The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

25 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Imo he was wanting an easy time of it by agreeing that as the rules stand then it is possible. Whilst the top level version look good no doubt the spfl and local authorities may also get some input before reaching the clubs.  Reckon it will take a few months for it to build up again 

He is normally the one to put a damper on restrictions, with him saying chance for full crowds , then I would expect us to get at least 25/30% which would give us around 2500/ 3000 , which should be sufficient for most matches 

On 26/06/2021 at 13:40, ComradeDiego said:

Any chance of fans getting into any of these upcoming pre season games?

Probably not, seeing as Ayr seem to be one of many teams bizarrely reluctant to tell anyone about pre-season games until they're either happening, just about to happen, or have already happened.

Take Tuesday for example, it's been on Stranraer's website for weeks, but no sign of it on Ayr's at all.

On 26/06/2021 at 14:45, D'Jaffo said:

Anyway, are the details out to be able to purchase the Stranraer stream?

Stream can be purchased from tomorrow apparently. 

https://stranraerfc.org/tickets-for-tuesday-nights-game/

19 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Probably not, seeing as Ayr seem to be one of many teams bizarrely reluctant to tell anyone about pre-season games until they're either happening, just about to happen, or have already happened.

Take Tuesday for example, it's been on Stranraer's website for weeks, but no sign of it on Ayr's at all.

The game is advertised on the Ayr United page and has been since last week , all our other games ( except 17th July against Burnley u23s which has been announced online ) are behind closed doors and also been mentioned online and in BW Tv , as for the link Stranraer only made that available today and will be in our website tomorrow when office staff return to work 

this is details that has been on Ayr’s website since last week 

The meeting with Ayr United at Stair Park on Tuesday 29 June (7.30pm) is being treated as a test event, as a result it will be open to Stranraer fans only, with admission prices set at £5 for adults and £3 for concessions.

Anyone not attending is welcome to order our live stream of the contest priced at £5.

Further details on how to purchase your ticket or streaming pass will be confirmed over the weekend.

Edited by Finlay21

7 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

I'd hope with the Burnley game being at Somerset that theyd have fans in attendance 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'd hope with the Burnley game being at Somerset that theyd have fans in attendance 

At this moment the plan is to have fans in, awaiting full arrangements from Burnley re timing of kick off etc 

27 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The game is advertised on the Ayr United page and has been since last week , all our other games ( except 17th July against Burnley u23s which has been announced online ) are behind closed doors and also been mentioned online and in BW Tv , as for the link Stranraer only made that available today and will be in our website tomorrow when office staff return to work 

this is details that has been on Ayr’s website since last week 

The meeting with Ayr United at Stair Park on Tuesday 29 June (7.30pm) is being treated as a test event, as a result it will be open to Stranraer fans only, with admission prices set at £5 for adults and £3 for concessions.

Anyone not attending is welcome to order our live stream of the contest priced at £5.

Further details on how to purchase your ticket or streaming pass will be confirmed over the weekend.

Cheers. Saw that on twitter copied from Stranraer's feed, but still can't see it on Ayr's page. Must just not be looking hard enough. What's the link?

Edited by DG.Roma

3 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Cheers. Saw that on twitter copied from Stranraer's feed, but still can't see it on Ayr's page. Must just not be looking hard enough. What's the link?

I only look at Ayr United Twitter page as not on Facebook etc , that where I picked it up 

Meant to say, I was in picking my season ticket up the other day and the big gates that the groundsman used to get his tractor in and out were open so I had a wee peek in. Must say the pitch was looking really nice but it made me want to be back all the more.

Away strip looks really smart in person as well.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Meant to say, I was in picking my season ticket up the other day and the big gates that the groundsman used to get his tractor in and out were open so I had a wee peek in. Must say the pitch was looking really nice but it made me want to be back all the more.

Give Hopkin a few weeks and he'll turn it into a tattie field.

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Have seen a couple of pictures now of the away and it looks totally different to what we voted on, and not in a bad way. Assuming it must be down to the lighting, but looks even better than the sample picture. 

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Gowzie Ugwu who I’m sure was mentioned on here as a potential signing has signed for Morton. 

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/19403488.morton-sign-former-raith-rovers-striker-gozie-ugwu/

"The Tele understands that MacPherson saw off competition from David Hopkin’s Ayr United for his signature."

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/19403488.morton-sign-former-raith-rovers-striker-gozie-ugwu/
"The Tele understands that MacPherson saw off competition from David Hopkin’s Ayr United for his signature."
The telegraph looked on Pie and Bovril and saw Ayr fans discussing free agent strikers who have played in the championship. sorted it for you!