BBC bias

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Staying in place until end of June.

Making a statement now saying he had nothing to do with helping BoJo getting his loan.

Aye right...

“It wasn’t the £800k bung to BoJo that got me the gig, it was the £400k bung to the Tory party!”

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

These establishment bods try to be as gentle as possible when judging one of their own wrong uns..

There was one of these under Johnson, can’t remember who it was now-some sort of Covid job I think, where the conclusions were identical but it was reported as the report exonerating the appointment because no actual conflict was found and the committee filled in the right forms. 

Can only conclude that any half decent spin doctors recognise the Tory party as a lost cause and have jumped ship.

After the excitement of watching the final of Pointless, I left my TV on BBC1, idly wondering if their flagship 6pm news broadcast, would lead with Putin now blaming the US for that drone attack, or the humanitarean crisis unfolding in the Sudan.

Wrong, wrong wrong....

Apparently there's some Royal event taking place in London Town on Saturday

BBC bias?   Never. How could anyone possibly suggest such a thing.

Chris Mason on BBC Breakfast this morning, burbling excitedly about the English Council results. He maundered on to speculate whether, with the SNP in turmoil, these elections might lead to a resurgent Labour succeeding in a GE in Scotland.

TBF, John Curtice of Strathclyde Uni was interviewed later and questioned in detail about what the results mean and how far you can extrapolate them to other types of election. You could summarise his answer as, not much. I hope someone tells Chris Mason.

2 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Chris Mason on BBC Breakfast this morning, burbling excitedly about the English Council results. He maundered on to speculate whether, with the SNP in turmoil, these elections might lead to a resurgent Labour succeeding in a GE in Scotland.

If, by "succeeding", he presumably means more than the one (1) MP Labour currently have?

And - lets not forget, Ian Murray (Labour in name only) is only there because the blue rinse tories in the constituency voted Labour tactically so it wasnt an SNP win.

Bitter? Yes, hes my MP..........

Mason is just another in a long line of London centric BBC twats with little understanding of the political landscape in Scotland.

• 1 month later...

The hollowed out and weegie dominated BBC Scotland reported on the Daviot wildfire and mentioned the recent and similar event in Cannich.

The apparently poorly trained reader outer annunciated Daviot with an a like a gargle and Cannich with an itch at the end.

That they can't pronounce regional place names correctly sets a bar that is low.

On 10/06/2023 at 19:56, sophia said:

The hollowed out and weegie dominated BBC Scotland reported on the Daviot wildfire and mentioned the recent and similar event in Cannich.

The apparently poorly trained reader outer annunciated Daviot with an a like a gargle and Cannich with an itch at the end.

That they can't pronounce regional place names correctly sets a bar that is low.

Also Tomatin like -'Tomi-tin' and not 'Tomahtin'

18 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Also Tomatin like -'Tomi-tin' and not 'Tomahtin'

Its inept, the kind of thing we might expect from London based broadcasters, but even more infuriating when its the "local" BBC channel who should know better.

6 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Luckily for the BBC, nothing of note has ever taken place in Avoch.

Should have kept the Gaelic spelling for a lot of these places, that's where the confusion usually comes from.

https://twitter.com/caldamac/status/1392921064221679616?s=20

56 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Daviot and Tomatin are tiny wee villages that haven't come up in conversation in my 10 years in Inverness, so I haven't a clue how to pronounce them, Google doesn't help either.

Phonetically its 'Dave-ee-it' and 'Tomah-tin'

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

BBC Breakfast sports bulletin at 8.40am. Cricket - The Ashes.

Nothing else.

Trying to clamp down on ostentatious scenes of saltire-waving?

Can't talk about one of the most bizarre football matches played in Europe for decades if it gets in the way of cricket updates, doncha know!