Partick Thistle vs Aberdeen

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christie Elliot was fecking majestic today. What a shift he put in. Special word as well for Danny Devine, thought he was terrific and going to be hard to keep young Andy McCarthy out the team as well after a lung bursting display.  Happy with a point, a clean sheet and not conceding in the last 10 minutes. A good days work, that hopefully will restore a bit of confidence!

Willie Miller is a total embarrassment. A good save by Cerny but a really really lazy finish by Shinnie, and then a fantastic tackle by Elliott to deal with the rebound. Hopefully a point against a team that have routinely bent us over will give the team a bit of confidence. Hard to see how Archibald can justify dropping McCarthy after today. 

Just watched the game on Alba. Gritty performance. Elliott was immense. You'd never know he had been out for so long. Now he's back, hopefully our right back problems are sorted. Keep McGinn as back up and free Dumbaya. Hopefully we can now get a few more points on the board to save a horrible season.

DM not happy at the support today. Couple of angry stares and gestures to fans during the game. Not seen that happen before.

Thanks to Michael Devlin for taking the time to speak to the kids after the game and staying for a picture in the stand after the final whistle.

My boys favourite player is Maynard now ????. Amazing what a simple “hello” and handshake means to an 8 year old.

On DM, been happening most of the season when he has got any criticism. Turning down Rangers does not make you beyond criticism. The eye bleeding stuff will get criticised.

Given the needless changes since the Hibs away game at Easter Road, we have lost all momentum. The continual persistence with poor players like O'Connor, May among others is remarkable.

His summer recruitment is coming back to bite him. We are a very unbalanced squad, we have not replaced Jack, we have not addressed long term problems at centre half and left back, and getting rid of Stockley for Nicky Nae Goals, Cosgrove and Stevie May was a truly dreadful choice, as much as Stockley was limited.

At the moment criticism is justified.

go ahead.
You can borrow this one too:
Your lot look a shadow of last year's team. 

I have another way of putting that but we're sensitive wee souls when it comes to expressions of exasperation with our glorious leader and the best squad we've had in years.

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Can't we just agree everyone is shite and move on from this?

We actually played a lot better in our previous two games but we rediscovered our backbone today which was nice. It wasn’t pretty but a point won due to a gritty performance.

7 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Decent well fought for point which makes our fucking galling arse collapse against Dundee and Hamilton all the worst.
I can accept being shite, I can’t accept being semi-decent and shitting it.

Yeah. Probably our best squad since we’ve come back up, but at the same time the biggest group of shitebags.

Good point yesterday, though. Showed a lot of grit to get through that one. It was massive to have Christie back, been a big miss.

12 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

Just watched the game on Alba. Gritty performance. Elliott was immense. You'd never know he had been out for so long. Now he's back, hopefully our right back problems are sorted. Keep McGinn as back up and free Dumbaya. Hopefully we can now get a few more points on the board to save a horrible season.

I was thinking yesterday that Keown’s lack of form could partly be down to the plethora of right backs we’ve utilised this season? Missing Lindsay is probably the biggest factor though...

Stevie May is a shadow of the player he was before he left the Johniies. I appreciate he’s done well to come back from serious injury but football wise he seems to offer nothing to the Dons. I’d start Rooney over him without a doubt.

Archived