Suttonwatch 17-18

Similar to the Tannerwatch thread but for BT Sports' Coverage of Scottish Football. Which with the exception of @bennett we all prefer to Sky Sports.

What has everyone made of Rory Hamilton taking the reigns from (Sir) Derek Rae?

Personally, I think he's obviously a step-down from Rae but is still much better than what pish Sky have with Crocker.

6 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Similar to the Tannerwatch thread but for BT Sports' Coverage of Scottish Football. Which with the exception of @bennett we all prefer to Sky Sports.

What has everyone made of Rory Hamilton taking the reigns from (Sir) Derek Rae?

Personally, I think he's obviously a step-down from Rae but is still much better than what pish Sky have with Crocker.

This c**nts joined too 

IMG_0701.GIF.64630fbcfe60fb437ae7b06f1a9a97b7.GIF

Sometimes Sutton, Craigan and Stewart all shouting over the top of each other gets annoying very quickly but it's still miles ahead of Sky's coverage and to be fair to them they need to do something since they're on air for quite a while pre- and post- match unlike Sky's token 5-10 minutes.

My fears from last season are beginning to materialise. BT are not so slowly morphing into Sky Old Firm.

Their coverage has generally been as it should, more or less as a neutral observer showing Scottish football. However their cover started to slip a but when they brought in extra bigot co-commentators when one of them was playing. It then got bottomed out, for Saints anyway, when a game against Rangers Int at McDiarmid had Butcher added as the extra bigot commentator and the panel consisted purely of Rangers Int guys. There was no Saints or neutral element at all. 

This season already the mask has slipped quite a bit. Darrell Currie's hilarious little promo for the new season has him only mentioning two teams, Celtic and who could challenge them, unsurprisingly that might be Rangers Int. Their first tranche of league games has only 2 not featuring a bigot team, almost all away of course.

Their website right now is -
59889a4d344a8_BTpage.jpg.e5087039a22dbfe225aa0e8e2a6c59df.jpg

And now they bring in the disgraced bigot McCoist.

I firmly believe if they see off Sky and get sole Scottish coverage then you wont be able to tell the difference apart from the logo.

Archived