What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

4 hours ago, velo army said:

I don't really want to get into a debate around pedantry.

Thanks for responding.

That's a bit of a sad response, I have to say. Being shown to be talking out your arse and then claiming it's pedantry is generally the last resort of the very young, I've always found.

Still, good to know that there is more than one word you don't know the meaning of. I'll bear that in mind when reading/reacting to your posts in future.

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Saves buying 2 cards I guess...

Screenshot_20231125_110708_X.jpg

Missed out on at least one customer by not making a Motherwell version.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I once got a stick of cheese in to The Falkirk Stadium despite being 'searched'.

Bit of a waste of time considering where you had to hide it.

"I'm really surprised that anyone would risk taking alcohol into a "senior" game. I suppose it's because in the early days of the law being implemented the chance and consequences of getting caught were much greater. We still took drink on buses but had to mitigate by decanting to ginger bottles.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

"I'm really surprised that anyone would risk taking alcohol into a "senior" game. I suppose it's because in the early days of the law being implemented the chance and consequences of getting caught were much greater. We still took drink on buses but had to mitigate by decanting to ginger bottles.

I never really felt it was much of a risk tbh. What would they do? Tell me to pour it out? Fine.

I quite like to enjoy live entertainment events with a paced drink. Not enough to get smashed, but just enough to keep a nice buzz. Far more enjoyable than smashing back pints up to kick off and going in a bit lary as many others choose to do. The problem is football is treated differently in this country. I can enjoy a civilised drink at the theatre, rugby, cinema or at a football game abroad and nobody starts clutching their pearls. 

Can enjoy a game without a drink too, but I like that it lifts my spirits when done in moderation at a match. I would rather have no drink than get wasted pre-match. As much as I enjoy a nice buzz, I prefer to be able to see and enjoy the game more. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I never really felt it was much of a risk tbh. What would they do? Tell me to pour it out? Fine.

I quite like to enjoy live entertainment events with a paced drink. Not enough to get smashed, but just enough to keep a nice buzz. Far more enjoyable than smashing back pints up to kick off and going in a bit lary as many others choose to do. The problem is football is treated differently in this country. I can enjoy a civilised drink at the theatre, rugby, cinema or at a football game abroad and nobody starts clutching their pearls. 

Can enjoy a game without a drink too, but I like that it lifts my spirits when done in moderation at a match. I would rather have no drink than get wasted pre-match. As much as I enjoy a nice buzz, I prefer to be able to see and enjoy the game more. 🤷‍♂️

The consequences in my day would've been lifted, a heavy fine and the chance of your employer finding out.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

The consequences in my day would've been lifted, a heavy fine and the chance of your employer finding out.

Bad times. Conversely in my Dad’s day everyone would take a small amount of drink. He used to tell me that in the days before segregation you could tell the difference between the Hearts and Hibs fans because the Hearts fans would be dressed in warm overcoats and be sipping from Hip-flasks, whilst the Hibees would be standing there shivering in summer jackets and necking cheap wine. 😄

Also worth pointing out that it is the people who get smashed at games who are likely to cause bother, and the same sort of people who got it banned in the first place. We have always had a more relaxed approach to drinking in public in Edinburgh compared to other parts of the country, and it is a shame that this is a bit more under threat since Police Glasgow took over. 

Anyway, the point is, the only reason it was banned at the football was because of drunken arseholes. They now just get hammered before the match instead. As a consequence, those of us who know how to behave in a responsible manner have to suck it up and be treated differently to any other live event we might attend. 

I do wonder about the stewards patting the flask and not caring though. I was well turned out, sober, polite and well dressed though, so maybe that is what they go by? Maybe I just looked like a decent Jambo sort, like my Dad refers to. 😎

5 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Bad times. Conversely in my Dad’s day everyone would take a small amount of drink. He used to tell me that in the days before segregation you could tell the difference between the Hearts and Hibs fans because the Hearts fans would be dressed in warm overcoats and be sipping from Hip-flasks, whilst the Hibees would be standing there shivering in summer jackets and necking cheap wine. 😄

Also worth pointing out that it is the people who get smashed at games who are likely to cause bother, and the same sort of people who got it banned in the first place. We have always had a more relaxed approach to drinking in public in Edinburgh compared to other parts of the country, and it is a shame that this is a bit more under threat since Police Glasgow took over. 

Anyway, the point is, the only reason it was banned at the football was because of drunken arseholes. They now just get hammered before the match instead. As a consequence, those of us who know how to behave in a responsible manner have to suck it up and be treated differently to any other live event we might attend. 

I do wonder about the stewards patting the flask and not caring though. I was well turned out, sober, polite and well dressed though, so maybe that is what they go by? Maybe I just looked like a decent Jambo sort, like my Dad refers to. 😎

There's no doubt a certain amount of profiling goes on. Or more simply the application of experience. It's been discussed before on here, some supporters are oblivious to these laws while others have regular experience of them.