TheTwoPointOne - new Scottish football site!

Hi guys! Spoke to the P&B Twitter account by DM, who told me I could start a thread on this subject.

So we've started a new Scottish football site called TheTwoPointOne. We launched last week and the response since has been fantastic. We are a subscription site that focuses on video content, data pieces, support culture content and analysis. Over the past week we've done a mini-doc on Aberdeen's efforts to leave Pittodrie, a feature piece on the future of Hampden, a look at how much each Scottish Premiership team spent per point last season and loads more. I've attached some of the art work we have produced. We have a lot planned for the future as well.

But because we don't have any adverts on our site (aren't you a bit tired of having to complete a survey before reading an article?) we rely on subscribers. Subscriptions start at just £4.17 a month (that works out at about 7p per article). 

Any help would be appreciated in keeping us going. Please take a look at our subscription plans here: https://www.thetwopointone.com/why-should-you-subscribe-to-thetwopointone/

And please us know what you think of our stuff and where we can improve. Always looking to get better and better.

Caixinha solo twitter hi res TTPO 1.jpg

the two point one idea 2 youtube.jpg

TTPO 1 Ian Cathro_new.png

TTPO 2 Hampden.png

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First huge image promoting it...Rangers Int manager, I think. Masthead background...Rangers Int. First article...discussing whether Rangers Int should sign an Aberdeen or a Hearts player.

f**k it.

58 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

First huge image promoting it...Rangers Int manager, I think. Masthead background...Rangers Int. First article...discussing whether Rangers Int should sign an Aberdeen or a Hearts player.

f**k it.

Good evening! 1) Are you really pulling us up over the order in which I uploaded those four images? Only one was Rangers related. 2) Our masthead image is of Ali Crawford. 3) And our first article was about Ian Cathro. And if you mean our current top story, it's about Ali Crawford. 

29 minutes ago, Albionies said:

Yes, we launched the Kickstarter for Scope before launching TheTwoPointOne. Everything is explained here: https://www.thetwopointone.com/faqs/. Please take some time to read it.

You have to pay to read the FAQs from that link. :unsure2:

On that basis I'm out.

https://www.thetwopointone.com/ian-cathro-discussion-is-wrong/

Alan Archibald was already player/coach before McNamara left Thistle

Martin Canning was also playing and coaching with the u17s then to u20s nearly three years before he took the job.

Neil Lennon was first team coach, then reserve coach before taking the Celtic Job.

No disrespect, but how about not sounding like you're some new and innovative website when there is still arguably just as good, if not better content out there for free?

I read an article before the paywall went up on Michael O'Halloran. It spoke about the impact he has in different areas and his impact on the team but I'm guessing Transfermarkt was used as one of the sources as there was a significant bit about him playing on the left wing in a game against Dundee. He played on the right that day and indeed created our goal from there. It's maybe not a huge deal (and didn't effect the overall point) but when you are being asked to pay for something, it surely has to be as accurate as possible? Is that unreasonable?

I don't think data in Scottish football is reliable enough for people be producing content on it and asking folk to pay for it. But then are people going to pay for merely opinion if you don't use stuff like data? Probably not.

Good luck with it anyway.

3 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Christ, it's no wonder nobody ever tries anything new if this is the reaction you get. 

It's feedback, people have pointed out factual inaccuracies that detract from the product. Particularly since you need to pay to access it.

Graeme Ruthven had an almighty blow up on the Twitter web last night, raging at clouds and generally making loud noises in the general direction of anyone he perceives to be a luddite. It was very strange, because he basically jumped into a thread about Scotrail delays to yell at folk for being condescending about his blog.  

I had no idea what twopointone is, and I'm even less inclined to read it now.  

1 hour ago, yoda said:

"Who would do better for Rangers - McLean or Walker? We simmed it" sounds like an article from BuzzFeed's "Fitba' Corner".

It sounds like Jonathan Wilson-style, pretend tactics shite to me.

1 hour ago, ftk said:

Paying to read a website will never take off. Even the daily record couldn't get that to work.

There's American sports sites similar to this that are behind a paywall that work.

They didn't start out attempting to pander to the Old Firm before suddenly remembering the other 40 teams in Scotland exist when fans from both sides of the Old Firm told them to f**k off though.

Archived