Arbroath v Stranraer

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a couple of years ago we were worried about relegation out of the league.

This has absolutely zero relevance to yesterday. It doesn’t matter whether it’s in the Highland League or Championship, people are quite rightly going to be pissed off at blowing a 2 goal lead at home. It’s not as if Stranraer came out and played us off the park, we shoot ourselves in the foot on the pitch and off the pitch with tactics and substitutions.

Highlights show exactly what I thought

Ricky Little punt it

Hammy punt it

Whatley punt it

Hutton so slow coming out for the penalty decision

Just careless mistakes by the guys, you can let them off seeing as they’ve been so good most of the year.

Not that I think losing was really Huttons fault at all yesterday it seemed clear to me that the defence don’t trust him as much, I’ve stopped changing ends and watching the defence for one half and there’s a lot of balls that the back 3 try to deal with instead of leaving it to Hutton even when he shouts. The ToB header yesterday before the Hammy mistake for the second goal is a good example. Think the teams just more confident in Ricky.

46 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

This has absolutely zero relevance to yesterday. It doesn’t matter whether it’s in the Highland League or Championship, people are quite rightly going to be pissed off at blowing a 2 goal lead at home. It’s not as if Stranraer came out and played us off the park, we shoot ourselves in the foot on the pitch and off the pitch with tactics and substitutions.

Doesn't alter the fact we've got some moronic supporters who no matter how well we are doing seem to in their own little perverse way love giving the players pelters.

why is hutton getting so much grief surely the blame lies at the managers door.his stubbornness to keep playing wallace when better on the bench his totally baffling subs .

I don’t think his subs had anything to do with it at all. I’d have also put on Leighton instead of Skelly. But we were absolutely cruising and should’ve been 4-0 up with the team he’d put out in the first place. There’s nothing he can do about players on the park just making basic mistakes

subs change games thats why we have a squad . and to keep pongo on the bench yesterday was criminal

Why? We had to change the keeper, so were only left with 2 subs, I’d have rather seen Bobby and McIntosh come on

Think putting Skelly on was a poor decision. Can understand wanting to get him back on the park to get his fitness back up but it was 2-2 at the time. Different if it had still been 2-0

21 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Perhaps we are not playing to his strengths. Would he be better with McIntosh up alongside.

If you are going to bring a player in and have the team play to his strengths he'd better be a pretty damn good player and, sadly, Wallace just isn't. Whether he would be better with McIntosh alongside him is debatable. He has been first choice striker since he arrived and has yet to prove his worth. Maybe he should be rested, have the flu or be carrying an injury and be left on the bench for a while.

The main thing with the people I spoke to after the game was disappointment at how we collapsed after losing the first goal after we had been so much on top, and the bizarre substitutions.

It’s almost like Dick thinks because we have paid a fee that Gav, McKenna and Wallace must play. McKenna had a poor couple of games to start but has turned into an asset, Gav has been our best player the last 6-8 weeks but Wallace just hasn’t cut the mustard yet. You can look at his goal scoring record and say it’s been a success but I’m sure 4 of them are from the spot including a brace of penalties down at Stranraer. Put him on the bench on Tuesday and let McIntosh go up against the big CB from Aberdeen!

class is permanent mate simple if pongo had got the game time that others have had he would be flying

Pongo is class and if he was fit (not match fit just fit) he would be playing every single week no doubt about it, but unfortunately he’s let himself go

Watch highlights of the Mo 4-0 game start of season, looks a different guy from even then

8 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Hutton needs punted, end of, he’s just a complete bombscare

Also agree that Wallace needs dropped, he’s simply not doing it, I’d be very disappointed if Campbell can’t see this for tomorrow night 

Not sure what you'se are all complaining about in terms of Wallace. His scoring rate for you, us, and club(s) before is

about 1 goal every 2 games.  

beefyB, it’s true he’s a goal every other game , but as posters above have commented , more than half of those are penalties , at our level  ( jings at ANY level) we can’t carry a luxury penalty taker 

he offers very little in open play( beyond an Oscar worthy performance for diving ) , 

a case of stats not telling all , in open play he is , to use the old fashioned term , mince 

Archived