A-League 2017/18

Eednud

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ABC reporting that he’s staying with the club but moving into a position at the Glory Academy.
Yea it was confirmed in the members email. Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand he gave youth players like Italino a run in the first team. But dropped them as soon as his favoured older players were match fit

That was some goal but I wouldn't call it a scorpion kick. 

I've got the Sydney v Melbourne game on in the background. Have heard faint renditions of Oh When the Saints being sung by fans. Can't really make it out but am guessing it's Oh When the Syds. Would that be it?

13 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

5 goals.

Extra time

Assistant manager sent off.

Goalkeeper coach sent off also

Player greeting who scored.

Terry Antonis, scored the own goal in 94th minute that levelled the game, then scored the winner. He used to play for Sydney. Just hope the Jets are on form next week and win the Final. Jets coach Ernie Merrick was MelV coach when they won the Final in 06/07 and 08/09. He's was born in Edinburgh.

Top six things from this weekend's finals

1. McGree's goal
  2. Uncle Ernie's (non) reaction to the McGree goal
  3. Scott Jamieson claiming "we were brilliant" after spending 90 minutes being schooled by Jason Hoffman
  4. Scenes when Antonis scored the winner
  5. Jean-Paul De Marigny. Who among us has never wanted to run on to the field and skelp David Carney's lug?
  6. Foxsports post-game show being trolled by the Melbourne fans

Melbourne bandwagon is gearing up and will roll over the Jets. C'mon the Vuck.

So, Perth Glory while the bulk of our squad has signed on (including Lowly, Grant, Chianese and Kilkenny which I'm happy about) we are currently manageress and 3 days after announcing that Lowe has been relieved of his position our CEO leaves for the VFA.

And today Brisbane announced it had signed Adam Taggert on a free from us, our best striker of last season despite being injured for half the season. Don't really blame him for being jaded, Tony Sage needs to f**k off from the club. But sages statement about Taggerts leaving is well comical

3 hours ago, Papad said:

What is the deal with Perth? They've been a basket case since I've been following the league (10 years).

Yet they were the leading club in the old NSL days, leading the way on and off the pitch. Just don’t seem to have been able to compete when similar franchise clubs came on the scene with the founding of the A League.

What is the deal with Perth? They've been a basket case since I've been following the league (10 years).
Part the owners fault for not investing and happy just owning the club. Part due to not rebranding from the NSL identity like the rest of the A-league. And part culture, there's strong rumours that the culture is unprofessional, players being allowed to rock up two weeks before season starts with no pre season, players spotted in night clubs every weekend.

In all honesty, the chairman needs to go and the club needs overhauled from top to bottom, there has been investors interested but Sage won't sell if the new investors want to change the teams identity and he wants to keep 20% of the club.

Perth and football don't really sit well together.

They don't, it's a AFL town, Glory don't even get a mention in the sports section of the local news and if they do it's a passing comment.

Afl has such a stranglehold on the media here that Glory just don't get a look in, couple that with the A-leagues pathetic advertising campaign last season it's a miracle we broke 9000 members. Honestly think it's just expats propping up the club

Archived