The Worst Posters in P&B History (2017 Edition)

5 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

The reason they have names was that my young son bought me a personalised stem cap for my birthday, then the expensive bike my wife bought me for my 40th had another personalised one and my daughter wanted one with her name on it for my mountain bike.

What a fucking welt.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

The reason they have names was that my young son bought me a personalised stem cap for my birthday, then the expensive bike my wife bought me for my 40th had another personalised one and my daughter wanted one with her name on it for my mountain bike.

Do your family hate you?

17 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

Have you considered getting a new family? That is atrocious behaviour. 

Well I'm not terribly impressed if that's what you mean.
Should I say I'm not bothered, or pretend to be delighted, regarding it as some sort of validation?  What would be the correct response for you?
The thread had completely passed me by, until summoned by a notification the other day to see unidentified posters having a go at me.  I've been looking in since and the way people are behaving is frankly unbelievable.  It's honestly amazing to see adults carrying on that way - the breaching of confidences, the bullying, it's something else.
There really is an irony in this thread containing the suggestion that the worst of P&B is to be found on another one.
Carry on enjoying it all if you wish.  It truly is pathetic though.

Absolute knicker-wetting shite.

My girlfriend could buy me a car and paint Daisy or whatever the f**k she wanted on the side but I’d still refer to it as “the motor”.

It would appear, not that I know you prior to this thread, that you are using these names when discussing your bikes. Is that correct?

13 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

Bunch of arseholes the three of them! Imagine having the cheek to give me thoughtful presents!

You say "thoughtful" but as an outsider looking in 3 bikes makes it seem like they want you out of the house. 

The names given to said bikes just adds insult to injury.

25 minutes ago, sjc said:

You say "thoughtful" but as an outsider looking in 3 bikes makes it seem like they want you out of the house. 

The names given to said bikes just adds insult to injury.

Absolutely.  The plan is clearly to minimise the time spent and the name etching thing has been done for two reasons.  1) To pander to statts weird behaviour.  2) Incase he needs a name prompt as family contact continues to diminish.  

His 45th birthday will be a 1man tent embroidered with his choice of pet name. 

The big 50, a round the world ticket for one with full naming rights for every flight. 

52 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Absolute knicker-wetting shite.

My girlfriend could buy me a car and paint Daisy or whatever the f**k she wanted on the side but I’d still refer to it as “the motor”.

It would appear, not that I know you prior to this thread, that you are using these names when discussing your bikes. Is that correct?

I generally refer to them as the Planet X, the Cannondale or the Merida since that is the brand name or good bike, better race bike or mountain bike but the children like it if I refer to them by the nickname in their presence. Small things that keep them happy after all they have plenty time to get all negative and cynical later in life.

1 hour ago, statts1976uk said:

Even if they did, why would you share that?

Archived