The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Told myself June would be a month of fitness, hard training and no booze. Going out for dinner later to a place that does a majestic T. Having zero willpower suggests there will be T consumed later. 

Ach, you lasted well.

Me and my mates are meeting up for a day out in Glasgow tomorrow and are booked in for the Tennents tour in the afternoon. I've already did the tour back in December but I'm looking forward to a return visit to the promised land. It's like Willy Wonkas chocolate factory but with beer and not ran by a reclusive paedophile.

12 minutes ago, philpy said:

Off to a BBQ tonight, had to pop to Lidl first though. It was actually cheaper to buy 2 packs of 4 - £3.52 each, whereas an 8 pack was £8.80.

Lidl stock 10 packs. I was there yesterday and purchased a 10 pack for £8.80. I assume you bought the 2x4 packs from Morrisons as they cost £4 in Lidl.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The ten minutes before your mates arrive in the pub when you're there first are some of the most important minutes of your life. A time for quiet, reflection and Tennents lager. 

PS f**k the Hibs 

DSC_0557.JPG

I’d hide from them and enjoy a quiet second pint. Nothing worse than walking into a pub, sitting down with your first T and some c**t comes across thinking he’s got something worth while to say to say to you

There's nothing quite like finding T in the most unexpected places. 

A few years ago I was heading to have a few drinks at a beach in Sydney and was tasked with getting the beers in for myself and my Scottish mate. Upon entering the walk-in fridge of the local offie, my eyes met the most wondrous of sights - a 24 pack of Tennent's 's. No-where else on the entire Australian continent had I seen such a thing and initially I thought it must have been a mirage. But no, it was the real thing and without hesitating I grabbed myself a case and made my way to the checkout. It cost the equivalent of £40 but was worth every last cent just to see my mate's face light up as I proudly, with chest puffed out, strolled across the beach with the sun glinting from those magnificent silver cans. 

Another strange occurrence was when, within seconds of arriving in the city of Dunedin in New Zealand, I spotted two Kiwi students sitting cross legged in between two parked cars at the side of the street, drinking the Amber nectar. They couldn't have been more helpful in pointing me to where I could indulge my viTamin requirements, even telling me of a nearby pub that sold it as well as rolls and haggis. 

Some say Tennent's doesn't travel well, but sometimes it's these beacons of lighT that keep me travelling. 

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

There's nothing quite like finding T in the most unexpected places. 

A few years ago I was heading to have a few drinks at a beach in Sydney and was tasked with getting the beers in for myself and my Scottish mate. Upon entering the walk-in fridge my eyes met the most wondrous of sites - a 24 pack of Tennent's 's. No-where on else on the entire Australian continent had I seen such a thing and initially I thought it must have been a mirage. But no, it was the real thing and without hesitating I grabbed myself a case and made my way to the checkout. It cost the equivalent of £40 but was worth every last cent just to see my mate's face light up as I proudly, with chest puffed out, strolled across the beach with the sun glinting from those magnificent silver cans. 

Another strange occurrence was when, within seconds of arriving in the city of Dunedin in New Zealand, I spotted two Kiwi students sitting cross legged in between two parked cards at the side of the street drinking the Amber nectar. They couldn't have been more helpful in pointing me to where I could indulge my viTamin requirements, even telling me of a nearby pub that sold it as well as rolls and Haggis. 

Some say Tennent's doesn't travel well, but somtimes it's these beacons of lighT that keep me travelling.