What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

5 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

As much as I love a pile on against either 'Rangers' or Celtic,I have to agree with you here. 

I actually wrote an article for one of the Dons fanzines about the Scotland u-21 side that got to the semis of the Euros in 1992, mainly because the 4-3 against Germany was one of the best games I've ever seen at Pittodrie. 

The full international cap count from that squad was pitiful. There were mitigating circumstances for some (Duncan Ferguson and Alan McLaren) but I think Lambert ended up with about half the full total. 

We've had some very decent age group sides that have failed to produce decent international players so I don't think blaming exclusively the 'Old Firm' is the right answer. 

Be interesting to know the stats on the German conversion rate to full caps from the same game as comparison.

12 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m surprised St Johnstone haven’t provided individual hot tubs with champagne for the Old Firm fans given how much your club sucks the Old Firm Boaby.

A fan of the club who placed cardboard cut outs of fans in their stands, posting in the tin pot thread about other clubs and their fans is...... 

Well it's something.

6 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

As much as I love a pile on against either 'Rangers' or Celtic,I have to agree with you here. 

I actually wrote an article for one of the Dons fanzines about the Scotland u-21 side that got to the semis of the Euros in 1992, mainly because the 4-3 against Germany was one of the best games I've ever seen at Pittodrie. 

The full international cap count from that squad was pitiful. There were mitigating circumstances for some (Duncan Ferguson and Alan McLaren) but I think Lambert ended up with about half the full total. 

We've had some very decent age group sides that have failed to produce decent international players so I don't think blaming exclusively the 'Old Firm' is the right answer. 

Watching Pat Nevins’ lost final on the iplayer and even only 5 of that winning team (Nevin, McStay, McInally, Bowman and Mackay) would be fully capped. 

4 hours ago, Dylangt7 said:

Be interesting to know the stats on the German conversion rate to full caps from the same game as comparison.

Klos 0

Passlack 4

Stadler 0

Worns 66

Schmaler 0

Kranz 0

Franck 0

Haber 2

Posner 0

Scholl 36

Herrlich 5

I guess the difference is that a German team would be expected to reach the latter stages of a competition like that whereas it was a rarity for us. 

15 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Blaming the "Old Firm" is always the right answer...

On 17/06/2023 at 10:14, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m surprised St Johnstone haven’t provided individual hot tubs with champagne for the Old Firm fans given how much your club sucks the Old Firm Boaby.

Now that's a good idea, providing them with some hygiene service, every club should provide this service for 'old firm' fans, or at least hose the manky fuckers down as they enter our grounds. For the Celtic fans, we should also hit them with some disinfectant spray as they're passing through the turnstyles, given their own board even told them they were smelly, and handed out leaflets for them to wash themselves. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

15 minutes ago, Empty It said:

What an embarrassing wreck of a person.

The more alarming thing is there's more than one - laminated - sign there. He's put a bit of effort into this, was he hoping to hand them out?

7 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

The more alarming thing is there's more than one - laminated - sign there. He's put a bit of effort into this, was he hoping to hand them out?

Imagine creating and laminating multiple of those forming part of your preparation for an away trip to the football. 

On this father's day, I think we would even be doing yer da' a disservice by calling that "yer da'."

It's just straight up horrifying 😂

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Saw that last night, thought "what a virgin". Didn't know who it was.

Nae wonder the chicken guy saw even teaming up with Simon Ferry at E.K. as a better option than staying at Darvel. What a fkn gimp, brutal patter.