Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Winter update has fucked my FM, main menu is now all white, gameplay is fine until I enter a match, the pitch is in negative and the screen starts flickering. Anyone having similar issues or know how to fix it?
It's trying to save you from playing as us. Thank it.

53 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Corners seem lethal now since this update, seems to be at least one scored every game I’m playing now. Don’t know if the challenge keeper bug is working slightly they all happen right in front of the keeper as well.

Ive not seen one :lol:

Started a Scotland save, mainly so I can see how the league turns out without human input. Saints cruising it in fourth while Hamilton and Hearts are adrift at the bottom. Thats me in December. A few young Scots have had upgrades it seems. Callum McGregor is now class, while Ross McCrorie and Scott McKenna are genuine prospects.

Absolutely crushed the Nations League Division C Group. Won all six games. 

Team is.. 

Archer

Paterson - McCrorie - Lindsay - Tierney

Cairney - McArthur - McGregor 

Ritchie - Griffiths - Murphy

Jack, Shinnie, McGinn, Cummings and Morgan all played major roles too. 

I'm still playing FM17, but (providing this still exists) has anyone played a match yet that wasn't played on grass.  There's sides in Spain who play on sand and a team in Africa who play on clay.  I'm sure there was a team who played on gravel at one time too.

I had a weird problem creating a new save after the update, the game wasn't keeping the save file so I couldn't load it up after I created it.  I went into my save game folder and discovered that it wasn't saving the file as a .fm file so when I was trying to load it in Football Manager it couldn't find the file.  If this happens you can manually rename the save file to savegamename.fm and it will work

One of the worst games in terms of opposition teams kicking the crap out of my team lol courtesy of Dundee, 5 of my players ended up injured and they had 2 red cards

image.thumb.png.73bce3a7a8fe240469660de3ca386a89.png

And my next game, ooft

image.thumb.png.48fe3ca2e80231ee0c6df3ce981563fa.png

Need to go to my youth sides to find subs 

Got FM 18 Touch a few weeks back and forgot quite how easy it is.  As always started at Cowdenbeath and after 14 games of the 3rd season we're sitting top of the Championship :lol: Motherwell are 8th while Morton are enjoying the top flight!

Best signing in the bottom league was Patrick Hoban. Irish striker who struggled in League 2 (Jordan Garden the top scorer) but was on fire in League 1.  While in League 1 I managed to sign Billy King on a freebie as well as Jordan Jones on loan from Killie for the season :lol:   

Now I've signed a young striker who was released by Leeds called Jack McKay.  He's scored 7 goals in his last 5 matches and we just thumped Dunfermline 4-0. My standard 4-2-3-1 formation which I think I've used on almost every FM I've ever played!

It's utter nonsense but a great way to pass the time while taking a shit.  Cowdenbeath getting crowds of over 4000 for a cup match against Albion Rovers - then going away to East End in the league and there's 1900 there :lol:

EDIT - half way through the league season now.  Ourselves and Falkirk (last meeting saw us lose 7-4!) are tied top and Jack McKay is the leagues top goal scorer despite me not signing him until mid September!

I'm having a good time with my Celtic game under the 18.3 patch although it's the 2018 off-season and I realize I have way too many players !  Injury crisis in January of the 2017-18 season saw me pick up a bunch of players like CB Rivaldo Coetzee and a Danish Attacking midfielder, forgetting that I had a bunch of players out on loan.  I also picked up two players from the Serbian league that I couldn't get work permits for at first, a Tunisian AM that I sent back on load and a 19 yeard old Serbian Winger that I loaned back to Red Star (and still can't get a WP for so will loan again). 

All this to say that I now have too many Central attacking midfielders, 5 in total including Scott Allan.  If Man United come in for Kieran Tierney I'll probably switch to a back 3 formation as I also have a lot of CB's but not many full backs.  Lustig can become a CB while Ralston can be converted to a Right midfielder. 

On 3/9/2018 at 10:53, The Minertaur said:

Now I've signed a young striker who was released by Leeds called Jack McKay.  He's scored 7 goals in his last 5 matches and we just thumped Dunfermline 4-0. My standard 4-2-3-1 formation which I think I've used on almost every FM I've ever played!

EDIT - half way through the league season now.  Ourselves and Falkirk (last meeting saw us lose 7-4!) are tied top and Jack McKay is the leagues top goal scorer despite me not signing him until mid September!

Just finished the season last night and it was your typical unrealistic mobile save.  

League - 

5aa7963e9699c_FM-league.thumb.png.82ddd4cfebef15015604ddc2125ac37f.png

Results - 5aa796439c224_FM-results.thumb.png.a285fa6bc4eacc43aadbeca74a3f1ea3.png

Hero -

5aa796a1435cf_FM-McKayhistory.thumb.png.87a6551d44af70da05c59ba537f4308c.png

So we won the Irn Bru cup coming from 2-0 down just before half time to beat Ross County 4-2.  We reached the Scottish Cup final after knocking Hearts out the semi's at Hampden thanks to a Declan McManus hat-trick.  The final saw us lost narrowly to 10 man Celtic.  Celtic who had 10 men since the 38th minute.  Celtic who we were beating 1-0 at half time. :(

Now trying to prepare for the Premiership after 3 league wins in a row :lol: Nobody wants to sign for me and I currently don't have a single left back.  Going to be a long season ahead!  Thankfully I've signed McKay on a 5 year deal with no big team release clause so he should be here for a while unless I receive a crazy offer.  

image.png.824319d22a38e7a711efed20cfab1d63.png

Group of death went better than I expected with a home win over Bayern and home draw against Barcelona but still shipped a metric fuckton of goals.  My poor start to games was a big problem, I was 4-0 down at the Nou Camp inside 15 minutes while also found myself 4 goals down in the first half at Anfield.  In the Baynern skooshing I was 2-1 down when Scott Brown got sent off in the 51st and it all went to hell.  I tried switching to a back 3 while 3-1 down, which was a bad plan.  

image.thumb.png.8e081a081ecf28a35e68787ee29fa43f.png

I'm really fucking done with the computer going to this game breaking 3 striker formation every single time you take the lead

Thinking of doing a data update with all the proposed lower league restructuring around junior clubs. Currently thinking of making it 1 automatic relegation for league 2, winner of highland lowland play off goes straight up. 2 Relegated from lowland league; East of Scotland, South of Scotland and newly created West of Scotland winners play a 2 way play off with the top 2 getting promotion to lowland league. Not gonna be full integration from Juniors as some club will still remain juniors. Have had some experience do ing this kinda of thing before but anyone get any advice? Also where is the best place to find average attendances for the juniors as am trying to make this as realistic as possible.

7 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

Thinking of doing a data update with all the proposed lower league restructuring around junior clubs. Currently thinking of making it 1 automatic relegation for league 2, winner of highland lowland play off goes straight up. 2 Relegated from lowland league; East of Scotland, South of Scotland and newly created West of Scotland winners play a 2 way play off with the top 2 getting promotion to lowland league. Not gonna be full integration from Juniors as some club will still remain juniors. Have had some experience do ing this kinda of thing before but anyone get any advice? Also where is the best place to find average attendances for the juniors as am trying to make this as realistic as possible.

Whilst you're at it, you couldn't do one for FM2015 would you?!

Archived