c***s on the road

10 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

See also cyclists with cameras 

I think as you go down the transport food chain, cameras begin to make sense. 

Pedestrians are probably the most vulnerable.

After the Number 17 bus service users in Dundee. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

On 19/12/2022 at 11:54, alta-pete said:

Had cause to have interaction with Police Scotland's traffic division a couple of years ago and the chap enquired whether I had a dash cam (which I did not). Light hearted discussion thereafter that most who had dash cams were indeed the c***s on the road who were needing watched. 

Probably the same sort of police officer/Sevco fan whose body cam is conveniently not working when they’re kicking the shit out of arresting a non-white ‘criminal’.

Shout out to the VW Passat driver who ploughed on through the red light at the pedestrian crossing on the Meadows in Edinburgh.

They overtook a row of cars stopped and stacked back to the junction ahead, as the were turning right and I presume he didn't fancy queuing. Not sure the road had even split at that point so may also have been on the wrong side of the road.*

Lucky I just had the feeling he wasn't stopping and said so to my Mrs who was understandably not paying attention to him. We were crossing with my partner, 2 year old and 6 week old baby. 

*Just checked and the road had split, so just the steaming through a red light. 

Edited by Eatmygoal

47 minutes ago, Eatmygoal said:

Shout out to the VW Passat driver who ploughed on through the red light at the pedestrian crossing on the Meadows in Edinburgh.

They overtook a row of cars stopped and stacked back to the junction ahead, as the were turning right and I presume he didn't fancy queuing. Not sure the road had even split at that point so may also have been on the wrong side of the road.

Lucky I just had the feeling he wasn't stopping and said so to my Mrs who was understandably not paying attention to him. We were crossing with my partner, 2 year old and 6 week old baby. 

Surely there’s a camera(s) in the area with a view, and a complaint noting that camera(s) might get some action.

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

See also cyclists with cameras 

More like drivers with cameras. In West Yorks drivers submitted more than twice as many camera reports than cyclists yet only 2% of them resulted in action being taken, compared to 34% of cyclists reports.

8 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

More like drivers with cameras. In West Yorks drivers submitted more than twice as many camera reports than cyclists yet only 2% of them resulted in action being taken, compared to 34% of cyclists reports.

Probably because the motorists were reporting inconsiderate cyclists and vice versa.  Far easier to track down a motorist than a cyclist.  Also, cyclists don't get penalty points so where a motorist reported a cyclist this would not show.

Edited by strichener

There is junction similar to that at the Ness Bridge in Inverness where you very often see cars making an illegal left turn from Huntly Street through the pedestrian crossing.

image.thumb.png.f4271bfd97c1c729ee988522b6e0c36d.png

This is of course also where the world famous Inverness bank machine is located.

43 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

"I was really shocked and annoyed because you should be able to walk to work without getting knocked over.

Ok, which P&Ber is this?  

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

There is junction similar to that at the Ness Bridge in Inverness where you very often see cars making an illegal left turn from Huntly Street through the pedestrian crossing.

image.thumb.png.f4271bfd97c1c729ee988522b6e0c36d.png

This is of course also where the world famous Inverness bank machine is located.

Aye, had to face down a car on the pedestrian crossing before, I assume it's to make Huntly Street less attractive as a rat run but I don't remember it being that busy anyway. The Inverness planning department are a mystery to me

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

There never was a crossing at that point in the road, it was along a bit. And my memory of that junction goes back 40 years. Indeed there was a fence stopping pedestrians crossing there. It's almost as if the traffic planners of decades ago knew what they were doing.

As usual Edinburgh Council have made a total cnut of things in the name of "traffic management". There should be no reason why traffic driving south up Leith Walk shouldn't be able to safely turn left eastwards into London Road instead of having to go on a magical mystery tour.

28 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

There never was a crossing at that point in the road, it was along a bit. And my memory of that junction goes back 40 years. Indeed there was a fence stopping pedestrians crossing there. It's almost as if the traffic planners of decades ago knew what they were doing.

As usual Edinburgh Council have made a total cnut of things in the name of "traffic management". There should be no reason why traffic driving south up Leith Walk shouldn't be able to safely turn left eastwards into London Road instead of having to go on a magical mystery tour.

They could do it but it would make traffic congestion worse. 

On the way down to Alnwick last night stuck behind one of those c***s that slam the anchors on any time a car came the opposite direction. If you can't see don't fucking drive.

About 20 years ago i was familiar with Embra's roads as a pedestrian and not a driver. I lived on the South Side and was trying to give my mate directions from the west end over the phone. Just about every direction i gave was a one way street, no entry or no turning and it took him about 90 minutes to get 2 miles. Being completely un-navigable by car is part of the character of the city and the town planners are just preserving that.