Partick Thistle v St Johnstone

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sixth meeting of the sides since February, so no doubt one everyone is looking forward to.

Saints had 35% possession at home to Ross County on Tuesday night. Thistle are a team that Tommy Wright is generally happy to let have the ball, so it's hard to envisage a dominant performance from Saints here. Usual script could apply here in terms of game plan at Firhill, which will no doubt please the natives.

Don't think things are much clearer regarding Saints' best team than they were before the County match but O'Halloran up front, if he's fit, didn't work, neither did MacLean in behind him with a license to do as he pleased. Whether he goes with a front two or sticks with one up top is an issue. Imagine Anderson will keep his place after looking more like himself.

Next few weeks could define Saints' season. You'll need the full 44/45 points at least to get top six this season, so really require another 15 points again from the next 11 games. They won't come by saying you'd take a point every week though.

I think Tommy will look to build on the clean sheet from Tuesday night, and he would be happy with the same again. Anything more would be a bonus.

We've often played 4-4-2 v Thistle and they've dominated possession, but think this time we'll be set up not to lose with one upfront.  I expect Maclean will start as he has a good scoring record v Partick, though I wouldn't mind if it was Cummins.

I'd be surprised if O'Halloran plays, and think Alston might be on the bench as County was his first game back after injury.  The team I expect Tommy will pick;

Clark

Comrie    Anderson   Shaughnessy   Easton

Davidson    Paton

Wotherspoon   Craig   Scougall

Maclean

23 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I think Tommy will look to build on the clean sheet from Tuesday night, and he would be happy with the same again. Anything more would be a bonus.

We've often played 4-4-2 v Thistle and they've dominated possession, but think this time we'll be set up not to lose with one upfront.  I expect Maclean will start as he has a good scoring record v Partick, though I wouldn't mind if it was Cummins.

I'd be surprised if O'Halloran plays, and think Alston might be on the bench as County was his first game back after injury.  The team I expect Tommy will pick;

Clark

Davidson    Paton

Wotherspoon   Craig   Scougall

Maclean

Quite a likely team from Wright, unfortunately!  After week's of watching this and similar not work at all it's hardly inspiring. 

In my opinion he should go.... 

Clark

Millar             Davidson

Wotherspoon        Scougall         O'Halloran  (if fit)

Cummins

He won't though, and it'll be another combo of either Paton, Craig, Davidson clogging up the midfield. Scougall playing out of position on the right wing when he should be playing as a number 10, and of course MacLean up front on his own with his back to goal all game giving the defenders an easy shift, eventually dropping deeper and deeper until subbed for Cummins with 15 minutes to go. He'll then make no impact or if lucky have a chance from about 8 yards and somehow manage to miss an open goal. 

That, or we'll somehow shitfest a win. :blink:

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

f**k you, f**k Partick, f**k Glasgow, f**k Tommy Wright, f**k Saints, f**k everyfuckingthing.

S'appening Tam? You seem upset?

12 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Just with football my good man. Saints are playing pish and it's affected my morale.

You'll be fine. Saints always go on a shite run just as we pick up then you finish top six.

Archived