Club Licence

28 minutes ago, Robert James said:

There are 20 pages on this "Club Licensing" format, and many posts/posters commenting on licensing for both junior and senior clubs.  If you look back since this topic was originally set up, you will see this for yourself. Licensing is a generic topic which crossing the 'boundaries' between junior and senior.  Ask Cumnock.  

Please note that from the EoS forum, you will see that I  have regularly posted about licensing.     

It's a dead thread dug up by the Talbot troll a couple of months around all the pyramid threads.

It was also originally related to junior clubs. Asking if Cumnock or the West club got the okay to begin the licensing process, discussing how all these EoS clubs getting licensed impacts the juniors seems on topic.

Asking what's happening with a bunch of EoS clubs just seems redundant when the EoS has its own thread on the matter.

All it does in the juniors is bring up the same old nonsense.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

Did any Junior clubs apply for a license?

Dunipace are apparently in the same sort of spot that Cumnock are probably in. They have to get their application & £2k fee accepted by the SFA board first before the licensing process begins.

Last thing I saw on the Dunipace front is silence from the SFA.

Dunipace are apparently in the same sort of spot that Cumnock are probably in. They have to get their application & £2k fee accepted by the SFA board first before the licensing process begins.
This is correct.

Applied first week in February, provided documents and cheque, got an acknowledgement from SFA a few days later, radio silence since.

Licensing dept confirmed the SFA have not forwarded to them yet pre the April meeting.

We hoped to hear something this week as obviously our colleagues have had some news, but nothing yet.

Have asked the licensing dept for an update, who are usually very good/helpful, awaiting feedback.

Was told last night that the SFA constitution has something in it referring to a max 200 licenced clubs?

Can't be arsed trawling through so wonder if anyone can shed any light (or not)

3 minutes ago, santheman said:

Was told last night that the SFA constitution has something in it referring to a max 200 licenced clubs?

Can't be arsed trawling through so wonder if anyone can shed any light (or not)

Correct, 200 is the current limit, not that it will be tested anytime soon.

Dunipace are not a Junior club,anything relating to will be in the EOS forum.

22 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

He was answering your question.

Cumnock and the other unnamed Junior club will be in the same position as Dunipace, they probably have submitted their application letter for membership and payment for consideration by the SFA Board.  If the Board accept it, it gets passed to the Licence Dept to begin the process.

That said unlike Dunipace, Cumnock and AN Other are not in the Pyramid so it's a moot point anyway as nothing will happen until they are.

3 hours ago, Jason King said:

But you arent asking about Junior clubs, all of those clubs are Seniors and not relevant to this part of the forum.

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It is the wrong forum in that there's no relation to junior clubs and the EoS forum has a topic on licensing.

Yes I use it !

3 hours ago, Jason King said:

But you arent asking about Junior clubs, all of those clubs are Seniors and not relevant to this part of the forum.

King Jason

It's good that you are back ! Keep on posting.....especially if you have any info about the club licence applications of Cumnock and the other 'secret' junior club.

from Uncle Bob

3 hours ago, gaz5 said:

This is correct.

Applied first week in February, provided documents and cheque, got an acknowledgement from SFA a few days later, radio silence since.

Licensing dept confirmed the SFA have not forwarded to them yet pre the April meeting.

We hoped to hear something this week as obviously our colleagues have had some news, but nothing yet.

Have asked the licensing dept for an update, who are usually very good/helpful, awaiting feedback.

Thanks gaz5, a very interesting reply. I hope that your club will be successful. By the way, according to a couple of recent  posts above, you shouldn't have mentioned Dunipace here, but you should have used the "EoS forum" to ask about Club Licensing.  Keep smiling.......... and posting on either forum.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

He was answering your question.

Cumnock and the other unnamed Junior club will be in the same position as Dunipace, they probably have submitted their application letter for membership and payment for consideration by the SFA Board.  If the Board accept it, it gets passed to the Licence Dept to begin the process.

That said unlike Dunipace, Cumnock and AN Other are not in the Pyramid so it's a moot point anyway as nothing will happen until they are.

2 hours ago, PRICEY said:

Burnie cleared up what I was meaning. I should of put the greater emphasis of Cumnock being in the same spot as Dunipace. Waiting to hear if they can begin the licensing process.

Although I do wonder if the Junior applications will be accepted considering the "trial" period the juniors may or may not be in right now.

1 minute ago, PRICEY said:

Jeeeeezo,do we have finally established that two Junior clubs have applied fo a licence.
Thank you

No we haven't, only the clubs themselves and the SFA know if they have applied. 

What has been explained to you is the process if they have, using Dunipace as an example who we know have applied.

Thanks gaz5, a very interesting reply. I hope that your club will be successful. By the way, according to a couple of recent  posts above, you shouldn't have mentioned Dunipace here, but you should have used the "EoS forum" to ask about Club Licensing.  Keep smiling.......... and posting on either forum.

No problem.

Unfortunately it appears our application still hasn't been passed to licensing by the SFA.

Heard Cumnock and Petershill put in for a license but got the knock back due to not being in the pyramid. I also heard Bonnyrigg were refused entry to the LL is this true seeing they actually deserved to be promoted.

Heard Cumnock and Petershill put in for a license but got the knock back due to not being in the pyramid. I also heard Bonnyrigg were refused entry to the LL is this true seeing they actually deserved to be promoted.
First part makes sense as the clubs applied under the impression they'd be in at tier 6 as that's what they'd been told by junior honchos. The latter bit is sadly true despite the club having plans for lights in the off season & indeed seems the SFA have ignored the derrogation they promised clubs. It's escalated very quickly with talk of lawyers looking over SFA rules, an online petition & being raised at Holyrood by an MSP. Safe to say the licensing saga has ways to go yet.

29 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
36 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

First part makes sense as the clubs applied under the impression they'd be in at tier 6 as that's what they'd been told by junior honchos. The latter bit is sadly true despite the club having plans for lights in the off season & indeed seems the SFA have ignored the derrogation they promised clubs. It's escalated very quickly with talk of lawyers looking over SFA rules, an online petition & being raised at Holyrood by an MSP. Safe to say the licensing saga has ways to go yet.

Is it not the case that having a license even though your Junior would have gotten you into the Scottish Cup without winning your league or cup?

The sfa don't issue licenses to clubs outwith the pyramid. No junior club would be issued a licence. Teams that win the east and west superlegue, along with the junior cup (I think) get access to the Scottish Cup but won't get any money from the licence itself. 

For me, just fix the mess, get the wrsjfa in or form a wosfl. Sort the east out and integrate the clubs below the LL boundary (or at the very least those who want to join the pyramid) into the eosfl. 

Then we can all get on with enjoying a proper non league structure and an official football pyramid. 

Although I fear we will be having the same discussions in a year's time. 

Is it not the case that having a license even though your Junior would have gotten you into the Scottish Cup without winning your league or cup?
Aye thats why Banks O'Dee still qualify automatically & Lithgae did as well. Girvan as well by virtue of being ex-SOS. Of course those clubs got licensed before the commitment to pyramid clause got added a few years ago.

6 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Teams that win the east and west superlegue, along with the junior cup (I think) get access to the Scottish Cup but won't get any money from the licence itself.

The North remembers! but everyone forgets about them :)

Archived