Hartley’s newbies v Sneckie

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/25/2018 at 17:26, RiG said:

Yup, he runs about a lot, can play a decent 5 yard pass to the more creative players and kicks people. All you need.

He's improved then, anything more than 2 feet away went in the wrong direction with us.

He would often turn our breakaways into an attack for the opposition with his control.

Been reading Paul Hartley’s thoughts on the game tomorrow and his reflections on the 4-1 defeat and it’s really refreshing to see the honestly. Pretty much, hands up - I got it wrong:

“I think going into the last Inverness fixture after beating Dundee United 6-1 I had the thought in my head to keep the same team, but when I looked back at it after the game I probably should have made a couple of changes because of the energy levels that we had used in the game previous. It’s something that I will look at in the future because I probably should have changed it – some of the players looked exhausted that night because they hadn’t played a lot of football. “

22 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Been reading Paul Hartley’s thoughts on the game tomorrow and his reflections on the 4-1 defeat and it’s really refreshing to see the honestly. Pretty much, hands up - I got it wrong:

“I think going into the last Inverness fixture after beating Dundee United 6-1 I had the thought in my head to keep the same team, but when I looked back at it after the game I probably should have made a couple of changes because of the energy levels that we had used in the game previous. It’s something that I will look at in the future because I probably should have changed it – some of the players looked exhausted that night because they hadn’t played a lot of football. “

He comes across as a rookie manager in his 1st job and not a guy who's been around in that.

Playing the same team/tactics for 2 different games is exactly what Yogi did in 2005 and he also got smashed. At least Yogi was learning in those days.

He comes across as a rookie manager in his 1st job and not a guy who's been around in that.
Playing the same team/tactics for 2 different games is exactly what Yogi did in 2005 and he also got smashed. At least Yogi was learning in those days.

Aye, rookie tactics that ended up in a 6-1 win against Dundee U....

Most managers would keep the same starting line up after the way we played against United.

Players want to play, imagine how you would feel being dropped after putting in a performance like they did that day.

Agreed. Indeed if he changed the team and lost he would probably be getting slated for not having a clue..

Robertson in the P&J saying that we might have to play youth players given our injury and suspension worries. He made the point that Hearts have blooded the likes of Harry Cochrane this season and they’ve done well. That’s fair enough but if we had young players as good as that I’d have expected them to feature in the bench or maybe even as a sub, none of the guys coming in have even done that. Earlier in the season we played short benches rather than blood young players.

Not looking particularly good, we will see though.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Robertson in the P&J saying that we might have to play youth players given our injury and suspension worries. He made the point that Hearts have blooded the likes of Harry Cochrane this season and they’ve done well. That’s fair enough but if we had young players as good as that I’d have expected them to feature in the bench or maybe even as a sub, none of the guys coming in have even done that. Earlier in the season we played short benches rather than blood young players.

Not looking particularly good, we will see though.

Who his actually injured/suspended?

12 minutes ago, thorogood's destroyers said:

Vigurs & Polworth suspended, Trafford struggling, Doran artificial surface maybe a no no, Mulraney & Austin revovering from strains, Tremarco out for a couple of months. There's probably more.

So a quite a few out.

Most teams suffer during a season with injuries to key players.

I'm not getting to confident as we have yet to find consistency and Robbo may be exageratting a wee bit.

35 minutes ago, thorogood's destroyers said:

Vigurs & Polworth suspended, Trafford struggling, Doran artificial surface maybe a no no, Mulraney & Austin revovering from strains, Tremarco out for a couple of months. There's probably more.

Probably not but they may well be on the bench which gives us little option for change. Mulraney and Austin were on the bench last time out so must be near fit. Trafford has head knock and sickness, Doran might be risked but there's no excuse for Vigurs and Polworth who have quickly amassed too many petty and cynical bookings amongst the incompetent refereeing ones.

Archived