The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

it’s reciprocal, give fans something to cheer about, not pick players who have let us down more in one half of football than Moffat has in 9 years at the club. Not play Fjortoft who thinks he’s Glen Hoddle, firing diagonal balls to nobody for 90 minutes. Not playing Salkeld who has ran about a lot with zero outcome, not play Baird because he’s worth a goal a game, not play McGinty because he costs us more goals than Baird. 

I'm sensing a theme here. 

I think Hopkin hates when fans get on his back. He was angry at 6 lads holding a banner up at the last home game of the season ffs. If the team were playing good football and losing to a scrappy/freak goal I think the fans would see progress was being made, but this style of play is eye bleeding. 

I feel sorry for O'Conner, when a liability and shitebag like Afolabi is getting on before you then you must think what the fck am I doing here. 

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Why is he not away yet? Does smith need to wait till someone starts a hopkin out thread? 

I would imagine that Smith is…..

a. Explaining to his wife why he needs to spend £70k this week.

b. Lining up a replacement to slot straight in.

Smith probably thinks as long as the fans have the hub to circle jerk about, then we wont really care what shite is served to us on the pitch. We could end up relegated and his first words would be "but the hub!!". I'm sorry but I'd rather have a team playing well and competing than a pub I'll never be in 

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Smith probably thinks as long as the fans have the hub to circle jerk about, then we wont really care what shite is served to us on the pitch. We could end up relegated and his first words would be "but the hub!!". I'm sorry but I'd rather have a team playing well and competing than a pub I'll never be in 

Any further performances like last night and we'll have a support full of bloody alcoholics !!

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

O’Conner was warming up in his kit and a bib, socks up, the lot. He looked desperate to come on. I actually thought he’d been told to warm up because he was about to come on.

They brought on Salkeld 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

None of us hope he fails, none of us want him to do badly.

I want him to do badly and fail. Get it over and done with.

9 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I would imagine that Smith is…..

a. Explaining to his wife why he needs to spend £70k this week.

b. Lining up a replacement to slot straight in.

c. Compiling a new enemies list out of people who say naughty things about the owner online.

David Smith has had an incredibly easy ride from the fans since becoming chairman. The hub is undoubtably a good thing and I also heard through the grapevine that he was paying some of the staff’s wages through COVID even before he became chairman. However on the park we have been a complete disaster. It was him who appointed David Hopkin when everyone knew this was how it was going to end up. I really do think he needs a guy with footballing experience beside him to help him out with these sort of decisions. There’s also been incidents where he’s directly messaged fans who have been critical of the team/Hopkin/him so clearly he’s not someone who reacts well to criticism. In order to be involved in football you need to have a thick skin. 

He’s the man who can try and fix this by removing Hopkin. The fans abuse is currently being directed at Hopkin however I’d imagine this will start to be directed at Smith if he doesn’t act soon. I have no doubt that it Hopkin remains in position much longer we will be relegated and with a worse points tally than any of the times under Brian Reid or Ian McCall.

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

Muirhead can do a job in midfield in one off cup games.  However, he is not and never will be a viable midfield option on a week in week our basis.  It’s astonishing to me that this even needs to be said.

Agreed, but outside of some kid on loan or someone already without a club we are not getting one till Jan so he's the best we have

If Smith and Hopkins plan includes the possibility of relegation at some point then he’ll not be for turning.

No one knows what is going on at the club but Hopkins post match interview sounded like his job was under no pressure and he felt the fans were being unreasonable. Maybe that is the overall feeling at the club.

I commend Smith for taking on the club and putting money in but if he genuinely thinks this is acceptable then he is in for a shock. It’s time for the voice of reason to earn his wage and start asking him difficult questions. He’s not there just to be in the good grace of the club and get tips on potential transfers. 
Black and White TV is a waste of time. Nothing from the club or the press has  addressed the fans concerns 

At the end of the day it will all be viewed as talk / a loud minority until we end up in another Mark Roberts situation where half the fanbase votes with their feet and the club accountant draws a sad face on the revenue sheet for that week. There is still time for someone to come in steady the ship till January and then try rebalance the squad and stumble to the finish line, before embarking on yet another rebuild. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

While the club navel gazes and talks about 3 and 5 year plans, Cove, Queen’s Park and Kelty will walk past us. 

I was thinking this last night. If we go down there is no guarantee we’ll come straight back up. Just look at Falkirk. In that league next season you could have some of the teams you’ve mentioned plus the likes of Airdrie and Montrose who are no mugs. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I was thinking this last night. If we go down there is no guarantee we’ll come straight back up. Just look at Falkirk. In that league next season you could have some of the teams you’ve mentioned plus the likes of Airdrie and Montrose who are no mugs. 

Once some of the big junior teams hit the senior leagues it will shake a lot of teams up

It will take some wheeling and dealing for a new manager in the January transfer window, unless he somehow miraculously is able to get a tune out of the current squad. If current form continues then the quality of manager we are able to attract will dwindle on a weekly basis.