The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

31 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

McGinty needs a good 6 months, get a move down south and get the f**k out of Scottish football if he wants to continue his career at full time. If any club signs him then they have not been paying attention. 

He did ok today, however, at one point he won a header and it fell to Chalmers, McGinty had however, followed it up while Chamers was waiting on it dropping. 

McGinty shouldered him out the way and hit it as hard as he could straight up in the air under no pressure. 

When i saw this in real time watching the game i just thought to myself McGinty was saying to Chalmers "Leave it to me and off to Mars that ball goes"

He's just a really clumsy looking player when with and without the ball, i got the fear today by how Baird almost looked identical to him in terms of hair colour/style and both wearing black boots, honestly was couple of times you could tell the difference as Baird seemed to be doing the same as McGinty most times and hoofing the ball clear at the first chance. Hope he's not learnt too many bad habits off of McGinty....

What was it Scally said today about McGinty?
He just did his own thing, wouldn't follow managers instructions so was punted. Wouldn't surprise that because he played for Man Utd once (youth team) he thinks he knows best. Inflated sense of self worth and all that, another reason to punt him beside ability.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:
7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He just did his own thing, wouldn't follow managers instructions so was punted. Wouldn't surprise that because he played for Man Utd once (youth team) he thinks he knows best. Inflated sense of self worth and all that, another reason to punt him beside ability.

https://twitter.com/KennyCrawford_/status/1441849768578195461?t=frtIZtGI3u-QI6CAcNqbZw&s=19

He'll be playing for Scotland soon 

8 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If Jim gets the job we're right behind him....for two weeks.

Was that not the infamous no divine right patter. Time frame fits,maybe the players took that as badly as the fans.

That was his last game as caretaker on 25 September 0-0 at home to Morton. Whilst the no divine right patter and Capielow being hard place to come was pulled  out on 04 December following a 2-2 away at Moron.

Its remarkable that despite the form we were on, we are still one of 5 teams in the fight and currently sit 5 points clear of the bottom (albeit having played an extra game). A truly impressive level of shite at the bottom of this league. Need to capitalise on the fact that the squad will likely be feeling a little more confident and go at teams like we did yesterday. When we play football and provide the likes of Adeloye chances in the final third we've shown we're capable of scoring - especially against the rest of the shite around us. Praying for a good January also.

36 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Its remarkable that despite the form we were on, we are still one of 5 teams in the fight and currently sit 5 points clear of the bottom (albeit having played an extra game). A truly impressive level of shite at the bottom of this league. Need to capitalise on the fact that the squad will likely be feeling a little more confident and go at teams like we did yesterday. When we play football and provide the likes of Adeloye chances in the final third we've shown we're capable of scoring - especially against the rest of the shite around us.

Worth noting that the top half of the table is no great licks either, it just wasn't burdened with incredibly terrible management (even Tommy the Staunch had incredibly bad luck and will be back in top flight management soon enough). This is a hilariously low-quality Championship and there's every possibility that the huge divide between fifth and six will vanish. Unless the league gets cancelled again of course.

Yesterday highlighted how bad the last 2 incumbents in the manager's chair were, surely up with anything as bad we've had as manager's, I actually think both were worse than Roberts who although bad was managing a PT set up. Hopefully the current squad will show us they aren't nearly as bad as performances under Dumb and Dumber would suggest, let's catch Hamilton and draw a line under this season, with a good manager/coach under this new ambitious regime I think we could be at the start of great times .

This is the second time that White has stepped in when chaos appeared. Once again a team was selected closer to the basics of football and common sense. Even many on had been calling for similar selections on both occasions. Don’t expect to win every game but at least we have shown to be competitive and have the chance of scrapping for some wins. .
 Just shows what rubbish managerial decisions we’ve had to put up with and how it can all go wrong. A mixture of left field shite and stubbornness/inability to change  have been their undoing. Let’s hope the new person has a grasp of the basics but can also add some of the modern thinking to give us an edge 

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Marvin Bartley obviously not the done deal which the newspapers were speculating 

Did they ever say it was a done deal? Thought they just said he was in discussions but I took that to mean he was one of a few in the same boat. With a bit of luck we can maybe announce a new man on Friday. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did they ever say it was a done deal? Thought they just said he was in discussions but I took that to mean he was one of a few in the same boat. With a bit of luck we can maybe announce a new man on Friday. 

Pretty sure it said something along the lines of talks were at an advanced stage, which usually indicates to it being near enough as done deal barring any stumbling blocks

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Pretty sure it said something along the lines of talks were at an advanced stage, which usually indicates to it being near enough as done deal barring any stumbling blocks

Aye, the Daily Record had clearly jumped the gun. Mathie mentioned he would have discussions with a shortlist of four and Bartley was clearly one of them. It was no more than that. I wonder who the other three are? It's been kept surprisingly hush hush other than Bartley.

30 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Talks will be at an advance stage  

14 hours ago, rb123! said:

When i saw this in real time watching the game i just thought to myself McGinty was saying to Chalmers "Leave it to me and off to Mars that ball goes"

He's just a really clumsy looking player when with and without the ball, i got the fear today by how Baird almost looked identical to him in terms of hair colour/style and both wearing black boots, honestly was couple of times you could tell the difference as Baird seemed to be doing the same as McGinty most times and hoofing the ball clear at the first chance. Hope he's not learnt too many bad habits off of McGinty....

I literally burst out laughing when he did it.

He ducked under a cross in the first half and blootered the ball to nowhere on a few occasions however he did make a goal saving block near the end of the first half and I also noticed for the first time him shouting orders and organising Reading, Houston and Baird at the back.

I actually think he's very well liked and seems to be a good guy to have in the dressing room, he also clapped all the fans as he came off despite all the abuse he's been getting. He's never going to be Maldini but maybe with a hard working midfield in front of him he's not a complete lost cause ??

14 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
14 hours ago, rb123! said:

I find that strange as most clubs he's been at he's been made Captain and also under a vast amount of Managers with all different playing styles and outlooks on how the game should be played.

Surely a guy who "doesn't listen" and "does his own thing" would never be made Captain ??

Incidentally, I'm just playing Devils advocate here.

Worth noting that the top half of the table is no great licks either, it just wasn't burdened with incredibly terrible management (even Tommy the Staunch had incredibly bad luck and will be back in top flight management soon enough). This is a hilariously low-quality Championship and there's every possibility that the huge divide between fifth and six will vanish. Unless the league gets cancelled again of course.

I would be very surprised if the gap between 5th and 6th is less than 15 points by the end of the season. There is a very sizeable gulf in quality, even if some of the bottom half sides can pull off the odd good result like yesterday's.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I would be very surprised if the gap between 5th and 6th is less than 15 points by the end of the season. There is a very sizeable gulf in quality, even if some of the bottom half sides can pull off the odd good result like yesterday's.

Dunfermline and Hamilton are HUGELY underachieving, however I honestly don't think any sane person would state that the "quality" of the Arbroath squad is massively above that of Dunfermline or Hamilton.

I'd also say that anyone watching our game yesterday would have incorrectly assumed that Ayr were the team 2nd in the league and Raith the hapless strugglers at the bottom.