Jump to content

The Celtic All Seasons thread


Recommended Posts

On 06/07/2024 at 10:05, kingjoey said:

For all the posters who get upset when people on here shorten their manager’s name, you’d better get in touch with the BBC about their Gossip column.

Sparta Prague goalkeeper Peter Vindahl Jensen remains top of Celticmanager Brenda Rodgers' shortlist despite reported interest in Lorientgoalkeeper Yvon Mvogo. (Scottish Sun)

Unnecessary abbreviation of Leyton orient too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like we're getting Kasper Schmeichel. Still no.1 for his country even at 37 and has alot of experience playing at high levels.

As long as there's another coming in with a view to that person becoming the new no.1. Can't be to unhappy with this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s at least 10 x better than Hart. Hart was pish. Celtic could play up here and win the league with an amateur goalie but they’ve signed a good one.

Hart was fine for us. He had a bit of shiter first half of the season for us but since the turn of the of year he barely put a foot wrong. This 10x nonsense doesn't really add up either given Schemicel left Man City because he couldn't get a game ahead of Hart iirc.

I would be very happy getting Schemicel however as I've always rated him. Was quite surprised to hear it though as not sure if it was Rodgers who dropped him at Leicester.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s at least 10 x better than Hart. Hart was pish. Celtic could play up here and win the league with an amateur goalie but they’ve signed a good one.

He’s won the Premier League and has over 70 caps for England. He’s clearly not pish or ten times lesser a keeper than Kasper ffs.

Many a keeper would kill to have a CV like Joe Harts so just calm down and behave yourself. 

On Schmeichel, good keeper and I think he will do well for us if we can get him in. Pulled off some great saves in the Euros, his age doesn’t worry however I would like to bring in a younger backup too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He’s won the Premier League and has over 70 caps for England. He’s clearly not pish or ten times lesser a keeper than Kasper ffs.

Many a keeper would kill to have a CV like Joe Harts so just calm down and behave yourself. 

On Schmeichel, good keeper and I think he will do well for us if we can get him in. Pulled off some great saves in the Euros, his age doesn’t worry however I would like to bring in a younger backup too

I could play in goal for you and you would still win the league.

Hart is pish. Hence why he played in Scotland at the end of his career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I could play in goal for you and you would still win the league.

Hart is pish. Hence why he played in Scotland at the end of his career.

Well you couldn’t otherwise you would be doing just that instead spending time being a gobshite on here.

Hence why he played in Scotland at the end of his career? Schmeichel is at the end of his career too and you just said he’s ten times better than Hart 😂

Eejit

 

Edited by Jinky67
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Well you couldn’t otherwise you would be doing just that instead spending time being a gobshite on here.

Hence why he played in Scotland at the end of his career? Schmeichel is at the end of his career too and you just said he’s ten times better than Hart 😂

Eejit

 

Good old Jinky. Resorting to insults. 

Just my opinion mate. No need to be nasty about it.

Thought you were better than that.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, gannonball said:

This 10x nonsense doesn't really add up either given Schemicel left Man City because he couldn't get a game ahead of Hart iirc.

That was 15 years ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Schmeichel will be much the same as Hart won't he?

Fine for domestic football but will struggle more with Europe, and won't actually move the needle for Celtic at all.

It feels a bit lazy to me but he'll leave you having won 3+ trophies so I doubt anyone will care.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think people are suggesting Hart’s career was pish. More that he was well past his best when he arrived at Celtic and was rather poor, in relative terms, while he was here.

Despite being older than Hart, I suspect Schmeichel will be an an upgrade.

Edited by AJF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Good old Jinky. Resorting to insults. 

Just my opinion mate. No need to be nasty about it.

Thought you were better than that.

Tad ironic considering you were insulting someone’s ability as a professional. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t think people are suggesting Hart’s career was pish. More that he was well past his best when he arrived at Celtic and was rather poor, in relative terms, while he was here.

Despite being older than Hart, I suspect Schmeichel will be an an upgrade.

People can say he was rather poor however Hart had some massive saves in the last half of last season that contributed significantly to us clawing back the deficit and winning the league.

All you need to do is look at how the fans regard him, the fans that see him week in and week out. Players who have been really poor don’t get that kind of send off from us.

He had some weaknesses which were evident but those were always there throughout his career however I agree Schmeichel if we get him is an upgrade based on current ability however it is a rather safe and somewhat lazy signing

Edited by Jinky67
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Schmeichel will be much the same as Hart won't he?

Fine for domestic football but will struggle more with Europe, and won't actually move the needle for Celtic at all.

It feels a bit lazy to me but he'll leave you having won 3+ trophies so I doubt anyone will care.

Celtic would win the league with a goalkeeper from a Sunday Amateur league in goals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

People can say he was rather poor however Hart had some massive saves in the last half of last season that contributed significantly to us clawing back the deficit and winning the league.

All you need to do is look at how the fans regard him, the fans that see him week in and week out. Players who have been really poor don’t get that kind of send off from us.

He had some weaknesses which were evident but those were always there throughout his career however I agree Schmeichel if we get him is an upgrade based on current ability however it is a rather safe and somewhat lazy signing

He was with you for 3 seasons though. He may have finished strongly, but on the whole I’d say he was a rather underwhelming signing for Celtic. He came in after a calamitous campaign with Barkas in goal, but when you think of keepers like Forster and even Boruc at Celtic, I don’t think Hart comes close.

He was obviously well regarded by the Celtic support, but how much of that was based on his ability rather than his character?

It’s certainly about opinions, but in the games I tended to see him in against us and particularly in Europe, he was shaky. I can think of about 4 incidents off the top of my head against us alone where he made a mistake that either led to a goal or a big opportunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s at least 10 x better than Hart. Hart was pish. Celtic could play up here and win the league with an amateur goalie but they’ve signed a good one.

No they couldn't and Bain and Barkas proved that 

Edited by Insaintee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...