c***s on the road

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Incredible footage - especially with a pillion passenger. 

Reminds me of a superb early PlayStation game RoadRash. 

Rider will possibly be picked up by a MotoGP team. 

Poor girl on pillion will have an arse like a squashed tomato. 

On 09/11/2023 at 07:28, KingRocketman II said:

I think this rule has now been in place for the past year:

Screenshot2023-11-09at07_19_07.thumb.png.c069224c912f76cd8b34c66d192c4a6d.pngScreenshot2023-11-09at07_21_42.thumb.png.4f1400d37947b70daf53143929b07a64.png

I wonder how many drivers are aware of it? Judging by what I routinely see on Byres Road,  a pretty busy road with lots of junctions, I would say about less than 5% with cooncil vans/bin lorries some of the worst offenders.

And the withering or angry looks pedestrians get for daring to inconvenience an important motorist is worthy of a thread of its own.  

No chance any driver cares about that

On 13/11/2023 at 15:53, MEADOWXI said:

The phone thing I find amazing,

I am old enough that as a kid there were no seatbelts in the back (my folks always bought Volvo or actually paid extra to have belts fitted). So I can understand older people who struggled when compulsory wearing came in, similar with phones. You used to get away with it but not anymore. But I struggle to understand when it younger ones that must have had lessons and exams where seatbelts and no phones were mandatory yet, now feel they can.

The number of younger folk on phones when driving is scary, but to be fair they can't walk down the street, eat, shop (pay at tills in shops), talk with friends, go for shit or breathe without being on their phones so probably as much the fucked up world we live in as anything else.

It really is pretty brazen now.

I've thought for a while now that cars should be fitted with a compartment in which you must have your phone stored away in whilst driving or the car won't start. Probably boundless amounts of reasons why that wouldn't work mind you. 

4 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

It really is pretty brazen now.

I've thought for a while now that cars should be fitted with a compartment in which you must have your phone stored away in whilst driving or the car won't start. Probably boundless amounts of reasons why that wouldn't work mind you. 

How would you then call the emergency services after your accident caused by trying to watch that video wee Hayley from accounts had sent you on WhatsApp?

On 13/11/2023 at 14:54, Wacky said:

A scenario that brings me nicely to another point, impatience, many drivers and especially bus drivers are guilty of this. 
I  have a friend that lives on a bus route in Dunfermline, and it’s one of those streets where many people park along one side. It actually frightening the amount of drivers that won’t yield to vehicles with right of way. Bus drivers will pull out from the bus stop into oncoming traffic and expect you to move out the way for them. I along with many others have been caught behind cars and vans that buses have simply pulled out on. I appreciate that they have timetables to keep etc, but that is just not cricket. I had a car pull out on me on said street, and granted I was on the side of the road where I don’t have right of way, but the guy pulled out and drove right up to my bumper and started motioning for me to reverse. My flabber was gasted, but I had to stay calm as I had my granddaughter and her friend in the car, otherwise I would have got out and had a word. He mounted the pavement and came up alongside me, put his window down and shouted about having right of way. I calmly pointed out that he pulled into on coming traffic, bet he still felt vindicated in his actions.  Every fibre of my being wanted to smash his pus in, but I had the kids in the car. Since then I’ve made a point of driving with the right of way on my side, but you still get total bellends not giving way. 

You would have got out your car to have a word if you had been on your own.  That certainly would not have helped the situation. Then because he shouted that he had the right of way every fibre of your being wanted to smash his puss in. 

That is bad road rage. You need to chill out when you are driving or stop driving because if you carry on like that something will eventually happen. Is it really worth it? I don't think so.

17 minutes ago, Steelly said:

You would have got out your car to have a word if you had been on your own.  That certainly would not have helped the situation. Then because he shouted that he had the right of way every fibre of your being wanted to smash his puss in. 

That is bad road rage. You need to chill out when you are driving or stop driving because if you carry on like that something will eventually happen. Is it really worth it? I don't think so.

Yeah! Sadly the red mist still descends now and again. it’s a work in progress though 

5 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Yeah! Sadly the red mist still descends now and again. it’s a work in progress though 

It's good you are working on it.  It really is not worth bothering about things like what happened to you in the car. Good luck.

Just passed the luckiest b*****ds ever. 

A timber wagon has pulled out to turn right onto an A road, and a Vauxhall Crossland ended up plowing into the side of the trailer. Either the car was trundling along at a sensible speed given it’s dark and rainingor they pulled off the emergency stop of a lifetime, because trailer only went as far as the end of the dashboard, no ambulances in attendance and all occupants standing at the side of the road. 

Police only shut the road for forty minutes 

On 10/11/2023 at 07:08, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

the scouse and Albanian County lines gangs would end him overnight if they wanted😂

Well that's the start of it then. This is a different town to what it was 10 years ago. Crack is fucking killing this place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-67402743

41 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Well that's the start of it then. This is a different town to what it was 10 years ago. Crack is fucking killing this place.

St Ninians, St Valery, Dalneigh in general used to be a sleepy wee respectable enclave with loads of pensioners. Changed days indeed. 

55 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Sounds like the first episode of the new Shetland series, with scousers swapped for cockneys. There are pockets of totally neglected deprivation and all that goes with it in every part of Inverness, the upkeep of the tiny amount of social housing that remains is abysmal.

Just driving back from Hampden joining the M8 at Baillieston and not one single car used the inside of the 3 lanes all the way to Newhouse! Resulting in the outside lane at 60 max and the middle 50ish, effectively about 10 cars in the middle lane reduced the motorway to one lane!

8 hours ago, Clangers said:

Just driving back from Hampden joining the M8 at Baillieston and not one single car used the inside of the 3 lanes all the way to Newhouse! Resulting in the outside lane at 60 max and the middle 50ish, effectively about 10 cars in the middle lane reduced the motorway to one lane!

Standard on the M8, even worse when it gets down to 2 lanes heading east and the outside lane is tootling along at 45/50 for no apparent reason