The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Let's worry about the qualities a new player is going to bring to us first of all then worry about how many games we're going to get from them. 

I'm getting really twitchy and concerned  that what we've got currently is going to be what we have to be getting on with. 

That's the real gamble we should all be concerned about. 

Edited to add that we weren't overly concerned about Afolabi's apparent fitness issues when bringing him in. 

The worry is Afolabi was meant to be fit ,  !!

47 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Heard that Ian McCall's trying to sign Muirhead before the window closes.

Nothing being said at club about it ,  can’t see him leaving anytime soon 

Edited by Finlay21

The club bothering to address the complaints on social media about the fixture date? Are they bothering to provide an update on signings, after the radio silence of the past few weeks and the Burnley shambles.

Or is it just tin hat on and heads in the sand...

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The club bothering to address the complaints on social media about the fixture date? Are they bothering to provide an update on signings, after the radio silence of the past few weeks and the Burnley shambles.

Or is it just tin hat on and heads in the sand...

I'd guess that none of that will happen and we will get an update on the hub instead. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I'd guess that none of that will happen and we will get an update on the hub instead. 

The distraction tactic might work, depending on just how good the latest hub update is! 

To be fair, they possibly know Raith are going to absolutely pump us and want as few people as possible there. Signings wise, I imagine they know they have utterly fucked it and are trying to be as quiet as possible about it in the hope it all blows over. I am of course still hoping they will make me look stupid tomorrow 👀

24 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Really can’t see Partick paying us a transfer fee for Muirhead, even if it’s just 20-30k.  That said, McCall’s antipathy towards us would seem to run pretty deep!

Hopefully Robbo is right and there is nothing in this , however there are one or two factors that can’t be ignored.

1. McCall needs a centre half .

2. If there is a fee involved  it would give us budget to get two in , assuming we have two targets identified.

3. We have plenty of centre half’s , two just in plus Baird (former target of Hopkin). Only leaves Aero .

4. Aero was benched for the Arbroath game . Issue with lack of training .

For me it’s an absolute no no . If it’s a budget thing then surely we can peddle Chalmers and perhaps Miller down to L1 . Even if we paid part of their wages until May . Might allow us to get one in . Can’t see us being strapped though ...

12 minutes ago, North British said:

Hopefully Robbo is right and there is nothing in this , however there are one or two factors that can’t be ignored.

1. McCall needs a centre half .

2. If there is a fee involved  it would give us budget to get two in , assuming we have two targets identified.

3. We have plenty of centre half’s , two just in plus Baird (former target of Hopkin). Only leaves Aero .

4. Aero was benched for the Arbroath game . Issue with lack of training .

For me it’s an absolute no no . If it’s a budget thing then surely we can peddle Chalmers and perhaps Miller down to L1 . Even if we paid part of their wages until May . Might allow us to get one in . Can’t see us being strapped though ...

Yes, he simply must stay, although was also Captain against United and was outstanding in a midfield holding role so I'd like to think that Hopkin knows his value to the team (especially given that he can kick the ball both hard and high).

Personally I'd go on record right now by stating only an utter idiot would be letting Muirhead leave for anything less than 100k, as he's potentially the difference between us staying in this league and dropping out, especially as we are already short in the defensive Midfield / destroyer area.

Over and above all this, he's the leader on the park whether he has the armband or not and as we would be strengthening a direct rival is another reason why it just can't happen.

I doubt Muirhead has anything in his contract that would allow him to leave. I doubt Thistle would be looking to pay anything over a derisory amount for him. 

Him moving would depend on Hopkin thinking he was worth keeping or the player himself being desperate to move. You couldn't rule out either and the former is probably more likely. It would be a bold move to let him leave when the three other centre halfs have been as poor and Muirhead is playing in midfield due to the failure to address the issues in midfield. Even if we were to sign Docherty and Steven Kelly tomorrow, or even Kante to replace him in midfield I'd still keep Muirhead over the other 3 centre halfs. 

He is out of contract at the end of the season anyway, If Partick are looking for a defender I suspect it is about getting a proven defender at Championship level in during this window. Unless McCall has had a tip that he is willing to move or is available to move then I suspect he will be staying where he is. 

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

At the end of the day Muirhead can't leave we only have two tactics launch the ball and Muirhead long throws without his throw ins we will lucky to score 10 goals all season.

Christ, I'd forgot about that.

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Personally I'd go on record right now by stating only an utter idiot would be letting Muirhead leave for anything less than 100k

Sorry mate but if you could sit at one side of a negotiation table and have £100k in mind for Muirhead then I think the idiot's closer to home than you think. 

The club should drive him straight to Firhill if they agree to your demands no ifs, buts or maybes about it. 

No less than £100k.... 😂😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Sorry mate but if you could sit at one side of a negotiation table and have £100k in mind for Muirhead then I think the idiot's closer to home than you think. 

The club should drive him straight to Firhill if they agree to your demands no ifs, buts or maybes about it. 

No less than £100k.... 😂😂😂😂

I fear your're missing my point.........

23 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Dress it up as you wish but I'm all ears. 

"Only an idiot would accept less than 100k for Muirhead" 

Go for it. 

I took this to mean "Only an idiot [in Ayr United's current position] would accept less than 100k for Muirhead."

Not that Muirhead as a player has a value of 100k on the market, but rather his value to Ayr United as it stands right at this very moment

Just now, mugen_power said:

I took this to mean "Only an idiot [in Ayr United's current position] would accept less than 100k for Muirhead."

Not that Muirhead as a player has a value of 100k on the market, but rather his value to Ayr United as it stands right at this very moment

Exactly how I read it, value is contextual in this case.