The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

“The squad is down to the bare bones, defensively we’re fine but you can see we need more in the middle of the park and up front.”

The sort of thing you expect to read in early January on the back of an injury crisis.

After one competitive game in early July? Sweet suffering f**k.

Is this the least prepared we have been for a season at this point (in terms of squad size) in recent years (ie. since McCall came in)?

I was discussing this earlier and tended to think it was but it was anecdotal rather than fact based.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Is this the least prepared we have been for a season at this point (in terms of squad size) in recent years (ie. since McCall came in)?

I was discussing this earlier and tended to think it was but it was anecdotal rather than fact based.

Last couple of seasons line ups for the opening league cup games show we are absolutely fucking miles behind. 

Frankly, the preparation and planning has been disgraceful. 

ETA, pictures in wrong order - first and third obv go together!

861333D8-C715-4DB8-B64A-BBCC8B3CBB51.png

90B8B96E-6737-410E-A2A8-4A073C482BE7.png

B709DFDB-985B-4B87-AFCF-3E56B9E60376.png

Edited by No_Problemo

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The issue we have is that with our absolutely horrific style of football, that we won’t get any of the decent Scottish loan players. 

I said this a couple of weeks ago and was dismissed so glad to see someone agree. 

If your a young, promising player from rangers/celtic your much rather go to a Raith Rovers who play decent football rather than our long ball nonsense. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

I said this a couple of weeks ago and was dismissed so glad to see someone agree. 

If your a young, promising player from rangers/celtic your much rather go to a Raith Rovers who play decent football rather than our long ball nonsense. 

Yeah, it’s not even a debate - clubs will look for a side who best match their own style of play etc. For example, Stephen Kelly or similar player wouldn’t improve any of his technical game moving on loan to us. He wouldn’t be asked to take the ball under pressure and dictate whatsoever. 

51 minutes ago, Thumper said:

In other news, Ted Lasso returns for season 2 in two weeks.

Completely unrelated to anything going on here of course.

Who's he with just now and where does he play ?

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, it’s not even a debate - clubs will look for a side who best match their own style of play etc. For example, Stephen Kelly or similar player wouldn’t improve any of his technical game moving on loan to us. He wouldn’t be asked to take the ball under pressure and dictate whatsoever. 

Which really begs the question where do we go from here? Only thing I can thing of is change tactics (which Hopkin is incapable of doing) or removing the manager 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Which really begs the question where do we go from here? Only thing I can thing of is change tactics (which Hopkin is incapable of doing) or removing the manager 

We hope his next four signings are very good - if not we’re fucked. 

He gets the first nine league games IMO, unless it is blatantly obvious that we are absolutely miles off it before that (no points/pumpings etc) 

I don't know why nobody has come to the obvious conclusion, that Moffat is obviously down at Flamingo Land on an undercover scouting mission to steal one of the Flamingo's to bring back up the road for Hoppy, i mean we're in need of a serious injection of pace upfront. 

Bet you all never even thought of that one

Clever GIF by memecandy

The recruitment seems to have been a complete shambles, exactly as he done at Morton. Holes all over the pitch. Granted there's a couple of weeks before the league starts but I've no idea where you find the players that will turn this bombscare into a respectable Championship outfit. Remember, this is year one of a 5 year plan to get us to the top flight.

40 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Last couple of seasons line ups for the opening league cup games show we are absolutely fucking miles behind. 

Frankly, the preparation and planning has been disgraceful. 

Thanks for posting that. Useful to see it in black and white.

21 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Just too make matters worse .our away top is killies training  top .

FFS! Thats a fricking debacle. It's the fault of you buggers that voted for the blue one over the grey one. I voted grey so I'm in the clear. 🤣

At least when we play them we will be in black and white. What a fucking riddy, playing them in their training gear.