The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Can’t wait for the apologies to start coming through from the Celtic fans to my good self. Even your own club are investigating shows of support for terrorist groups.

IMG_9764.jpeg

Don't recall them doing anything about the songs in support of an Irish terrorist group. They were probably singing along with the alleged minority.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Can’t wait for the apologies to start coming through from the Celtic fans to my good self. Even your own club are investigating shows of support for terrorist groups.

IMG_9764.jpeg

Apart fro the oct 7 banner what other banners and flags show support to a terrorist group? 

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

How can any Celtic fans who apparently cares about their club ( @Drew Brees ) read this and not be happy that their club is taking action.

How can they blame the GB for pyro in Rotterdam? I was there and didn’t see the gb, just groups of guys with flares. 

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Apart fro the oct 7 banner what other banners and flags show support to a terrorist group? 

According to multiple posts on Kerrydale street there have been PFLP flags displayed. 

I need to say I was pleasantly surprised to see how many Celtic fans on that forum shared almost the exact same sentiment as myself regarding the displays with multiple posts confirming it was clearly in support of Hamas. No attempt at deflection like some people on here just straight up condemnation of the green brigade.

ETA - For another source regarding different terrorist groups please see your own clubs official statement on the matter.

Edited by Sortmeout

10 hours ago, Molotov said:

Surely if the club are banning fans from waving Palestine flags then other supporters in different sections of the ground have received the same punishment. 
You can’t just blanket ban one area. 

Celtic PLC are a bunch of Tory fcukwits. 

@Sortmeout @Ewanandmoreagain

Why the adverse reactions to this post? 

My point remains - if the flag issue is causing such an uproar then surely other supporters captured on cctv in other parts of the stadium should receive the same treatment. I watched the game and prematch as the teams entered from the tunnel through the UEFA “tunnel” there were at least two large Palestine flags being waved. It was impossible for the broadcaster to ignore it. Are those ticket holders banned as well?

I don’t particularly like this “guilty by association” of banning a whole area for a list of reasons some of which may not be entirely true.

I’m referring specifically to non-flag waving incidents at Celtic Park, Fir Park and Easter Rd that is listed in the email. Why were those incidents not dealt with by the stewards, police backed up with CCTV evidence at the time? 

Down the decades we’ve seen all manner of OF supporters waving flags or banners from different countries. Some of those relate to current or past players - some of whom may come from countries with issues with internal politics that lead to death and violence. Are we to ban those too?

Flags flown globally to show “western government” support for Ukraine. Yet some fans who hold an alternative view to the Middle East 

Some of the other flags have had Northern Irish paramilitary connotations as you will be aware - yet the clubs, the police, the stewards, the SFA and the SPFL have done nothing. For decades and decades. Show racism the red card has been running for how long yet the big issue in Scottish football gets swept under the carpet. 

It’s sickening that sectarianism and bigotry blights our game but we all know why this is ignored. 

This banning issue will likely raise tensions further. It is giving the GB and others in the Celtic support the vhictim mentality that they crave. The publicity they will receive will only boost their cause and likely lead to further issues. Ultra mhartyrdom perhaps. 

I am certainly not “supporting” the GB over their behaviour down the years.

I just don’t agree a blanket ban on one part of the stadium when other fans who are still able to attend future games may be as much as fault as them. 

I don’t think that is fair. That was my point. Over to you two.

16 minutes ago, Molotov said:

My point remains - if the flag issue is causing such an uproar then surely other supporters captured on cctv in other parts of the stadium should receive the same treatment. I watched the game and prematch as the teams entered from the tunnel through the UEFA “tunnel” there were at least two large Palestine flags being waved. It was impossible for the broadcaster to ignore it. Are those ticket holders banned as well?

I don’t particularly like this “guilty by association” of banning a whole area for a list of reasons some of which may not be entirely true.

I’m referring specifically to non-flag waving incidents at Celtic Park, Fir Park and Easter Rd that is listed in the email. Why were those incidents not dealt with by the stewards, police backed up with CCTV evidence at the time? 

Down the decades we’ve seen all manner of OF supporters waving flags or banners from different countries. Some of those relate to current or past players - some of whom may come from countries with issues with internal politics that lead to death and violence. Are we to ban those too?

Flags flown globally to show “western government” support for Ukraine. Yet some fans who hold an alternative view to the Middle East 

Some of the other flags have had Northern Irish paramilitary connotations as you will be aware - yet the clubs, the police, the stewards, the SFA and the SPFL have done nothing. For decades and decades. Show racism the red card has been running for how long yet the big issue in Scottish football gets swept under the carpet. 

It’s sickening that sectarianism and bigotry blights our game but we all know why this is ignored. 

This banning issue will likely raise tensions further. It is giving the GB and others in the Celtic support the vhictim mentality that they crave. The publicity they will receive will only boost their cause and likely lead to further issues. Ultra mhartyrdom perhaps. 

I just don’t agree a blanket ban on one part of the stadium when other fans who are still able to attend future games may be as much as fault as them. 

You seem to be focusing purely on the flags and not on the other issues being caused by the GB. Your club has listed multiple reasons in the statement.

What else do you expect your club to do to combat this? 

To answer your question about the red dots you used some sort of “Tory idiots” as the reason for the board making this decision when it’s the fans who have caused this by their actions. If the Celtic board don’t act then A - UEFA will end up closing your stadium down for European games (the SFA/SPFL don’t have the balls for that) or b - there’s going to be a bad incident at one of your games and to be honest it’s probably only other Celtic fans who will suffer in this case. 

Maybe instead of going “Tory board bad” you should be praising them for trying to do something about this group or individuals within the group who are causing the club and other Celtic supporters problems.

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

You seem to be focusing purely on the flags and not on the other issues being caused by the GB. Your club has listed multiple reasons in the statement.

What else do you expect your club to do to combat this? 

To answer your question about the red dots you used some sort of “Tory idiots” as the reason for the board making this decision when it’s the fans who have caused this by their actions. If the Celtic board don’t act then A - UEFA will end up closing your stadium down for European games (the SFA/SPFL don’t have the balls for that) or b - there’s going to be a bad incident at one of your games and to be honest it’s probably only other Celtic fans who will suffer in this case. 

Maybe instead of going “Tory board bad” you should be praising them for trying to do something about this group or individuals within the group who are causing the club and other Celtic supporters problems.

Ffs. I’m clearly a St Mirren fan.

I did discuss the other issues and the actions the club and the authorities should have taken at the time of those incidents. 

If it was the Tory remark that has triggered you then I’m sorry. But that does not excuse your ignorance over what I wrote in both posts.

@HeartsOfficialMoaner

Apologies but that image was just to highlight that we all need to guard against such behaviour and I also harshly condemned the behaviour of Hibs fans recently at Ibrox.

We urgently need a campaign in Scotland dealing with sectarianism and bigotry. 

We have seen the positive difference in attitudes as a result of Show Racism the Red Card. 

We have come along way from when Mark Walters was treated when he played for Rangers at Tynecastle.

My own club have had numerous racial incidents before from ignorant people. Gullit, Cadette spring to mind.

These incidents seem to have been largely eradicated from our game. 

Let’s deal with the bigotry and sectarianism once and for all.

All I know is what Celtic supporting friends of mine have told me, independently of each other, as they know me, but don’t know each other. In slightly different ways, they said the same thing. At first, they liked the ‘Green Brigade’ corner area being designated a ‘singing zone’ so to speak. It added colour, noise, a focal point. The modern version of the old ‘jungle’. One of my friends who has a son, said his son, and his pal, both wanted to be in that corner because it was where all the atmosphere was.

Fast-forward to today, they’d both boot the ‘Green Brigade’ into the sun. They both used almost the same words - ‘they don’t speak for me, they don’t speak for the vast majority of fans. They’ve become jumped-up kunts with a hugely over-inflated sense of their own importance who seem to think they are the club.’ One of them used a lot of sweary words too.

My opinion is that if you gave 95% of them a map and a drawing pin, the kunts couldn’t find Palestine on it if you allowed them a year and the unlimited use of Google Earth.

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

@HeartsOfficialMoaner

Apologies but that image was just to highlight that we all need to guard against such behaviour and I also harshly condemned the behaviour of Hibs fans recently at Ibrox.

We urgently need a campaign in Scotland dealing with sectarianism and bigotry. 

We have seen the positive difference in attitudes as a result of Show Racism the Red Card. 

We have come along way from when Mark Walters was treated when he played for Rangers at Tynecastle.

My own club have had numerous racial incidents before from ignorant people. Gullit, Cadette spring to mind.

These incidents seem to have been largely eradicated from our game. 

Let’s deal with the bigotry and sectarianism once and for all.

I think we are stuck with it until The People are no longer interested in the marching season. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

I do not believe the ban is due to the Palestinian flags..

With regards to the non flag waving incidents it is said that the stewards are being intimidated and someone , somewhere on P&B said the police get attacked so they use CCTV to apprehend the culprits later.

Apparently the GB are unpopular with some other Celtic supporters which is unsurprising as they seem to think they are bigger than the club ?