BBC bias

20 hours ago, sophia said:

Doing their jobs is a task and a half.

The opt-out radio news bulletins from Inverness are often excruciating with various technical challenges.

Today's lunchtime news had a news reader who has ongoing issues with reading and annunciation.

He referred to a rather famous mountain thus: crew-aach-haan.

Editorial laziness and amateur hour presenters is a wearisome mix.

I don't know how these BBC presenters were brung up. 

I would have thought that somewhere along the way someone would have taught them how to pronounce Oban.

But no..., up popped    OhBAAAan    the other day.

Never mind the contortions they apply to Dalziel.   

And they only just about manage Menzies, because of a previously quite well known politician.

BBC apologise to Patel.  Supine arseholes.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50150993
Her “natural expression” is that of a smug c**t.
In the video of Stewart Hosie's question to Boris Johnson at PMQ's today you see her face, with presumably her natural expression as she's just sitting there listening and there's not a smirk to be seen.

3 hours ago, beefybake said:

I don't know how these BBC presenters were brung up. 

I would have thought that somewhere along the way someone would have taught them how to pronounce Oban.

But no..., up popped    OhBAAAan    the other day.

Never mind the contortions they apply to Dalziel.   

And they only just about manage Menzies, because of a previously quite well known politician.

Greenock is always pronounced Gren- ock because Greenwich in London is pronounced Grenich so basically they are London-centric khunts

43 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Why are all the HYS on the BBC always filled with right wing guff?

The BBC should be disbanded. An abomination of an organisation. 

The BBC is a mixture of Tories and Blairist Labourites.  Willing to hold a Labour position when the Labour Party wasn’t really a threat to their metro-elite lifestyle.

Another very good media related example of this (though he’s not a BBC employee) is Ian Hislop.  Hislop tries to portray himself as voice-of-the-people, anti-elite type but he despises Labour under Corbyn.  Probably frightened of some tax rises that will put a dent in his very comfortable lifestyle.

Not usually on the BBCbad side of things, but Kirsty Wark just asked an EU bod, I think the ex leader of the EU parliament, totally out of context if Scotland would stay in the  EU if they won independence. You could see she had prepared him for it because she was licking her lips in anticipation for his answer. He mumbled something with a look of embarrassment that it could be difficult given the Spanish troubles at the moment, and that was it, back to the container story.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not usually on the BBCbad side of things, but Kirsty Wark just asked an EU bod, I think the ex leader of the EU parliament, totally out of context if Scotland would stay in the  EU if they won independence. You could see she had prepared him for it because she was licking her lips in anticipation for his answer. He mumbled something with a look of embarrassment that it could be difficult given the Spanish troubles at the moment, and that was it. 

Maybe that's why he's now an ex leader.

Not usually on the BBCbad side of things, but Kirsty Wark just asked an EU bod, I think the ex leader of the EU parliament, totally out of context if Scotland would stay in the  EU if they won independence. You could see she had prepared him for it because she was licking her lips in anticipation for his answer. He mumbled something with a look of embarrassment that it could be difficult given the Spanish troubles at the moment, and that was it, back to the container story.
I saw that too and thought it was damned left field question which was out of context with the interview - the reaction of Martin Schultz confirmed that.

Kirsty Wark would have to explain her actions, at face value it was an exercise in shitstirring at the SNP's expense.

On 27/10/2019 at 11:17, welshbairn said:

Odd that Sunday Politics Scotland didn't have anyone from the SNP given that they've just co-written a bill calling for a GE. Unless they didn't offer anyone to appear.

That cnut Brewer hates the SNP.

And when it comes to BBC bias how can anyone explain how that other cnut, Mike Bushel, won his way through to the next round of Strictly? If that's not bias I don't know what is.

Not BBC bias per se but I had a look at the comments under this article and concluded that there must be another Scotland somewhere that's rammed with xenophobic arseholes. Of course it'll be the result of a concerted effort by a few SIU Malkys but you'd think the BBC would work them out.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49594562

Good grief! I never look at BBC comments.
Quite interested to learn more about the "morale compass".

Not BBC bias per se but I had a look at the comments under this article and concluded that there must be another Scotland somewhere that's rammed with xenophobic arseholes. Of course it'll be the result of a concerted effort by a few SIU Malkys but you'd think the BBC would work them out.  
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49594562