What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

5 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

In what way? Did he not move to Rangers and get a really serious injury pretty quickly? Could that not have happened at Aberdeen? Well, not while playing in a  Champions League game but you know what I mean. 

Moved to Rangers to be third choice.

48 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Because St Pauli genuinely try to be a charitable club and are strongly left wing with lots of political banners etc, Celtic fans tragically think they have an affinity with them (despite being massively right wing when it comes to finance, to name but one thing). Rangers, and therefore tragically latched on to Hamburg (St Pauli's city rivals).

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Apparently both Hamburg clubs don't much care for their respective bigot hangers on.

The Rangers Hamburg "friendship" was a thing long before celtic started latching on to St Pauli.

No idea why people would just come on the internet and make things up, weird behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Super_A said:

The Rangers Hamburg "friendship" was a thing long before celtic started latching on to St Pauli.

No idea why people would just come on the internet and make things up, weird behaviour.

Was it aye?

Rangers died incidentally.

Edited by DA Baracus

On 17/06/2023 at 16:20, 10menwent2mow said:

As much as I love a pile on against either 'Rangers' or Celtic,I have to agree with you here. 

I actually wrote an article for one of the Dons fanzines about the Scotland u-21 side that got to the semis of the Euros in 1992, mainly because the 4-3 against Germany was one of the best games I've ever seen at Pittodrie. 

The full international cap count from that squad was pitiful. There were mitigating circumstances for some (Duncan Ferguson and Alan McLaren) but I think Lambert ended up with about half the full total. 

We've had some very decent age group sides that have failed to produce decent international players so I don't think blaming exclusively the 'Old Firm' is the right answer. 

I've never heard a criminal record and jail being put forward as mitigating circumstances before.

34 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

I've never heard a criminal record and jail being put forward as mitigating circumstances before.

Was Duncan Ferguson's lack of caps not more about his dickhead attitude? 

34 minutes ago, Super_A said:

47 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Was it aye?

Rangers died incidentally.

4 minutes ago, Super_A said:

Weren't you the guy who wanted dress someone up like a baby and shag them in a pram ?

As whataboutery/deflection goes, that's quite an effort.

I've been to St. Pauli twice, quite a few clubs claim an affiliation with them but I can't recall seeing anything Celtic-related except for the odd scarf in a pub that was probably just left by a visiting Celtic fans (they have tons of football scarves in that pub as it's a real football pub).

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Because St Pauli genuinely try to be a charitable club and are strongly left wing with lots of political banners etc, Celtic fans tragically think they have an affinity with them (despite being massively right wing when it comes to finance, to name but one thing). Rangers, and now Sevco fans, therefore tragically latched on to Hamburg (St Pauli's city rivals).

Yeah, this is not correct.

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yeah, this is not correct.

Aye from other posts you seem to be correct.

So Sevco picked up Rangers' Hamburg connection?

Celtic latching on to St Pauli is a total minter.

However, most of us non Celtic/Sevco fans see your nonsense as interchangeable because, despite the protestations from both clubs, yourselves and Celtic are very, very similar and need each other, desperately.

21 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

St Pauli ultras have said that the banner and scarf seen in the photo were purchased online.

I so hope that’s true.

Edit: Apparently it’s a custom order as they’ve stated it’s not one of their flags.

Edited by stressball