4. Own a Mercedes

5. Walk up the Tiel Burn

6. Walk the Fife Coastal Path

7. Become a Chartered Engineer

8. Start a business

9. Get a boat and learn to sail

10. Go to Wimbledon for the tennis

11. Go to Anfield

I should probably think about travelling a bit further afield but that’s me for now. My life is basically work, looking after family, and some dull domestic project, currently a loft conversion.

Some P&Bers are quite probably a lot more adventurous than this and come up with less humdrum lists. Bash on!

Do you have a Bucket List?

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

My (shit) Bucket List

1. Walk across Forth Road Bridge

2. Run along Kirkcaldy Beach

3. Live for 1 year in Assynt

4. Own a Mercedes

5. Walk up the Tiel Burn

8. Start a business

11. Go to Anfield

I should probably think about travelling a bit further afield but that’s me for now. My life is basically work, looking after family, and some dull domestic project, currently a loft conversion.

Some P&Bers are quite probably a lot more adventurous than this and come up with less humdrum lists. Bash on!

Yes. Write all my posts in a normal size font. 

2 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Yes. Write all my posts in a normal size font. 

Tut tut. Bit ageist there. Think of the likes of Granny Danger. He possibly gets those large print cowboy books from his local library. We have to be more inclusive of the elderly P&Bers. We’ll all be there someday.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

He possibly gets those large print cowboy books from his local library.

Fucking hell, that takes me back to taking my Grandpa's library books back and getting him new ones.  All the auld yins seemed to have their own wee mark that they'd scribble on the first page so they'd know if they'd read it before.  I imagine some archaeologist will pour over one of these books in 1000 years trying to decipher the hieroglyphics and what they could mean on the opening page of "Grab Your Guns Maggie"  

Fucking hell, that takes me back to taking my Grandpa's library books back and getting him new ones.  All the auld yins seemed to have their own wee mark that they'd scribble on the first page so they'd know if they'd read it before.  I imagine some archaeologist will pour over one of these books in 1000 years trying to decipher the hieroglyphics and what they could mean on the opening page of "Grab Your Guns Maggie"  

That’s obviously a right of passage in the West. I had to do that too.

I've ticked a few things of my travel bucket list.  Been to Moscow, Vegas, New York, Grand Canyon. Going to the Maldives soon also.

Still to go? Australia. I really want to do the Toronto Edgewalk as well despite being shit scared of heights :lol:

movie_ph.jpg

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Tut tut. Bit ageist there. Think of the likes of Granny Danger. He possibly gets those large print cowboy books from his local library. We have to be more inclusive of the elderly P&Bers. We’ll all be there someday.

John Wayne's an arsehole.

On 20/04/2018 at 10:40, Scary Bear said:

My (shit) Bucket List

1. Walk across Forth Road Bridge

2. Run along Kirkcaldy Beach

3. Live for 1 year in Assynt

4. Own a Mercedes

5. Walk up the Tiel Burn

8. Start a business

11. Go to Anfield

The first one isn't the same since they took all the proper traffic off the Bridge. Walking across the Bridge is the only time I've ever had vertigo, not helped by the articulated lorries making it vibrate every time they went past. 

It was worth it for getting a couple of pics of the other bridge being constructed. After I took this I found a couple of photos in a drawer of the first Road Bridge being built that my grandad (died before I was born) had- he was a Civil Engineer and had helped build bridges in Africa so he must have taken an interest. 

frb2.thumb.jpg.f553333ec9e4de6211d70ddf3c89a91a.jpg

Archived