What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Having an 'armed forces day' at your ground in September when it actually is in June, despite no other club in the UK feeling it's necessary to have such an event, just as an excuse to parade soldiers round the pitch, appealing to the brain dead morons in your support and a weird and cringeworthy display of 'Look how British we are' to try and be liked by similar right wing fuckwits South of the border. 

Just figured out where that revolting dive is.

I was at a gig in Ivory Blacks a few weeks ago and passed this place on my way. Wondered what the place was all the local mentally deficient were stotting in and out of, with the usual musical accompaniment. Grim.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Having an 'armed forces day' at your ground in September when it actually is in June, despite no other club in the UK feeling it's necessary to have such an event, just as an excuse to parade soldiers round the pitch, appealing to the brain dead morons in your support and a weird and cringeworthy display of 'Look how British we are' to try and be liked by similar right wing fuckwits South of the border. 

Singing pro-IRA songs at your ground despite no other club in the UK feeling it's necessary sing such songs,  just as an excuse to sympathise with a known terrorist group, appealing to the brain dead morons in your support and a weird and cringeworthy display of 'Look how Irish we are' to try and be liked by similar republican  fuckwits in the South of Ireland.

1 arse, 2 cheeks.

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Singing pro-IRA songs at your ground despite no other club in the UK feeling it's necessary sing such songs,  just as an excuse to sympathise with a known terrorist group, appealing to the brain dead morons in your support and a weird and cringeworthy display of 'Look how Irish we are' to try and be liked by similar republican  fuckwits in the South of Ireland.

1 arse, 2 cheeks.

Take it you won't be frequenting Cesears in Grangemouth?

My mates boozer, does a cracking 🍔 burger by the way.

8 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Take it you won't be frequenting Cesears in Grangemouth?

My mates boozer, does a cracking 🍔 burger by the way.

Not my scene at all. Never drank in the old town. Be surprised if Alan Horne hasn’t got some interest in it tbh. Looks like the type of place he’d put his name too.

50 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not my scene at all. Never drank in the old town. Be surprised if Alan Horne hasn’t got some interest in it tbh. Looks like the type of place he’d put his name too.

It's his laddie, mate of mine running it.

All levity aside the food is cracking, despite the name being primarily to appeal to those of a left footed persuasion it's actually getting plenty clientele who aren't Celtic minded, quiz nights, pool and darts and decent pub grub see to that, he's smart enough to not solely base it on attracting merely Celtic fans. 

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I looked it up

And came up with the boring answer that it's Oswald's because it's on Oswald Street, but that leaves the question of who the street is named after. It was probably this guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Oswald_(merchant)

Apparently it was previously an Irish bar called Kelly's but it was the Quarter Gill back when I lived in Glasgow

Great pub as the Quarter Gill.

Well known for the building trade clientele.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

It's his laddie, mate of mine running it.

All levity aside the food is cracking, despite the name being primarily to appeal to those of a left footed persuasion it's actually getting plenty clientele who aren't Celtic minded, quiz nights, pool and darts and decent pub grub see to that, he's smart enough to not solely base it on attracting merely Celtic fans. 

I hope he’s got more business acumen than his dad then.

Where it’s based has a decent catchment area as the ‘old town’ as it’s known only has one place to go since the ICI Club shut down.

14 hours ago, gannonball said:

Depends on the environment I wouldn't be lumping all that stuff together it's pretty lazy tbh.

You can't pick and choose what stuff is "lazy" purely because you prefer not to address the darker sinister stuff, unfortunately it's all lumped together as part of the  'being an OF supporter' package.

Lazy ... OK. Is it pretty lazy like protesting anything to do with cremorating war dead because you disapprove of one conflict over all the others people gave their lives for, even the ones that give you the free speech to voice your opposition to everyone and everything.

Would that be cherry picking or lazy lumping?

1 minute ago, Kapowzer said:

You can't pick and choose what stuff is "lazy" purely because you prefer not to address the darker sinister stuff, unfortunately it's all lumped together as part of the  'being an OF supporter' package.

I addressed this when someone asked me directly about it a few posts after yours, so that is bullshit. I've cut out the latter part of your post because it was bit of a word salad have no idea where your going really tbh.