The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Morton are quite similar to us in that they’ll start picking up the odd result here and there.

A win against Alloa I think we see us out of their reach but we’ve still work to do to get far enough away from 9th.

I'm confident (I'm usually pessimistic as hell when it comes to us). I'd take us to comfortably beat Alloa again. It's in our own hands and it's a position I'd rather be in than Alloa and Arbroath's. Just need a few of our players to buck up their ideas 

I don’t share people’s confidence that we’re now safe. This league shows how quickly things can turn what with us going from a team in a massive free fall now looking like a pretty competent outfit but it can easily be reversed.

We’ve got 6 games left and I’d say we need to get around 10 points from them to be safe.
Not 100% confidence but it would take quite the f**k up to mess it up now. Things are a bit more stable and one of the positives to come out of today was that they came back from a goal down to get a point and didn't fold like a cheap deckchair which they were prone to earlier in the season

The Scottish cup doesn't have a sponsor at the moment. Is some of tv money pooled into prize money or SFA paying out their own pockets?

Need to be professional at Elgin but given their lay off we should be able to make  3 or 4  changes and be confident of a result. McKenzie should start again the more match time he gets the better and good game for chances. Barjonas also see how he gets on. How far is Wright from fitness?, hopefully get 20 mins on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t share people’s confidence that we’re now safe. This league shows how quickly things can turn what with us going from a team in a massive free fall now looking like a pretty competent outfit but it can easily be reversed.

We’ve got 6 games left and I’d say we need to get around 10 points from them to be safe.

And 12 points sees us 4th

4 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

And 12 points sees us 4th

I'm so sure about that. The teams in 2,3 & 4 have all played 1 or 2 games less than us and they would only need 7 points from 7 or 8 games to reach 37 points. That's not that big an ask. That said, this league is absolutely mental.

I think 4th place will be around the 40 point mark. Whilst not impossible, we'd need to go on a run right now and win 5 of our 6 remaining games. Let's start at Alloa on Saturday and see where it takes us!

Folk are off their head if they think we are safe from relegation.  Need 30 points as a minimum which is perfectly doable, but we still need to put the points on the board.  McKenzie deserves credit for his performance on Tuesday, but in general, we still lack a coherent or consistent goal threat which makes every game a challenge.  Alloa really need to beat us on Saturday which might make for a more open game which should help us create a few more chances..  Once we’re at 30 points, we can take stock and start to indulge promotion playoff fairytales.

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Seeing as you're now involved in the matchday communications, maybe that should be a new project for you to take on 😉

Next season I just want to get absolutely leathered and fall off of trains up and down the country. 

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I reckon if we beat Alloa, draw with Dunfermline and beat Arbroath that'll put us in a very good position for the last two games

Not a chance we’re out the relegation dog fight yet. A win on Saturday vs Alloa would put us 11 clear of them with five games left so I’d say we could rule out finishing bottom but still a lot to be done to avoid 9th. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

I think it will be between Dundee and Inverness for the last play-off place, Raith look to be doing what we do every year, consolidate a play-off place then try and chuck in away before clinging on to fourth. 

I think we will finish 6th currently. Purely because we are relying on 5 teams to drop a lot of points between now and the end of the season and in a league of 10 teams, if someone is dropping points, someone is winning them. We don't have enough games left to mount any challenge in my opinion. 

Beating Alloa on Saturday would all but end any outside chance of automatic relegation. But I think it may come down to the last couple of games before we are safe from the relegation play-offs. 

Next Saturday you have Hearts probably beating QOTS, Inverness Probably beating Arbroath and the other two games are probably anyone's guess. In terms of the promotion play-off places we would be no better off and be a game further on. 

The fact McGavin was (i think) up for a good wee while last season training and we didn't sign him makes it all the more strange that we went for it this time and between 3 different managers only deemed him worth one short sub appearance.   Surely an attitude thing, considering he should be of at least a similar level as Drinan or Ndaba who have been very impressive.  

Edited by Hursty

What is up with Dre ?
injured or not up for challenge?

I don’t think he’s fit. His two games for us will have been the first two games he’ll have played since the Irish league finished last year.