The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I see Andy Morrison has left Connahs Quay Nomads. Would be a decent appointment for us.

Had to Google him if I'm being honest. A bit of a colourful character it's fair to say not without previous history but if you're purely talking about managerial achievements then taking Connahs Quay into the Europa League would trump most / all of our candidates I'd say. Beating the neighbours isnt a bad reference either.

A full time club in Scotland could be a logical next step for him. You'd think he would have plenty of contacts in the English game as well considering the standard of teams he's played for. An interesting shout.

Am I right in saying that the manager's job hasn't officially been advertised?

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I see Andy Morrison has left Connahs Quay Nomads. Would be a decent appointment for us.

He'd certainly not need to worry about any fans being on the fence in his first game. That win v killie in "Europe" would guarantee him free pints for life at the hub 😂

Edited by Thereisalight..

The list of unemployed Scottish managers contains either unrealistic targets or people that would underwhelm like Hopkin did as soon as he was appointed. However I don’t believe by waiting until the end of the season to appoint a long term manager (if that’s even the plan) would mean candidates of a higher calibre will suddenly appear out of nowhere.

By choosing to not advertise the job this time around then we more or less limited our options to those out of work as no manager/assistant/coach currently employed is likely to throw their name in for a job that appeared from the start to be Duffy’s to lose.

Going forward I do wonder what Smith’s vision is for the next couple of years and the next managers ambitions compared to the expectations of the fans, which I imagine will vary.

Just because we didn’t put an advert on the club website doesn’t mean managers aren’t aware of the vacancy. You don’t see the bigger clubs putting up a job advert when they sack a manager.

Its also possible the club had a shortlist already that they intended to headhunt. They already have a plethora of CVs from the past couple of years.

Regardless I’m sure Robbo said recently that there had been a number of applicants since Hopkin left.

8 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Just because we didn’t put an advert on the club website doesn’t mean managers aren’t aware of the vacancy. You don’t see the bigger clubs putting up a job advert when they sack a manager.

Its also possible the club had a shortlist already that they intended to headhunt. They already have a plethora of CVs from the past couple of years.

Regardless I’m sure Robbo said recently that there had been a number of applicants since Hopkin left.

Club said they had received a number of CVs within the week Hopkin resigned 

Not sure , he already has 2 assistants , 3 if you include goalkeeping coach 

Will Duffy keep that team together? Joyce and Timmins were brought in by Hopkin and should he get another job, Timmins will definitely follow him.

I know he had Smith at Dumbarton for a bit and I think he also had former Morton midfielder Craig McPherson at Morton and Dumbarton. He’ll have enough connections to bring his own guys in surely?

12 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Any new characters spotted at the club? Really miss robbo giving us wee snippets. 

I don’t expect anything coming in tbh but would love a midfield destroyer type 

Sadly the man spotted with pen in hand earlier was an engineer. 

On 29/09/2021 at 13:03, D'Jaffo said:

I'm not sure what this is based on but he was a greeting faced, entitled w****r of a man when we played them and his team was full of absolute carthorses who were only interested in kicking/wrestling folk. I'm not sure I've enjoyed a win over a team as much as I enjoyed that one, purely because of him and his teams antics.