The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I can accept the reasons for letting Bell leave but we really needed to get a replacement. In the meantime I can’t believe that we’re persisting with Baird and Roscoe. Muirhead + one other is our best bet until we get someone else in.

Yeah, the persisting with Roscoe and Baird as a pairing is strange. I guess Kerr is more worried about right back than centre half by sticking Muirhead there. Which makes me think Houston is still not match fit. I'm not so sure Roscoe is worse than Baird so not sure who I'd pair Muirhead with tbh.

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

not sure who I'd pair Muirhead with tbh.

Not impossible to field all three in a 5-3-2 . Don’t think Kerr will do it though ,he gives Huston a two and a half year contract and then refuses to play him at his preferred position of right back , strange .   

Still not up, bit rotten indeed if the stuff usually put on YouTube is only on  the subscription channel now.
Didn't miss much, just his usual comments, did say about being annoyed of the fact we went from a solid unit, back to front, for the first 60 minutes then completely collapsed.

Also bemoaning the defending with the gaps between defenders being far too big and that being basic defending we were ballsing up. With that in mind would be surprised if the same back four lined up on Tuesday night

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be happy enough keeping Anderson and letting Innes Cameron go back to Kilmarnock.

I think the club will have funds set aside for January but it’s whether Dave Smith trusts Kerr enough to spend it wisely. On paper his signings this summer looked great but Walsh has been injured, Chalmers form has dipped, Baird has been okay but he and Roscoe would really benefit from playing alongside someone will more experience and for whatever reason Anderson just hasn’t worked out. If he’s given money to spend we need to bring in a centre half that has a reasonable track record in this division. We could also do with a similar player to play up front.

Looking for young loans in January will be useless. Hopefully there is a couple of older players that aren’t getting game time at their own club and are willing to drop down a level for 6 months or so.

I'm no having that.  

I'm no having that.  
He's a bang average championship centre back, will rarely have any motm performances nor will he make too many complete clangers. Get Muirhead alongside and I honestly think that would help.

Kerr however is seemingly useless and completely against doing that and hell bent on playing Muirhead at RB.

Managers who are struggling and remain stubborn to changing things are the ones which usually don't last......

7 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Have to agree with this Muirhead to centre back and Houston to r back I don’t understand why this hasn’t been done, think he’s maybe overthinking it, and Muirhead would kick his granny what we need in there

Thats what we've been missing. Granny kickers! 🤣

IMG_0920.jpg

I think Baird would respond really well to Muirhead alongside him, cajoling & organising.

We’re not winning enough possession in the middle of the park to dictate games, we badly need another body in there. Walsh to get forward as often as he can but put in a shift between the two 18 yard boxes.

7 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

IMG_0920.jpg

I think Baird would respond really well to Muirhead alongside him, cajoling & organising.

We’re not winning enough possession in the middle of the park to dictate games, we badly need another body in there. Walsh to get forward as often as he can but put in a shift between the two 18 yard boxes.

Is he likely to do that? I haven’t seen enough of him but he didn’t strike me as that type of player.

41 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He's a bang average championship centre back, will rarely have any motm performances nor will he make too many complete clangers. Get Muirhead alongside and I honestly think that would help.

Kerr however is seemingly useless and completely against doing that and hell bent on playing Muirhead at RB.

Managers who are struggling and remain stubborn to changing things are the ones which usually don't last......

Roscoe would also react well to playing with Muirhead, they played the majority of last year together and were miles ahead of this joke defending. 

Is he likely to do that? I haven’t seen enough of him but he didn’t strike me as that type of player.

He’s probably never been asked but I feel we’re light in there and of course, he’d be far more comfortable playing in the final third. He’d be another option for the centre halves to play out to, he’s able to beat a man and bring the wide players into play.

16 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

He’s probably never been asked but I feel we’re light in there and of course, he’d be far more comfortable playing in the final third. He’d be another option for the centre halves to play out to, he’s able to beat a man and bring the wide players into play.

McCowan might be more suited. Breakthrough was as a No. 10 and playing central would save him having to cut back on his left foot every time he runs down the right wing.

"Still not up, bit rotten indeed if the stuff usually put on YouTube is only on  the subscription channel now".

I think interviews, etc. on the subscription channel are free up until the end of January.  You can then decide whether you want to pay for it.

Rather surprisingly I didn’t know much about Baird before he signed. Everyone on here seemed to have a stauner for him so I thought we’d be getting a cracking player. Throw in the fact he was made captain and I thought we’d have a Jamie Adams-esque player on our hands. Got to say I’ve been really underwhelmed (as I have with the other new signings and in fact the whole team) . Honestly can’t wait for the season to end. Mid table mediocrity, shit performances, shit quality streams half the time, not being at Somerset Park. What is the point 

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Have to agree with this Muirhead to centre back and Houston to r back I don’t understand why this hasn’t been done, think he’s maybe overthinking it, and Muirhead would kick his granny what we need in there

Houston has looked miles off the pace since he came back from injury.  Don’t know what the problem is, but maybe it’s just that he effectively missed pre season.  We’ve also been very poor at defending set pieces, so Kerr perhaps feels he needs Roscoe, Baird and Muirhead on the park in some formation.  2 lightweight fullbacks isn’t helping when the midfield isn’t offering much protection either.

20 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

At face value yes, after watching it, no. We make the same mistakes that we make every week. Hearts had 22 shots on goal in better conditions we could have easily conceded another 3.

We have a midfield akin to McStay and Sinclair at the moment and a defense that couldn't keep weans out a close. 

Like it or not, the back four and goalkeeper are at a stage in their development where inconsistencies and mistakes will happen. More than we'd like. 

I like the look of Walsh and what he can bring to the whole team if we can get him consistently fit. 

Hopefully with that will bring an element of consistency to our overall performances and results. There'll likely be supporters of 9 other teams in this league wishing things can improve for their respective teams, for a variety of reasons. 

Keeping the faith.