A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Scotland drew 0-0 against Uruguay at Mexico in the 1986 World Cup when a win would have set us up with a last 16 meeting and, inevitable hiding from eventual winners Argentina. 

The Uruguayans really were a shower of fucking animals, going down to ten men after one minute after Jose Batista tried to kill Gordon Strachan, in typical Scotland fashion we proceeded to make an arse of it and failed to score against a side who played with ten men for the entire match, Steve Nicol in particular guilty of a fucking horrendous miss which I still haven't forgiven the p***k for, Charlie Nicholas and Graeme Sharp spoke of how they finished the match with their 80's mullets covered in gob courtesy of the filthy b*****ds from South America, SFA president Ernie Walker described the Uruguayans after the match as the 'scum of world football' , a remark he, quite rightly refused to apologise for till his dying day.

2803379_full-prt.jpg

uruguay_1986_201_2941955b.jpg

Furthermore to the Scotland v Uruguay post, the antics of Ian St John in the ITV studio at Scotland's brutal display is, in hindsight fucking hilarious, that Steve Nicol miss I referred to is at approximately 0.35, still can't believe he fucking missed it, useless c**t :thumbsdown

1 hour ago, paulbrucerick said:

Henry Templeton leads the chorus at Annfield as Ayr secure promotion back to the First Division in 1988.

FB_IMG_1538055679344.jpg

EDE70A33-6D9D-4AE5-854A-AF58A5512B6F.jpeg.06692b59179cc84131f407bde06db8d8.jpeg

Terry Butcher does likewise in 2010 after a narrow win at Somerset takes ICT back to the top flight at the first time of asking.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Scotland drew 0-0 against Uruguay at Mexico in the 1986 World Cup when a win would have set us up with a last 16 meeting and, inevitable hiding from eventual winners Argentina. 

The Uruguayans really were a shower of fucking animals, going down to ten men after one minute after Jose Batista tried to kill Gordon Strachan, in typical Scotland fashion we proceeded to make an arse of it and failed to score against a side who played with ten men for the entire match, Steve Nicol in particular guilty of a fucking horrendous miss which I still haven't forgiven the p***k for, Charlie Nicholas and Graeme Sharp spoke of how they finished the match with their 80's mullets covered in gob courtesy of the filthy b*****ds from South America, SFA president Ernie Walker described the Uruguayans after the match as the 'scum of world football' , a remark he, quite rightly refused to apologise for till his dying day.

2803379_full-prt.jpg

uruguay_1986_201_2941955b.jpg

Did Charlie Nicholas play in that game?  I thought his World Cup ended after a bad tackle in our opening game with Denmark.

30 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Did Charlie Nicholas play in that game?  I thought his World Cup ended after a bad tackle in our opening game with Denmark.

Missed the West Germany game after a crude professional foul late on in Denmark game for which the defender was only booked, Nicholas was clean through on goal, came on as a 70th minute substitute in the final game of the group v Uruguay. 

34 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's Arthur Albiston.

Edit: sorry I see you are referring to him getting mentioned in the text, rather than the photo.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

52 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Missed the West Germany game after a crude professional foul late on in Denmark game for which the defender was only booked, Nicholas was clean through on goal, came on as a 70th minute substitute in the final game of the group v Uruguay. 

Ah right.

My old memory's playing up.  I had it in my head it was a nasty one that finished his tournament.

Edited by Monkey Tennis