BBC bias

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

David Jordan, the BBC's head of editorial standards, said Munchetty was not found in breach for "calling out racist comments, which is perfectly acceptable where things are clearly framed in racist language".

The problem was "not her responding to that clearly racist comment, or responding personally to what it's like as a person of colour to have a remark of that nature directed against yourself", he explained.

He said the issue arose "when she went on further to discuss President Trump himself, what his motivations were for that, and that breached our impartiality requirements".

Yeah, it's obvious bullshit. That's what I'm saying. Journalists on the BBC speculate on the motivations of politicians constantly.

I watched it earlier. My only thoughts? c**t.

ETA: He definitely (AFAIR) did not say it might happen, but it should. Repeatedly going on about democracy but at no point being pulled up for the fact that nobody voted for No Deal Brexit.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

18 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah. I think the issue is not what she said, but that she offered her opinion at all. Of course, were this the USA, nobody would blink an eyelid.

I rather suspect the reaction would be different if she had supported Trump’s poison. B

It is impossible for presenters to avoid expressing their opinion at any time. For example if a presenter said "America has crazy gun laws" it would probably go unnoticed because everybody would be in agreement. Nonetheless it is still an opinion. One that I share BTW.

1 minute ago, hearthammer said:

He said he was definitely pulling out on 31st October   -   or words to that effect.

That’ll be a first!  He’s got more illegitimate kids than Robert Baratheon.

Thank f*ck Priti Patel doesn’t have the same powers as Cersei Lannister!!!!

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Beth Rigby’s interview with Johnson far, far more hard hitting than anything I’ve seen Kuenssberg EVER doing.

Johnson refusing to deny he had an affair with Jennifer Arcuri.

Sky News are streets ahead of the BBC in every way imaginable.

LBC Radio is also vastly superior to Radio 4, thanks mainly to people like Eddie Mair (One of Dundee's finest!) and James O'Brien.

Seen a report from laura earlier which was pretty scathing about boris.Im guessing she is pissed off about bojo shagging the yank [emoji23]

I think Kuenssberg comes in for a lot of criticism, some of which is unfair, but this is definitely expressing a biased opinion. Pretty open and closed.