Was that Hampden's last hurrah?

HibeeJibee

1 minute ago, mozam76 said:

I've worn neither, and never lumbered roond the lakes. More than happy to walk to GQS from Hampden though.

It’s more understandable on the way back as the queue at Mount Florida is horrific and it’s a nightmare to get a taxi post-match.

Why anyone could be arsed with that on the way there instead of waiting 20 minutes at Central or paying a fiver for a taxi is beyond me.

It’s quicker, according to Google, to walk back to Waverley from Murrayfield than it is to do Hampden-Queen St. And you bypass Haymarket on that walk too.

Not sure why you’d be using that as a pro-Hampden argument.

14 minutes ago, Paco said:

It’s quicker, according to Google, to walk back to Waverley from Murrayfield than it is to do Hampden-Queen St. And you bypass Haymarket on that walk too.

Not sure why you’d be using that as a pro-Hampden argument.

You could still recreate the Hampden Experience by walking west out to Edinburgh Park or South Gyle Station

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

29 minutes ago, velo army said:

I consider myself a fit enough guy, but walking from QST is an hour's walk easy, especially if you have weans/girlfriends/wives with you. If you've been working all day, the last thing you want is having to trek for an hour to get to the fitba game you may be standing at for the 90 (especially in the Northy). 

I suppose the reason that other nations get the money for stadia is that they qualify for stuff, so they get money for that. 

I'd be more than happy with the statud quo. We're actually not too far away from qualifying for something, so I'm sure some money will be made available in the future for the changes we all actually want. It seems a touch short sighted to move lock, stock to Murrayfield.

Only by virtue that not a ball has been kicked in any of the qualifiers so we're even with every other team! 

25 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I sense there's not an over abundance of surprise going on here.  

It's just so amateur.

The most professional organisation based at Hampden is Queen's Park Football Club, who are amateurs...

If Murrayfield was the preferred option, they’d have gone with it today. They’re going to spend the next week getting Queen’s Park to play ball at an unreasonably low price or they’ll walk away. A case of eat shite or die for us, sadly.

13 minutes ago, an86 said:

If Murrayfield was the preferred option, they’d have gone with it today. They’re going to spend the next week getting Queen’s Park to play ball at an unreasonably low price or they’ll walk away. A case of eat shite or die for us, sadly.

What are Queen's Park going to do with extra money anyway. It isn't like you can spend it on players.

8 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

What are Queen's Park going to do with extra money anyway. It isn't like you can spend it on players.

We won’t be playing at Hampden, regardless. Paying for pretty much a new stadium at Lesser or using it to pay rent at a stadium while the club dies a slow death. 

Giving far too much money to two disgusting clubs to play matches at their shitholes = no goer. I've watched matches from a couple of rows back behind the goals at Hampden before and it still gave me a better view and overall match day experience then what either ground has offered in the past.

Hampden- probably slightly edges it in terms of facilities and viewpoints (especially distance from the pitch) certainly better suited for police at club games given it was built for segregation.

Murrayfield - significantly bigger and far far better for transport- it's utterly unbelievable to me that people argue differently, IT HAS A MAIN LINE STATION PRETTY MUCH RIGHT NEXT TO IT, most of the county has direct trains to it, a halt with only a train to the city center that may not even be the station you need for connections doesn't get close.

Absolutely between a rock and a hard place here, neither ground was built to provide all factors required and talk of both seems to be planned to f**k over queens park with no talk of what we achieve by doing so.

Take the cheaper and spend any saved funds on developing the ground, Hampden might be easier for that. There's talk of no money but surely we can at least start a stages development ?

Era- either choice doesn't bother me. If pars are playing at either ground I'd be there and if Scotland are playing it would take a multitude of stronger factors to be improved to get me along.(price, ko times, a team identity worth bothering about , playing meaninfull games instead of spending 90% of the time with friendlies or virtual dead rubber qualifies or nonsense fake tournaments)

17 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I’d imagine the type of person who walks from Glasgow Queen Street to Hampden for a match is also the same type of person who’s every day attire consists of cargo trousers and walking boots, and whose idea of a holiday consists of lumbering a tent around the Lake District.

i.e. complete loonballs

I never usually walk to the stadium, although if it's a nice enough day and it's going to be a busy game, it's a far better option than putting yourself at Scotrail's mercy.

But I walk back into Glasgow after every game, because, to borrow your phrase, you'd have to be a complete loonball to spend the same amount of time battling back into Glasgow through whatever queueing system they've tried and failed to put in place for Mount Florida.

And camping's fucking shite by the way.