Dodgy transfer dealings

kenny131

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From my poor understanding of the way these fees are calculated and the rumour circulating the terraces about how munched we offered. I'd say it was a fair deal. 
Did Ladeside pay Stranraer £6k when they signed Forde originally?

Does anybody in world football at any level command the exact same fee throughout their career? I don't think we'd have paid £6k or anything like it. And personally I don't think Forde is a £6k player. But I also don't think my club are in the wrong, if a fee is due then we have every right to fight to get it. Not sure on the rules of development fees etc but I've never heard of it between junior clubs.

Just now, southsidebrazilians said:

Yeah but when you have players playing 90 minutes then having to travel home unshowered is not good. But then that shows your class 

1 minute ago, southsidebrazilians said:

Yeah but when you have players playing 90 minutes then having to travel home unshowered is not good. But then that shows your class 

I would rather go home stinking than get my willie eaten off by the bacteria in the Pollok public bogs.

Think you will find they got a shower but due to unforeseen circumstances the boiler wasn't working so the water was cold . But let's not let a bit of mudslinging get in the way of the truth . And as has been stated your club is hardly in any position to slander any club over their facilities ya buffoon

As I've already stated I don't think a fee is due according to the rules. However if the tribunal decides Pollok have to pay a fee, what happens if Pollok decide they don't want to pay it. Is Forde then left without a club for the rest of the season because nobody else wants to pay a ridiculous fee for a player who isn't even under contract?

As I've already stated I don't think a fee is due according to the rules. However if the tribunal decides Pollok have to pay a fee, what happens if Pollok decide they don't want to pay it. Is Forde then left without a club for the rest of the season because nobody else wants to pay a ridiculous fee for a player who isn't even under contract?

That sir is the million dollar question & tbh I don't think anyone knows what will happen if that outcome arises . Don't think it will but you never know

And that is the reason I think it is a joke to be asking for a development fee. In the end a young player could end up not being able to play because the club who he honoured his contract with (and kept them in the league 2 out of 3 seasons) is essentially holding him to ransom.

And that is the reason I think it is a joke to be asking for a development fee. In the end a young player could end up not being able to play because the club who he honoured his contract with (and kept them in the league 2 out of 3 seasons) is essentially holding him to ransom.

Well until they change the rules the club are more than entitled to ask for a fee . He was paid handsomely by the club & supported during times when he was injured & out of form . But no one cares to mention that part

47 minutes ago, KT91 said:

I think you'll find that if Pollok don't pay it the sanctions will be against them as a club, and Forde will still be able to play for them.

Just now, fan of the juniors said:

Well until they change the rules the club are more than entitled to ask for a fee . He was paid handsomely by the club & supported during times when he was injured & out of form . But no one cares to mention that part

Nail on the head.

15 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Did I not read somewhere on here recently that his wages were paid by a sponsor?

The point I was getting at was that he signed a contract, fulfilled that contract and therefore should be allowed to leave at the end of the contract.

1 minute ago, The chassis said:

Well if the bought him for 500 quid and developed him into the leagues too goal scorer last year then surely they are entitled to claim for a development fee

They never bought him for anything, they paid Stranraer a development fee because his contract had ended with Stranraer and Stranraer are a Category 3 club.

The season before he signed for Kilbirnie, he went there on loan and scored a fair amount of goals in the few months he was there (think he also won Kilbirnie's POTY award even though he was only there about 4 months). Can hardly say he was developed into the leagues top goalscorer by Kilbirnie. 

Did I not read somewhere on here recently that his wages were paid by a sponsor?
The point I was getting at was that he signed a contract, fulfilled that contract and therefore should be allowed to leave at the end of the contract.

Only last season & only until Swift left & it was only some of the wage . The club were paying his wage the rest of the time

First I've heard you admit to paying players never mind paying the handsomely FoJ [emoji12]

Pretty sure I said we paid players in another thread . The one that you stated that we would be in the bottom league within 2 years [emoji106][emoji106][emoji23][emoji23][emoji12][emoji12]

A lot of players at a lot of clubs are paid by sponsors. Gate money is a very small percentage of a clubs income.

Pollok's argument is that Forde was not a regular with Kilbirnie lol..as if the league's top scorer was only a bit part player.

Forde knew there would be issues with his transfer , Pollok were well aware that a development fee would be persued. 

Archived