The Celtic All Seasons thread

10 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

If there's no advantage then why doesn't it change every other year? On the pitch there may not be a tangible advantage outwith the typical advantage of being at home, but it's typically a feel good time of year where people are spending more money and enjoying the festivities. Surely it's just fairer that our fans aren't having to be the ones travelling away every post-Xmas fixture.

I couldn’t say why, I just don’t subscribe to the idea that there is any disadvantage to it. Why are Celtic more disadvantaged playing away from home after Christmas than playing away from home before Christmas?

As for the fans, I’m not sure I get your point. There will be less fans travelling to an away game than a home game, so surely less are inconvenienced?

Just now, AJF said:

I couldn’t say why, I just don’t subscribe to the idea that there is any disadvantage to it. Why are Celtic more disadvantaged playing away from home after Christmas than playing away from home before Christmas?

As for the fans, I’m not sure I get your point. There will be less fans travelling to an away game than a home game, so surely less are inconvenienced?

Ofc you don’t get the point, you are never away after Xmas.🎅 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

December is a always a busy month of fixtures, so the home advantage is definitely a benefit at the tail end of a run of matches, imo anyway.

Yes less are inconvenienced as less go to an away game, but surely every club's supporters should get the chance to see their team at home close to Christmas, every other season? Seems like it would be the fairest way to split it to me.

• The widespread and unsafe use of pyrotechnics in Feyenoord on 19 September
  • Rushing turnstiles and forcing open fire exits at Fir Park, Motherwell, on 30 September
  • Illegally gained access to Celtic Park in advance of the match against Lazio on 4 October to bring in an unauthorised banner
  • Violent and intimidating behaviour towards stewards at Easter Road, Edinburgh, on 28 October.

so the scumbags actually broke into parkhead 

Looking at this objectively, I think both parties are “in the wrong”, so to speak. The board are disconnected from the fans and have done little to improve that relationship recently.

But…

The Green Brigade were morons over the Hamas attacks. There was no need for that banner, it was ill-thought out, and it appeared to revel in the murder of innocent civilians. Not acceptable, regardless of your opinion on the conflict. I’m very much in Palestine’s corner with regards to illegal settlements and Israel’s treatment of the Palestinian people, but that doesn’t make murder acceptable. The banner was way out of line.

I supported the waving of the flags against Madrid. I think what Israel is doing in response is wrong and breaking every rule in the book when it comes to war. But this was the game to make a point in, not the Kilmarnock one and much of the damage was already done.

I think the constant use of pyro is a joke. Some displays can be nice to look at but in most cases they’re pissing money down the drain by doing it, just to say “get it up ye!” to the club and act rebellious.

And finally the behaviour of certain fans around the turnstiles and fire exits is just neddy. Behave like that and what do you expect? I can’t say I’m certain it was the Green Brigade responsible. I’d expect it from the likes of the Bhoys, who I personally despise and who aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed. But forcing open fire doors to let people in is quite pathetic.

I like a lot of what they bring atmosphere-wise, but I think there’s just massive amounts of immaturity there that I can’t help but roll my eyes at.

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

The tories running our club make me sick. 
A quick change from being banned from only away games to now home games aswell with the only action in between that being the Palestine flags so quite obvious what the issue the board have with them is now. 

They cited unsafe behaviour at Easter Road including intimidation of stewards, is that the away game at Easter Road that they were banned from? 

Act like scumbags and get treated accordingly. The HB have got away with too much for too long. You can be an ultra group and add atmosphere to your clubs games without being wee fannies about it.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Ofc you don’t get the point, you are never away after Xmas.🎅 

That’s kind of my point though, what’s the difference between Rangers fans going to an away fixture on Christmas Eve compared to Celtic fans going to an away fixture on Boxing Day?

Spoiler

I honestly think that Celtic fans have (not all to be fair but some) both in and out of the GB began to believe they are more important than they actually are.

The consistent success Celtic have had over the last 10-15 years has led to Celtic fans of today basically turning into the Rangers fans of 94/2012 thinking that their teams success in some ways makes them above the law or other supporters.

I’ve put my comments in spoilers as I know some Celtic fans think it’s just trolling and this way you can read them if you choose to.