Berwick v Elgin

Greetings from Greece. Gutted to have missed that. Karma for unnecessarily  slagging off the manager after last week's frustrationfest in Edinburgh.

Sounds a fantastic game with Gers deservedly winning, but doing it the hard way. Thought Eric was about to explode with joy in his interviews! Looking forward to the highlights.

This was my first game in a while, I thought I'd give it a try now that Robbie is in charge, I'm glad I did.

Good work rate and determination. I don't think Scullion won a single one on one header, he must have lead boots on!

Well done the team, the whole town will be lifted by this, let's hope this can continue for the rest of the season.

That was a huge improvement. Contrary to the above comment from the Ducket view, Elgins keeper had a stormer first half and the deflections for our 2nd and 3rd left him with little chance. His attempt to throw a shot in the net did probably sum up the luck we lacked until Murrell got his first.

Even at 2-0 down I found myself thinking this is one of our better performances. Certainly, we'd played worse and win this season (See Cowden for example). Horn has stressed the need for improved fitness and yesterday we got a real reaction from the likes of Notman who has perhaps been guilty of that previously. He was much better than he had been and played a key role in the middle.

We are still liable to conceding on the counter attack and I think despite the quantity of chances we created, we should be thankful to McCrorie for an excellent first half save from a corner and an even better one-on -one stop in the second. When chasing the game and pressing high as Horn wants to, there's always going to be a risk of being caught out by a direct pass as we did yesterday but it was encouraging to hear Horn address that in his interview when speaking about his team being a little more streetwise and maybe committing a few more tactical fouls.

Horn said at the talk in that it was important to get behind the boys, stay off their backs and buy into the style we want to play. Things were much more positive yesterday but I also think it's because even at 2-0 down we never looked out of it. Players were still grafting and we oddly still looked the better side. If Robbie and his team can extract that determination and character from his side each week, then we can maybe even avoid worrying about a relegation fight.

There no need for us to be slow at the back we have 1 of the fastest young centre backs in the league called fleming He played the first ten games and I thought against top teams he was decent why he no playing  ???????? Heard a rummor he was getting watched by hubs and hearts

There no need for us to be slow at the back we have 1 of the fastest young centre backs in the league called fleming He played the first ten games and I thought against top teams he was decent why he no playing  ???????? Heard a rummor he was getting watched by hubs and hearts

Hi Fleming's dad

I'm at Haggerston Castle with family and the 5 guys headed to this game. My dad works with Stevie Thompson so he sorted us out with hospitality. Can't fault anything from when we arrived everybody came over to the table for a bleather to the women having tea's, coffee, pies, sandwiches ect on our table for HT. Being from Bonnyrigg a couple of us know the management team so good to see them get their first win. Even better when it's a 3-2 win from 2-0 down.

Archived