c***s on the road

On 22/10/2023 at 18:49, philpy said:

Driving down a busy road the other day,  got stuck behind 2 cyclists, not uncommon, but one was using the cycle lane, but the other decided to cycle right beside him, instead of showing a bit of courtesy for drivers who needed to pass.

Aye I can see both sides to this. Among older riders you'll get people riding two abreast as it's the recommendation of the Highway Code (much safer for us) but it's odd that they'd do that in a cycle lane. 

23 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I'm convinced that the eejits who refuse to switch on their headlights until it's nearly pitch black are the same wankers that drive with their fog lights on when it's a perfectly clear night. 

With the number of vehicles with automatic headlights these days, it’s stunning the number of people that refuse to use them. I can could the number of foggy days needing fog lights in the last 20 years here on one hand, but every c**t in a f**king jacked-up pickup has them on all the time, dazzling everyone.

10 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Not my picture, just came across this on Reddit....but on a scale of 1-10, how much of a cnut is this fella?

r/CarTalkUK - This is quite the numberplate

That number plate actually belongs on a Citroen, from a country that really did win WWII, eventually, with some help.

1 hour ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Not my picture, just came across this on Reddit....but on a scale of 1-10, how much of a cnut is this fella?

1 hour ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Mark Francois level?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

That number plate actually belongs on a Citroen, from a country that really did win WWII, eventually, with some help.

On a German car too. Clearly irony isn't the chap's strong suit. He should be in a Jag. Or, he probably was once, til he complained about the reliability..

2 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

A Mr Wii Won of the Chinese Embassy is wondering why everyone doesn't like his nice number plate. 

I think this rule has now been in place for the past year:

Screenshot2023-11-09at07_19_07.thumb.png.c069224c912f76cd8b34c66d192c4a6d.pngScreenshot2023-11-09at07_21_42.thumb.png.4f1400d37947b70daf53143929b07a64.png

I wonder how many drivers are aware of it? Judging by what I routinely see on Byres Road,  a pretty busy road with lots of junctions, I would say about less than 5% with cooncil vans/bin lorries some of the worst offenders.

And the withering or angry looks pedestrians get for daring to inconvenience an important motorist is worthy of a thread of its own.  

On 06/11/2023 at 11:11, Mackie The Staggie said:

There is something OFTW about these weirdos that talk about WW2 like it was a football match.

On 06/11/2023 at 11:11, Mackie The Staggie said:

If you look closely you see that plate is superimposed onto the car. Most noticeable on the left. 
I have a friend that works for a motor parts dealer, I’ll ask him to look it up and see if it really exists and belongs on that car. 

Edited by Wacky

9 minutes ago, Wacky said:

If you look closely you see that plate is superimposed onto the car. Most noticeable on the left. 
I have a friend that works for a motor parts dealer, I’ll ask him to look it up and see if it really exists and belongs on that car. 

Anyone can check it here: https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

I checked it a few days ago and the plate was linked to a Citroen, now it's switched to a Mercedes so it's probably genuine and newly bought.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Anyone can check it here: https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

I checked it a few days ago and the plate was linked to a Citroen, now it's switched to a Mercedes so it's probably genuine and newly bought.

I stand corrected, this is indeed a genuine plate. My mate sent me this picture 

It takes bawbaggery to a whole new dimension IMO. 

IMG_5841.jpeg

12 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

I wonder how many drivers are aware of it? Judging by what I routinely see on Byres Road,  a pretty busy road with lots of junctions, I would say about less than 5% with cooncil vans/bin lorries some of the worst offenders.

The one at Observatory Road can be carnage, although there are also a lot of pedestrians who think that the change allows them to march in front of a car that is already three-quarters of the way round the corner

33 minutes ago, philpy said:

c***s that pull out in front of you out of a junction at the last minute, only to either go slow as f**k, or turn into the next street.

That and ridiculous overtaking manoeuvres only to turn off the main road half a mile later causing you to brake as they slow down.