c***s on the road

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

If your aim is to sell a quarter million a year then it might be a bit foolhardy to rely on suburban professionals who don't give a f**k what their neighbours think, to buy them.

Chevrolet sold over 140,000 Hummer H2’s, despite a fuel crisis, because people wanted tarted up Tahoes…just saying.

15 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Chevrolet sold over 140,000 Hummer H2’s, despite a fuel crisis, because people wanted tarted up Tahoes…just saying.

I don't think you get my point, Hummers are what pickup truck buyers buy when they get rich, not an EV shaped like cheese.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

I don't think you get my point, Hummers are what pickup truck buyers buy when they get rich, not an EV shaped like cheese.

And Ford Lightnings sold like hotcakes to those same buyers until the excitement faded and the reports of bricked batteries and towing issues surfaced. Add to that a fair whack of Tesla fan bois, Instagram poseurs and the ones wanting the access to HOV/Express Lanes that an EV often confers…

39 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

This thing just reminds me of the trough in the gents at my local .

Aye, it's basically made from the same stuff.

I'd also hate to see what happens in a collision with pedestrians. Over 3 tons and sharp angles like that would be messy.

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

c***s on the entire pavement and a c**t defending it. 

I’ve never understood the “murderers and beasts running around yet they focus on x,y and z” line trotted out by folk 

Were there any murders on Thursday night reported that these two coppers should’ve been looking into instead? (Other than Rangers Europa league hopes) 

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’ve never understood the “murderers and beasts running around yet they focus on x,y and z” line trotted out by folk 

Were there any murders on Thursday night reported that these two coppers should’ve been looking into instead? (Other than Rangers Europa league hopes) 

It's a lazy argument made by people who frequently break less serious laws.

They use it as a reason as to why doing this doesn't really matter.

20 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

It's also ironic as a number of those types of criminals have been caught due to traffic stops. Whenever the police post about stopping cars for something minor there's always some in their list of offences that include no insurance, no licence, drink/drug driving or outstanding warrants.

Edited by Ginaro

6 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Exactly this. So when someone burgles their house I assume they will be quite happy at a no show from the police as they are all too busy investigating armed robbers/ drug dealers. Don't think so? Nah me either tbf. f**k them.

12 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

The big surprise here is that something actually got done about it. Proof that if you actually enforce laws, people might stop doing things they aren't meant to be doing. 

Last weekend we literally saw an old lady cyclist being taken out by an Audi at the lights. 

Thankfully wasn't going any faster, the idiot braked too late and she was crossing already. Old lady said bike (and Audi sadly) were all fine in the end but it was scary watching someone being knocked over. 

On 02/12/2023 at 20:46, Loonytoons said:

How many polis would Rangers dodged taxes have paid for ... :whistle

Big shout out to the nutsack who had to screeched to a stop by the zebra crossing my daughter and i had just walked onto then sped up before we'd actually crossed. To be fair we had walked out without looking both ways what with it being a really obvious one way system and a 10 mph car park. 

Gave him a "wtf" shrug and pointed at the big white arrow on the ground. He leaned out of his massive double cab twatmobile and shouted "if you've got a problem you should take a photo of the car and send it off and see if you can get me a ticket in the post". Fu. king. ZING! 

On 03/12/2023 at 10:36, Stellaboz said:

Last weekend we literally saw an old lady cyclist being taken out by an Audi at the lights. 

Thankfully wasn't going any faster, the idiot braked too late and she was crossing already. Old lady said bike (and Audi sadly) were all fine in the end but it was scary watching someone being knocked over. 

As an Audi driver and a cyclist I am not sure who I should be hating the most in this story................

Nearly crashed yesterday taking our daughter home from the Day Centre.

There are two lanes going down to the traffic lights as there is a left turn filter, and one lane coming in the opposite direction.

The inside lane was blocked due to a delivery lorry, so I was in the outside lane. There was another delivery lorry in the outbound lane, and it too, appeared to be stopped.

Just as I overtook the delivery lorry on my left and was preparing to turn into the inside lane, this woman came out from the petrol station on the left at quite a lick and turned right. It appears the delivery lorry which I thought had stopped had in fact stopped to let her out. I managed to get braked but our daughter got a bit of a sore shoulder where the safety belt caught her. If I had been going any faster - and I wasn't going that fast as I had just turned onto the road - I'd have rammed straight into the other car.

The dangers of waving people out when vision is restricted.