North Caledonian League Expansion

Robert James

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Using GTF day as an excuse to ask if there's any news on the club with the best social club and one of the most picturesque grounds in the Highland League, Bunillidh Thistle, coming back to the North Caley? I know they were trying to. @NiallFH?

https://www.northern-times.co.uk/sport/helmsdale-at-the-heart-of-football-clubs-ambitious-rise-fro-331895/

More recently than that article, they posted on Facebook in March that they were looking for sponsors. Haven't seen or heard anything else since.

"CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT-

As was mentioned in a previous post sharing news of a possible return to the North Caledonian football league. Bunillidh Thistle FC are hoping to make a return to the league next season.

In the coming weeks we’ll be contacting people/businesses regarding sponsorship deals. These can include boards, match ball, match sponsors, strip, warm up tops and more. We will also include a weekly sponsor spotlight where we will do a small post on our social media platforms describing and highlighting the sponsor.

With our sponsors we hope to cover team expenses throughout the season and build a foundation that puts the club in a good footing for solidifying us for years to come.

If you’d be interested in this please private message us and we can let you know what’s available and the steps.

Thanks

Bunillidh Thistle FC"

https://www.facebook.com/bunillidhthistle/posts/pfbid033BipiT8XuFqqkFviMRsDaDpnL9WaVvcuYssyQfSPUaoyu9yYVfrovx7FG6M4F3aAl?locale=en_GB 

Posted (edited)

It was the North Caley AGM earler this evening and there seems to be a bit of scuttlebutt that Loch Ness have pulled out/folded.

edit - Bunilidh also appear to be back in.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

9 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It was the North Caley AGM earler this evening and there seems to be a bit of scuttlebutt that Loch Ness have pulled out/folded.

edit - Bunilidh also appear to be back in.

Moving to Grantown??? 

3 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Moving to Grantown??? 

Apparently a few players have aleady signed for Strathspey from Loch Ness, so it seems like an unofficial merger might have already taken place. It will be interesting to see if Shane Carling has put some money into Strathspey, or if he has just got bored now that the novelty football shirt sales have tailed off.

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Apparently a few players have aleady signed for Strathspey from Loch Ness, so it seems like an unofficial merger might have already taken place. It will be interesting to see if Shane Carling has put some money into Strathspey, or if he has just got bored now that the novelty football shirt sales have tailed off.

You can't blame him for getting fed up if he's been banging his head off a brick wall trying to secure a decent park that he can develop and grow the club. He has absolutely zero chance of being allowed to develop anything in or around Inverness

Inverness City tried it 15 year ago when they joined the North Juniors, Loch Ness will suffer the same fate imo.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Inverness City tried it 15 year ago when they joined the North Juniors, Loch Ness will suffer the same fate imo.

It'll be lucky if the city has more than just Clach left by the end of the season, between the clowns at the council and the ones running ICT

I’ll be glad to see the back of Loch Ness FC. A completely pointless existence serving no community for the benefit of absolutely nobody but a few kit collectors. Taking on Sam Urquhart after that video emerged too - see ya. 

7 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’ll be glad to see the back of Loch Ness FC. A completely pointless existence serving no community for the benefit of absolutely nobody but a few kit collectors. Taking on Sam Urquhart after that video emerged too - see ya. 

I think the would've tried if the city wasn't a closed shop that only exists for a selected few to milk tourist and Airbnb money. Then wonder why there is a city-wide mental health problem for guys in their 20's and 30's

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

I think the would've tried if the city wasn't a closed shop that only exists for a selected few to milk tourist and Airbnb money. Then wonder why there is a city-wide mental health problem for guys in their 20's and 30's

Well there is one way to solve the problem

aliens.gif

Posted (edited)

Bunillidh Thistle officially back for the new season, good stuff.

As for Loch Ness... oh well? I wish this would happen to some other 'one man and his dog' teams in the Lowland League.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

No idea if it's true but a guy on the North Caley FB is claiming there was a withdrawn article in the Inverness Courier saying Loch Ness were booted out for refusing to pay their fines.

Posted (edited)

fwiw the summer side are still in the Inverness & District as they merged with Balloan under the Balloan/Loch Ness name

Edited by GNU_Linux

15 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

fwiw the summer side are still in the Inverness & District as they merged with Balloan under the Balloan/Loch Ness name

It's Loch Ness in name (and kit) only.  A different squad, managed by ex-The Caley stalwart and current The Clach DOF, Grant Munro.

7 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

The Balloan side in the Amateur League at the moment is filled with a pick of the bunch of young kids who went to the IRA and Millburn. 

I'll never not laugh at that.

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

I'll never not laugh at that.

Aye, name change is needed from their point of view, but I hope they don't.

Do people about up the ra, or adapt any songs...Maybe if they were nearer Glasgow?