half in as well? Unless that is Ajer's full-time position?

We've already bought a new Centre half, Germany international Marvin Compper from Red Bull Leipzig....

There’s no way Southampton will sign sviatchenko, if he goes south he’ll end up in championship at best. Rumours of Copenhagen takin him for 1.2m a few weeks ago.

Still leaves us with Jozo, Boyata, Compper and Ajer so would be surprised if we went for anyone in that position.

24 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Still leaves us with Jozo, Boyata, Compper and Ajer so would be surprised if we went for anyone in that position.

Yeah, that's what I thought. You think it's a little short or not?

Just wondering if Ajer will end up at CB or more of a defensive midfielder.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

There’s no way Southampton will sign sviatchenko, if he goes south he’ll end up in championship at best. Rumours of Copenhagen takin him for 1.2m a few weeks ago.

Lustig and Bitton can also play CB so there is plenty of depth there.  With Ajer playing his way into the first team at that position I could see a first choice pairing of Ajer and Compper with Jozo and Boyata as backups for the rest of the season which I would be comfortable with.  Sviatchenko is sure to go, and Championship level is probably about right.  

56 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Just wondering if Ajer will end up at CB or more of a defensive midfielder.

I think he'll be a CB.  Brendan saw more potential in him at that position and his training and playing time since joining Celtic (plus Kilmarnock on loan) has been at CB so it's clear that's where Brendan sees him.  We don't really play with deep lying DM's, relying on Broony to be a ball winning CM.  

12 hours ago, cfcreececfc10 said:

Sviatchenko back to Midgytland tomorrow. Sad to see him go, always thought he gave his all. Not any worse than Boyata has been this season.

It is a bit of a shame as he hasnt done a great deal wrong. Hes your old school hoofball defender though so doesnt fit in Rodgers plans.

I see its a loan, not a bad idea I suppose as if he can get a game at the world cup his value could increase in the summer.

16 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Rodwell is fucking shite. He is also on around £60,000 a week which made me laugh. Chris Millar taught him a lesson at the start of this season, ran rings around the useless b*****d.

If the Sunderland Echo is referring to him as a flop, and their team is Sunderland then you know he's terrible.