Squad for Lithuania and Malta

Gordopolis

I was curious so looked at the results over his reign to see if that was indeed the highlight.  It was.  You could maybe say the Spain game where we pushed them close at Hampden was one, but given we got beat anyway that would be generous.
So yeah.  A 97th minute winner against Liechtenstein was the highlight of Craig Levein's reign.  Jesus wept.
3 March 2010 Hampden ParkGlasgow (H) 23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png Czech Republic 1–0 Friendly Scott Brown 26,530 [3]
11 August 2010 Rasunda StadionSolna (A) 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 0–3 Friendly   25,249 [3]
3 September 2010 Darius and Girėnas StadiumKaunas (A) 23px-Flag_of_Lithuania.svg.png Lithuania 0–0 Euro 2012 qualifying   6,539 [3]
7 September 2010 Hampden ParkGlasgow (H) 23px-Flag_of_Liechtenstein.svg.png Liechtenstein 2–1 Euro 2012 qualifying Kenny MillerStephen McManus 37,050 [3]
8 October 2010 Synot Tip ArenaPrague (A) 23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png Czech Republic 0–1 Euro 2012 qualifying   16,800 [3]
12 October 2010 Hampden ParkGlasgow (H) 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Spain 2–3 Euro 2012 qualifying Steven NaismithOwn goal 51,322 [3]
16 November 2010 Pittodrie StadiumAberdeen (H) 21px-Flag_of_the_Faroe_Islands.svg.png Faroe Islands 3–0 Friendly Danny WilsonKris CommonsJamie Mackie 10,873 [3]
9 February 2011 Aviva StadiumDublin (N) 23px-Flag_of_Northern_Ireland.svg.png Northern Ireland 3–0 Nations Cup Kenny MillerJames McArthurKris Commons 18,742 [4]
27 March 2011 Emirates Stadium, London (N) 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil 0–2 Friendly   53,087 [4]
25 May 2011 Aviva StadiumDublin (N) 23px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png Wales 3–1 Nations Cup James MorrisonKenny MillerChristophe Berra 3,951 [4]
29 May 2011 Aviva StadiumDublin (A) 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Republic of Ireland 0–1 Nations Cup   17,694 [4]
10 August 2011 Hampden ParkGlasgow (H) 20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png Denmark 2–1 Friendly Own goalRobert Snodgrass 17,582 [4]
3 September 2011 Hampden ParkGlasgow (H) 23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png Czech Republic 2–2 Euro 2012 qualifying Kenny MillerDarren Fletcher 51,457 [4]
6 September 2011 Hampden ParkGlasgow (H) 23px-Flag_of_Lithuania.svg.png Lithuania 1–0 Euro 2012 qualifying Steven Naismith 34,071 [4]
8 October 2011 Rheinpark StadionVaduz (A) 23px-Flag_of_Liechtenstein.svg.png Liechtenstein 1–0 Euro 2012 qualifying Craig Mackail-Smith 5,636 [4]
11 October 2011 Estadio José Rico PérezAlicante (A) 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Spain 1–3 Euro 2012 qualifying David Goodwillie 24,896 [4]
11 November 2011 Antonis Papadopoulos StadiumLarnaca (A) 23px-Flag_of_Cyprus.svg.png Cyprus 2–1 Friendly Kenny MillerJamie Mackie 1,360 [4]
29 February 2012 Bonifika StadiumKoper (A) 23px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png Slovenia 1–1 Friendly Christophe Berra 3,983 [5]
26 May 2012 EverBank FieldJacksonville (A) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States 1–5 Friendly Own goal 44,438 [5]
15 August 2012 Easter RoadEdinburgh (H) 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png Australia 3–1 Friendly Jordan RhodesOwn goalRoss McCormack 11,110 [5]
8 September 2012 Hampden ParkGlasgow (H) 23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Serbia 0–0 World Cup qualification   47,369 [5]
11 September 2012 Hampden ParkGlasgow (H) 23px-Flag_of_Macedonia.svg.png Macedonia 1–1 World Cup qualification Kenny Miller 32,430 [5]
12 October 2012 Cardiff City StadiumCardiff (A) 23px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png Wales 1–2 World Cup qualification James Morrison 23,249 [5]
16 October 2012 Stade Roi BaudouinBrussels (A) 23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Belgium 0–2 World Cup qualification   44,132 [5]

One of the worst games I've been to was I think against Macedonia under Levein at hampden and there was massive wholes in the middle of the park we were all over the place . Think we got away with a 1-1 draw in end

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strachan likes being the comic (or at least try to) during meetings with the media, this must win question gives him the perfect opportunity. He's right, statistically it's not a "must-win". He knows himself it's a must win though and so do the players, as a previous post just mentioned, McGhee gave the answer everyone already knew and wanted anyway in that we need to win our remaining 4 games. Wish people would stop reading too much into Strachan's comments all the time.

Anyway, onto the game and I expect it to be a very nervy affair but we should have enough in attack to score a couple of goals, it's in defence where the worry always is for me. Going to be optimistic though and go for 2-1 Scotland!

Serbia 0-0 was my first weekend back at Uni for 2nd year. Beyond brutal but Macedonia a few days later was far worse. Played quite well in Wales IMO but Bale killed us all by himself.

That 0-0 Serbia game was worse than joyless. Forgot just how terrible a start we had to that campaign.

To think that if Fletcher's headed goal in Wales had stood (wrongly ruled out for offside or out of play iirc) we would have gone 2-0 up, might have got something out of that game and levein would have been leading us even longer.

Still, as shit as Levein was, Burley was worse.

Guest DAVIDB69

Montenegro winning easy here but as Kazakhstan are the bottom placed team this win won't take Montenegro off the worst second placer position at the moment

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Gordon.

Tierney rb as expected, Robertson lb, mulgrew and berra.

MacArthur, brown, Armstrong.

Phillips, Forrest both wide

Thumb.

Can't argue with that selection tbh. 

I'm not angry at a Scotland line-up. Crazy days.

ETA: Bannan and Ritchie could feel hard done by not playing given their form, but it's clear that Strachan wants to implement the Celtic form onto the national team. Phillips and Forrest also give us pace up there with Brown and McArthur providing the protection for the back 4. Can see Armstrong dropping a bit deeper tonight, as Brown and McArthur aren't renowned for their creativity.

Curious to see how Phillips does, so many were wanting him to start. Even though I do keep up with the highlights from down south can't ever really recall seeing him doing anything of note aside from an absolute screamer at Crystal Palace I think.

Is Russell Martin injured? Would've played him ahead of Berra but he's not in the squad at all. Would be odd to put Hanley on the bench ahead of him if he's fit.

I wouldn't have played Forrest but that apart, fair's fair. Nice to see Phillips given a shot - he better take it now!

DIp72dCXkAAtxiI.jpg

Don't mind that, to be honest. Probably would have had Fraser on there, but happy that Phillips is starting. 

Four left footed defenders is interesting. Otherwise, I'm okay with that.

Not a betting man, but 1-90 Lithuania seems a good bet.

Archived