A-League 2017/18

Eednud

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At last night’s Newcastle Knights v South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL game the sponsors logos and NRL logo were not painted on the pitch but superimposed. Also the Knights made the line markings lighter than usual so everything looks as good as possible for tonight’s Final. This almost certainly would not happen if the AFL had been involved.

Fucking suspect of a goal though, clearly a yard offside, replays back it up. victory lucky to keep the goal and change the dynamic of the game.

And O'Donovan what were you thinking?

The goal certainly was dodgy. Feel bad for Newcastle as they had a great 1st half and could have had a couple of goals.

It shows how unfair the Australian play off system is that a team that finishes 4th is the champions. It's the same across all Australian sports I guess.

1 hour ago, Papad said:

The goal certainly was dodgy. Feel bad for Newcastle as they had a great 1st half and could have had a couple of goals.

It shows how unfair the Australian play off system is that a team that finishes 4th is the champions. It's the same across all Australian sports I guess.

Think that's the first time a team so low has won the Final in the A-League. Happened in old NSL days when Adelaide City finished 5th and beat Melbourne Knights 1-0 in the Final at Olympic Park, Melbourne in 93/94. Mark Viduka was a Knights player then. 2 seasons earlier City finished 4th and beat the Knights 4-2 on penalties after 0-0 in the Final, also at Olympic Park. Knights had some revenge in 94/5 winning the Final 2-0 at Hindmarsh, City had finished 2nd in the league. The Adelaide City team of that era was at times one of the best I've seen in Australia. Coached by ex player Zoran Matic from 1986-1995. 

Archived